Author Topic: Teqtaunt 1.3 [a multilingual taunt editor for soldat 1.4 and newer] (26-07-07)  (Read 18905 times)

Offline MR X

• Soldier
  • Soldat Rulezz and must be played forever
I taught it would be nice to create a taunt editor for the latest versions.
Don't use it on versions below 1.4. it will mess up your taunts.
The teamchat button allows you to make the message only appear for your team.
For example like this message: Enemy flag carrier(EFC): High
You don't want to show it to your enemy's dont you?  :D

Size 1.42 MBTeqtaunt 1.3 is a multilingual taunt editor for soldat 1.4 and soldat 1.4.1
Included languages:
  • English
  • Nederlands
  • Deutsch (Thanks to w0hl)
  • Estonian (Thanx to TheOwnage)

Screenshot:

A little manual:

Indtroduction:
What are taunts? Taunts are messages that you can show in soldat while playing with a key combination. valid keycombinations are: ALT + A, B, C...Z or ALT + 0, 1, 2...9
These taunts can be edited with various taunts editors like TeqTaunt.

How to use the program:
Install it. Run it.
It asks only the first time for your soldat folder. Just click on Browse and select your soldat folder(For example: C:\Soldat). When you have done that the program says you need to restart it
click on OK and restart it.
Now you can use it.If you are registered you'll see that the profile combobox may contain more than the   default profile. You can choose your profile there if you are registered. it will be editing your taunts only then.click on a letter or number button to edit that taunt(for example if you click on W you can edit the keycombination ALT+W). In the status field you will be seeing a text like this: Enter text for taunt: W. Then modify your taunts text in the text field. when you've edited your taunts you need to click on the Save button to save everything you've modified.

Button/controll explanation:
Browse: click this button to set your soldat folder.
Teamchat on/off: When you click this button you enable or disable that the message is only shown to your team or not.
Undo: undo's the last change in currently selected taunt.
Clear: Deletes the content of the currently selected taunt.
Language: select your language here. this will not translate your taunts file. only the program itself
Profile: If you are registered you may see more profiles in here. select your profile here and only your profile will be affected.
Command: Allows you to insert a command like kill yourself in a taunt.
Save: Use this button to save your changes.
Alpha-nummeric buttons: Use these buttons to select a taunt for editing.

Link broken? mail to zwielkezwenkwielke@hotmail.com. and i will upload it again.
Made a translation for it? mail it to zwielkezwenkwielke@hotmail.com and it will be integrated in the next version!

How to create a translation

First of all install the newest TeqTaunt.
1. Open up TeqTaunts install folder(Default: C:\Program Files\TeqTaunt)
2. Then open up the translation folder(TeqTaunt\AutoPlay\Translations)
3. Copy a folder with the name of a language that you can understand the best.
Now you have for example a copy of the folder English.
4. Change the copy's name to the name of the language wherein you want to translate Teqtaunt.
5 Open up the folder you just created
6. Open translation.dll with a text editor like notepad.
7. Then just translate everything.
8. Save the file.
9. Now open up the file: redbarsizes.txt
10. Edit the correct lines to change the width of the red bars behind the text labels.
      When you do this when you have teqtaunt open you need to change the language from for example
      if you are editing the English language, English to another language and back to see the bars
      changing. If they not changing you havent saved your redbarsizes.txt file.
11. Then if you like mail the translation folder to my email or post it here.

Changelog:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------               
Version 1.0 (17-07-07):

* Teqtaunt 1.0 was born
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------               
Version 1.1 (18-07-07):

- Fixed: Bug
         - Added: Informational Dialog on first time exit
Version 1.2(22-07-07):

- Fixed: bugs
        - Added: a save button
        - Added: Undo button
        - Added: New language: Estonian (Thanks to TheOwnage)
        - Modified: More advanced soldat folder check
Version 1.3(26-07-07):

- Added: Red bars behind the text labels
        - Added: New language: Deutsch (Thanks to w0hl)
        - Modified: Text collor changed to white
        - Modified: Changed layout a little bit.

Know issues:
Doesnt support unicode yet.
You can help me if you find a dll that converts string from ANSI to UNICODE and vice versa.

dd-mm-yy
Last Updated on: 26-07-07

Let me know what you think of this application!
DOWNLOAD:http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=17371.0;id=8944
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 07:26:23 am by MR X »
Soldat Rulezz and must be played forever

Offline truup

• Soldier
....it just closes when I have selected Soldat folder. ;S Next time when I start your program, it gives error messagebox saying "Page 1 -> OnShow, Line 48: Argument 1 must be of type table.".

