Author Topic: Chainsaw issues  (Read 4966 times)

DarkCrusade

Chainsaw issues
« on: September 20, 2014, 02:07:30 am »
Hey people,

over the course of the last couple of versions, the damage dished out by weapons has sufficiently increased due to netcode-related improvements, including grenades. The issue? People die at a much faster rate.

While shooting weapons were not thrown entirely off balance, the Chainsaw was the big loser of these changes. The Chainsaw requires the player to avoid shooting while closing in on potent victims, and thus most oftenly has a clear line of fire directed at itself. Now, I also know that swift movement and dodging are a big part of the gameplay, but there are a lot of issues with close combat and grenades also, in moments where you are not able to dodge shots. A single grenade, and a quick burst of fire, and you're dead. Not awesome.

Do you people agree with what I am saying? How can we fix this?

Offline Adam

• Camper
  • When someone you argue with has a good point.
Re: Chainsaw issues
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 02:12:15 am »
decrease damage for all guns except spaz, since spaz never registers, lel

Arguing with your girlfriend and you don't get a response for a few minutes

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 05:45:31 am »
A single grenade, and a quick burst of fire, and you're dead. Not awesome.
There is no burst needed in the most cases if you throw it right - decreasing all weapon damages could be an idea, but not for the grenades.

I am totally fine with the feel of how many damage the weapons are causing currently but quite a few people are bothered by too much damage and compare the latest versions with soldat realistic, kinda.
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 06:51:27 am »
quite a few people are bothered by too much damage and compare the latest versions with soldat realistic

I agree with that. I reckon that the general high damage makes the gameplay too much centered around weapons/aiming skills.
It makes the game slower. For example it's almost impossible to pass an enemy without killing him first. So you constantly have to stop. Which is lame for people that love Soldat for it's movement mechanics.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 05:04:25 pm »
Yeah, outmaneuvering people can be more fun.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2014, 11:23:58 am »
The one-hit grenades really are an issue! But I would already be fine if the normal weapon damage was decreased by, say, 5-10%, depending on how much a difference that would make. It seems to be the only way to go, looking how the netcode improves with every version!

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 04:06:24 pm »
Too much for Soldaters perhaps and bit off topic, but how about taking out player collision out of the grenades and make it possible to hold the armed grenade in your hand? This way it would become a timing based weapon instead of aim/spam weapon.