Author Topic: SWC 2014 Sign Ups Are Open  (Read 6831 times)

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
SWC 2014 Sign Ups Are Open
« on: July 21, 2014, 02:57:43 pm »
My fellow Soldateers all around the world,

I am happy to announce that Soldat's World Cup is about to return for it's 2014 version.

The most important information comes first: Sign-ups will open today, 17th of June and the cup will start on 1st of August.

Mixed national teams

As we are pretty much aware of the activity loss in Soldat we decided to be a bit more lenient with "mixed national teams". However, this does also depend on the level of activity and the amount of signed up countries. We will make a final decision regarding this once we reach the final stage of the sign-up time which probably is around the start of the final week of sign ups (starting friday, 25th of July). Yet the chances are good that we might allow people to merge, even if they're not from the same country. We don't know any details yet, but we will keep you updated.

Multiple teams

Of course we will allow multiple teams once again this year. The way we deal with multiple team will not change significantly compared to last year, which means:

- Pre-qualification matches will be played until the start of the cup, 1st of August. This deadline is final. We will not allow these matches to interfere with our schedule. Additionally, signing up multiple teams for a single country is limited to until friday, 25th of July to ensure that all matches are played in time

That means if you have multiple teams in your country they should all sign-up as soon as possible in order to allow as fluent as possible a run for the cup.

Example:

Poland A signs up in the first week of sign-ups.
Poland B signs up in the second week of sign-ups.

Poland B is too late, hence Poland A will be considered as Poland's official representive. Poland A could then decide whether they would want to recruit members of Poland B.

Poland A signs up in the first week of sign-ups.
Poland B signs up in the first week of sign-ups.

In this case both teams will face each other before the end of the sign up phase. The winner is also allowed to take in players from the other team if they want to.

That's it for now. Now get on IRC and search for all those country-mates of yours and gather them to participate in SWC. Let's hope for an active and enjoyable world cup!

Good luck to everyone.

//Original post by ymmees can be found here.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."