Author Topic: Soldat's facebook fanpage  (Read 9778 times)

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
Soldat's facebook fanpage
« on: September 25, 2014, 04:16:45 am »
Hey,

As you may know I've been managing the facebook fanpage for quite a while. I'd like to increase its popularity and views in general but I need your help with that.

Please search for the content (screenshots, videos) that could be posted on that fanpage - things soldat related are acceptable only - and post it here. I'll be choosing some of them and posting it on the facebook fanpage.

Maybe we have some fanmade art? Some amazing maps worth featuring? Anything which is somehow connected with soldat will be good.

I count on you, guys.

Cheers,
Furai - THD Team
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
Re: Soldat's facebook fanpage
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 04:59:53 am »
some amazingly looking maps:

Ash remake
Bridge
Pyramid
Beppu

Also check this topic , for gameplay screenshots.

"I'd like to increase its popularity and views in general but I need your help with that."
How do you want to achieve that ?

Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 06:42:06 am »
What you think about changing the header and avatar images? Check my suggestion: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=43224 (jan 19, 2014)

Post SCTFL, SWC news, some #tbt with movies (there's a youtube channel with a bunch of Soldat movies) and old championships results etc.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 09:16:08 am by duz »
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 10:33:49 am »
Maybe all the soldat movies could be of some assistance..?
https://www.youtube.com/user/SoldatFilms/featured
I'm the only one doing stuff on soldatfilms right now I think. I was wondering how we could get a closer connection with the facebook page, any ideas?

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 04:42:03 am »
"I'd like to increase its popularity and views in general but I need your help with that."
How do you want to achieve that ?
By posting stuff that actually can attract a reader/viewer/fan and it will encourage one to like it/share it with friends. Like some funny fanart picture. Meme about the game. Anything.
Our devlogs need pictures. If you see just a plain link somewhere in your news feed - it's less likely that you'll actually click it.
What you think about changing the header and avatar images? Check my suggestion: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=43224 (jan 19, 2014)

Post SCTFL, SWC news, some #tbt with movies (there's a youtube channel with a bunch of Soldat movies) and old championships results etc.
I think I'll change it. Do you have the cover photo without that gaping hole for the avatar? It's not aligned well on the facebook.

I want to make engaging posts, something which will catch readers eye. That's what I'd like to get help from you. What are your ideas of an engaging post?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 05:20:34 am by Furai »
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 10:15:30 am »
Maybe interview some Soldat devs(especially when Shoozza is going to reveal all this secret stuff!) or something about sctfl playoffs/clans/players! Links to past streams :) etc...
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 03:24:42 pm »
I think I'll change it. Do you have the cover photo without that gaping hole for the avatar? It's not aligned well on the facebook.
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
Awards

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2014, 03:20:42 am »
I've added the cover photo but I don't think I'll use this avatar. The one we have is way better, imo.

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2014, 07:24:41 am »
I've added the cover photo but I don't think I'll use this avatar. The one we have is way better, imo.
Ok, heres a fix to the header. There's some buttons overlapping it:

I tried to reproduce the current avatar with a better alignment to the Soldat logo and better image quality:
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
Awards

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2014, 05:27:09 am »
On my screen nothing overlaps with the cover photo.

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2014, 07:54:32 am »
On my screen nothing overlaps with the cover photo.

1080p desktop
i cant read the www.soldat.pl
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
Awards

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2014, 08:58:46 am »
Fixed it. Changed the avatar to new one as well.

EDIT:

What do you think about status update like this: CLICK!

EDIT #2:

I think that the best way would be to change this topic into some sort of request for putting updates on fanpage. You can ask me to feature something on the fanpage and I'll asses it, and post it if I'll find it good.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 09:17:49 am by Furai »

Offline Balrog

• Major(1)
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2014, 10:46:37 am »
1. something like servers ad's/invitations with small review. (so people know that there are players that actually play, not just comment this game in forum)
2. Behind the scene from devs(images of current workplace or screens from PC) (so people know that its game made by gamers) not by some company)
3. Maps/scripts/interface competitions (awards? forum stars/new type like "map/script champion" or anything else)

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2014, 11:45:14 am »
The photos from the devs seems like a really nice idea, but as I know them they will be rather reluctant to show their faces. On top of that we'll never get them all together in one photo. Why? Simply because they are scattered around the world. :)

Offline ExHunter

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Soldier
  • Speedy go!
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2014, 11:49:31 am »
1. find a green screen
3. take a photo
4. find somebody who can use photoshop
5. ???
6. profit -> dev team photo.

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2014, 12:06:46 pm »
Soldat is a small game compared to BF, COD etc. So, why you don't turn on the MESSAGE option? That way is easier to send any update suggestion and all page moderator will receive the notification.

Balrog said good things. You can make some #tbt updates with old players and their awards, old clans, featured servers every day (XXX's CTF #1 is 16/24 + any info), topics like the "soldat.pl screenshots" could be part of this...
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
Awards

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2014, 03:47:38 am »
Because I'm the only page moderator, at least the semi-active one, and I don't have time to go through all of it.

As to status updates like you have just mentioned - plain text will not attract anyone. It has to be accompanied with some photo/screenshot, preferably topical.

Offline Balrog

• Major(1)
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2014, 06:15:20 am »
so what is the problem to get help from others forum users? I see that most of you know each other for more than one year, just give someone pass to Fb account so someone could help you...

even if they gonna check this FB once per week, its still better to have few semi-active users than one...

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2014, 05:23:25 am »
I don't think there would be a problem but no one ever asked me or was interested to help me out. No one will pay someone for doing the updates...so it's kind of boring and tedious work.

Anyway, if people really wanted to help this thread would be already full of amazing screnshots, fan made art, links to interesting articles, in general anything soldat related. So far I've seen few links to maps and so on, that's not enough.

As few of you probably know, at facebook you can do scheduled posts - if I had enough material here I could make posts on facebook for following few weeks just by spending an hour or so. BUT I don't have anything cool. I'm trying to do my best but I really would like someone to help me out. Just find something interesting, doesn't have to be created/posted recently...

I could start posting jrgp's pictures from the forums, maybe we'll scrap few new likes. :)

Offline Balrog

• Major(1)
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2014, 08:08:01 am »
You could start with those post of workspace of devs, not their faces or where they live but screenshots of typical mess on their screens when they do something related to Soldat, and also their desk or place where they last work with soldat(maybe not all of them spend their "internet time" in home...).

Also you could make small posts with new maps showed in forum or random map from TMS(some old maps are still good to play and it would be good to recall them). nothing big, screenshot, link to forum/TMS and small note why you like it.

You could make small review of servers, once per few weeks. some small servers that are not in top of forum fav list have sometimes cool maps/scripts or players.

You could make some chit-chat talk with people that are well known in Soldat, but not some serious interview.
It could be in form of 1v1 in soldat with this guy. You play, but also talk about how you start playing soldat, what you do(if he is dev) and how he start to work with programming and what was his previous projects.
that would be cool to see some of you, even moderators playing 1v1 and talking about soldat related stuff.