Author Topic: Find players + Serverlist with filters  (Read 2880 times)

Offline DePhille

• Flagrunner
  • SoldatPage Webmaster
    • SoldatPage
Find players + Serverlist with filters
« on: May 27, 2007, 06:09:29 pm »
Hi,

IMPORTANT NOTE:
The database won't be updated again until the Lobby server has the new Player funcrtionality.
Read the second post in this topic, from FliesLikeABrick for more information. I didn't delete the old database so you can still use the script as an example.

I've made a script that is able to search for players who are currently playing online.
The script refreshes the player list every 5 minutes, which should be accurate enough.
Simply enter the exact nickname or a part of it and the script will return all matches along with a bunch of information.
I've also made a tiny script that is a mirror for the Soldat Lobby.

Features:
- List updated every 5 minutes.
- Enter the exact nickname or a part of it.
- Detailed information: team, score, ping, playing time, server, players in server, gamemode, map, version and passworded.
- Multiple matches.
- The script is hosted on SoldatPage.
- Also offers a list of all servers in the lobby.
- The serverlist also has alot of filters available.

Screenshots:
-> Find Players
-> Serverlist

Drawback:
The script only lists players that are playing on a server that has ASE enabled. Around 60% of all servers has got ASE enabled. If you want to include your server in the list, simply forward your soldat port+123 for the UDP protocol.

Grtz, DePhille
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 06:11:09 am by DePhille »
This signature was broken. Feel free to fix it.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
Re: Find players!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 06:13:39 pm »
The lobby will eventually track where all players are in all servers every minute.  This functionality will have a public API that I hope you will rewrite this program to make use of.  Right now this puts undue load on servers, and more and more people are writing programs like this.

Would you consider rewriting it once the lobby has this functionality? 

Offline DePhille

• Flagrunner
  • SoldatPage Webmaster
    • SoldatPage
Re: Find players + Serverlist with filters
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 01:08:40 pm »
Alright, I removed the update script so the extra load on the server should be gone. I was only probing around 60 servers though, since only around 30% of the servers have players in it and 60% of those 30% have ASE enabled. It usually was between 55-65 servers. I also used my own ASE parsing script, which gets all socket information in one time, which should be faster. if there's any intrest for it i'll post it in the developers corner.
The old database is still available, so people can use it as an example. I also didn't remove the serverlist since that's quite handy.

Let me know when the lobby has the new functionality and I'll rewrite the script with signatures.

Grtz, DePhille

Date Posted: 28-05-2007, 09:56:39
Alright, I added some filters to the serverlist:
Filters:
- (Part of) servername
- (Part of) mapname
- Players
- Gamemode
- BattlEye
- Survival
- Realistic
- Bonuses
- Passworded
- Bots

Grtz, DePhille

Date Posted: 28-05-2007, 13:20:39
And yet another update!

The lobby bugs have been fixed, so the script works entirely now.
On suggestion, you can now add the results page to your bookmarks or paste the link somewhere because the script is now using the GET method instead of the POST method. Also, your filter settings don't get reset when you apply them anymore.

Grtz, DePhille
This signature was broken. Feel free to fix it.