Why upload it in Megaupload? Rather put it in as attachment on the topic.

Other than that, it seems nice.

Edit: Rather have a save button. I don't think it's good that it saves when you chance taunt key to edit.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 11:54:53 am by truup »

Offline MR X

• Soldier
It needs a restart the first time you use it. for that other error: pfff. ill fix it. :D
Thanx for adding the error code/message. I know now what causes that error: It searches for profiles. since you are not registered i think you dont have a profile. the program will search for those profiles that arent there in your situation and want to do some calculations on that. with as result you get that error thing. Temporary Solution: Make a TXT file in the folder: Soldat\Profiles. for example: yourname.txt. That should fix it..I make a new version with this fixed so quick as i can.

Rather have a save button. I don't think it's good that it saves when you chance taunt key to edit.

Wy you think that? it only uses a little bit more CPU speed. its minimal. i think i know what you mean. but don't worry about it. ill think about it.  ;)

Why upload it in Megaupload? Rather put it in as attachment on the topic.
You are right about that. didnt know it has such big limit. :D. next version will be attached  :)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 08:52:26 am by MR X »

Offline truup

• Soldier
Ok that's cool. I've had an idea for a whole new system to make taunts, but I haven't gotten into coding it yet. Maybe someday. ;P

Rather have a save button. I don't think it's good that it saves when you chance taunt key to edit.

Wy you think that? it only uses a little bit more CPU speed. its minimal. i think i know what you mean. but don't worry about it. ill think about it.  Wink
It *might* cause some errors, for example if the file is deleted or smth, and it could be nice if it would be possible to save in another file.

Offline MR X

• Soldier
It *might* cause some errors, for example if the file is deleted or smth, and it could be nice if it would be possible to save in another file.

If i see such error i will search for a solution for that. not now. And about that save to another file, do you mean you can save a customnameherefortauntsfile.txt to for example the desktop or another folder? I can make that if you like :D. btw the bug you've reported is fixed now.

for example if the file is deleted or smth
When the taunt file doesnt exist anymore it will create a new.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 12:08:16 pm by MR X »

Offline TheOwnage

• Major(1)
  • Hello, my friends! :D
Yea, make that SAVE thing too... And i can translate it to Estonian, but I'm too lazy. :D
Anyway, great job! (I think...)

Edit:
Ehh I still translated this...  ;D
Here's link: Estonian.rar
I think it's working (worked for me)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 12:20:24 pm by TheOwnage »

Offline urraka

• Soldat Developer
  • Flagrunner
eeerf omg it didn't work and it destroyed my taunt file hahahah
i'll post the errors i found later when i feel like doing it
urraka

Offline MR X

• Soldier
eeerf omg it didn't work and it destroyed my taunt file hahahah
i'll post the errors i found later when i feel like doing it

How did you do that. it cant destroy your taunts file unless you are using a version below 1.4.

@TheOwnage:
Very much thanks for the translation. really.
Can you translate a little bit more for a future version? it will be the final release and i will send you the English translation if you like to help me out. again: Thank you. really appreciate that.

Lets have a fair vote for the save button.
If there are more yesses then nono's then i will integrate the button when i've finnisched all the other features that have priority. cause it is a lot of work.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 09:30:23 am by MR X »

Offline TheOwnage

• Major(1)
@TheOwnage:
Very much thanks for the translation. really.
Can you translate a little bit more for a future version? it will be the final release and i will send you the English translation if you like to help me out. again: Thank you. really appreciate that.

Sure, no problem. :D
And i voted...
Yes, it should have a save button
:D

Offline urraka

• Soldat Developer
  • Flagrunner
Ok, I'll explain you the bug I have. I open the program, with the directory already configured. So I guess it loaded my taunt automatically. But the text I have in my taunt file isn't shown, weird characters are shown, and each time i press some button i get a message saying "OnClick, Line 2: attempt to concatenate field '?' (a nil value)". I guess my file was destroyed when i tried to change some taunt because it couldn't load all the taunts stored on it.

