Author Topic: Going out of the map  (Read 1571 times)

Offline Viral

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • 123 hi
Going out of the map
« on: August 27, 2014, 07:31:08 am »
Nothing big, just quite irrating sometimes. The area where you can move around (and not get teleported to spawn) should be way bigger imo. At the moment you can easily fall out of the map because the borders are very close to the polygons (you cant even perform a straight jump without being respawned).
I think it would be quite nice tweak for future version (if its not to complex to fix).

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
Re: Going out of the map
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 08:14:18 am »
Nothing big, just quite irrating sometimes. The area where you can move around (and not get teleported to spawn) should be way bigger imo. At the moment you can easily fall out of the map because the borders are very close to the polygons (you cant even perform a straight jump without being respawned).
I think it would be quite nice tweak for future version (if its not to complex to fix).
+1

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 10:51:41 am »
All the map needs are two polygons in the opposite corners to define the allowed area.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 10:53:39 am by Dusty »

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 11:30:22 am »
All the map needs are two polygons in the opposite corners to define the allowed area.
Exactly what I though..

Not a big deal,... it's basically up to the mapper to decide where the map ends. You can make the polygon invisible and appear in the background.

F11 of corse cause #wasteoftime
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 05:31:06 pm »
Not an ideal solution, since that also makes the minimap have an empty border around it. I do agree that the border should be a bit further away. Or ideally - customizable.