I guess it has something to do with unicode. My taunts file isn't the default one. It's saved by a program i made for myself, and it saves the file using Unicode encoding (which is supposed to be UTF-16LE)

I'll post my taunt file here so you can see the bug I have.

BTW, it's a nice application, you only have to make sure it supports unicode, and please add a save button. It's a bit annoying that it replaces your taunt file if you are just testing (and not to mention destroying it :P).
urraka

Offline MR X

• Soldier
Omg this is pretty hard for me. ill see if i can create a function that converts taunt files temporary.
Don't blame me iff i fail with it. i dont know if the engine supports it and stuff like that. maybe i should use a library (DLL). i will research this and i will inform you iff i fail or suceed.

I open the program, with the directory already configured.

The very first time when you open it. it should be saying: Please click on browse and select your soldat folder. if not. reinstall the NEWEST version of my TeqTaunt.

it couldn't load all the taunts stored on it.

It loads all taunts or none. empty taunts included.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 04:12:27 pm by MR X »

Offline urraka

• Soldat Developer
  • Flagrunner
It told me to browse for soldat directory, that worked just fine.
About loading taunts, i think it loads them, but as it is in a different encoding it doesn't recognize the text properly.

Anyway, what programming language are you using, or what functions to load and store the file. Maybe I can help you up with the encodings.
urraka

Offline MR X

• Soldier
@PerroAZUL. I am using A program called Autoplay media studio to create my programs. That program usess LUA as its scripting language. i just did some reasearch on the AMS forums and i found that it doesnt support UNICODE yet. But it was on their list for a future update. The scripts that are integrated. for writing and reading i use:
TextFile.WriteFromTable(string Filename, table Table, boolean Append = false) and
TextFile.ReadToTable(string Filename)
I think i just need to find to correct DLL to expand my possibility's. Im just 17,5 years old and i am not an expert :D. i'm an very advanced LUA AMS programmer. :)

@all. Ok Guys a little update on my progress. i've added a undo button that does the same as CTRL+Z.
And your SAVE BUTTON is integrated to!. Some bugs are fixed. ALL THIS YOU"ll See in version 1.2 that will be out soon.
Anymore reqeust for this program?

Date Posted: July 21, 2007, 11:16:56 PM
@TheOwnage

Hi can you translate the attachment to Estonian please?
It is just 3-4 lines longer than the previous version.
When you did this post it here and it will be used in the next version that i will be releasing after you've
translated it.

@all .you can make translations to if you want to!!!
post them here if you like!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 07:54:34 pm by MR X »

Offline TheOwnage

• Major(1)
OK. Translated. It should be OK, but i can't be 100% sure, but I'm 98% sure. :D
Estonian.rar

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
Does not work for me. Says all my taunts are ç¤1╦┘® etc.
Thank god for uninstall.

Offline MR X

• Soldier
Sorry EnEsCe. It has something to do with unicode.
ill try to fix it. but as it looks right now, it's pretty much impossible for now.

Offline MR X

• Soldier
@TheOwnage
Translation works. thx.
Ill be releasing the next version about in 15 minutes. your language will be in there.

Date Posted: July 22, 2007, 03:49:23 PM
My taunts didn't have any Unicode however.... They were default

Do you have an idea then how to fix it?

Offline urraka

• Soldat Developer
  • Flagrunner
Thank god for uninstall.

That's pretty much what happened to me.

If you can't make it support Unicode... no.

You should change the tittle:
Teqtaunt 1.2 [a multilingual taunt editor for soldat prior to 1.4 and soldat 1.4.1.]
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 04:06:58 pm by PerroAZUL »
urraka

Offline MR X

• Soldier
Thank god for uninstall.

That's pretty much what happened to me.

If you can't make it support Unicode... no.

You should change the tittle:
Teqtaunt 1.2 [a multilingual taunt editor for soldat prior to 1.4 and soldat 1.4.1.]

Wy this: and soldat 1.4.1.
It works for soldat 1.4.1 to.

And ill research that damn unicode issue. It's not impossible and it again a challange for me to fix it.
i don't give up i hope  :).

If someone could find an application that runs from commandline or an dll that converts any charset to unicode it would be nice. then i can integrate that. or just any crazy other idea.

I've pm someone on another forum. he had made a dll that converts ANSI to UNICODE
i've asked him to create a DLL that does UNICODE to ANSI. hopefully he creates it. if he does i can fix your problems. :D
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 07:03:32 am by MR X »