Author Topic: paying for anti cheat?  (Read 7839 times)

Offline Snip

• Major(1)
paying for anti cheat?
« on: January 01, 2015, 05:28:30 pm »
Just been wondering how many of u people would offer some money to get some anti cheat back in soldat
maybe its possible then to get it back?

Like maybe we can get battleye back or something if we found out the costs of it a month
Some people even willing to pay every month for a good anti cheat
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 05:41:59 pm by Snip »

Offline Izzy Rose (PL)

• Soldier
  • I am tank! Get out my way!
Re: paying for anti cheat?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 06:14:36 pm »
No.
Ingame known as just Izzy
[Barret]/
+

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 06:24:38 pm »
Though I would glady pay some sum for a working anti-cheat, I think sadly we have to realize that the demand/supply is just not there to intice a potential developer to take up the cause. Bottom line is not enough people play Soldat so the person developing the anti-cheat would not make enough money.

I think we have to pin our hopes on someone coming forward like Mr who has the talent and wants to do it just because they love the game.
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline nosejj

• Camper
    • Soldat Discord!
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 04:13:22 am »
Even when the community was larger, most weren't willing to pay regularly for an anti-cheat...
I guess we'll just have to be patient, sadly.

Offline DutchFlame

• Camper
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 11:41:40 am »

I guess we'll just have to be patient, sadly.

it's said to be out when 1.7 gets out

Offline Ricrylonten

• Major
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 02:08:00 pm »
No.

You are cancer.

I eagerly await anticheat and would be glad to donate and support its development.

BattlEye, however, is definitely out of our league. I don't think we can compete with ArmA bucks.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 02:10:02 pm by Ricrylonten »

Offline Izzy Rose (PL)

• Soldier
  • I am tank! Get out my way!
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2015, 04:10:00 pm »
No.
You are cancer.
Thank you.

Personally, talk what you want, but I can't see need to use advanced anti-cheat systems in our game. In last year I met maybe 3, 4 cheaters who used real teleport/speed/invulnerability hacks and they were kicked in really short time by other players on server. We get along with fighting off cheaters and paying for anti-cheat systems became pointless in my opinion.
Moreover, BattleEye wasn't well implemented into Soldat in my feeling and it made me unable to regular play. Caused lot of problems, when my ping was just a little higher than average.
Ingame known as just Izzy
[Barret]/
+

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2015, 05:00:54 pm »
Maybe MM could afford PunkBuster or equivalent. MM's latest games make money; Soldat probably does not make enough money or have the attention/demand necessary to warrant buying quality anticheat.

I think BattlEye might be defunct for other games too.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Snip

• Major(1)
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2015, 05:07:24 pm »
No.
You are cancer.
Thank you.

Personally, talk what you want, but I can't see need to use advanced anti-cheat systems in our game. In last year I met maybe 3, 4 cheaters who used real teleport/speed/invulnerability hacks and they were kicked in really short time by other players on server. We get along with fighting off cheaters and paying for anti-cheat systems became pointless in my opinion.
Moreover, BattleEye wasn't well implemented into Soldat in my feeling and it made me unable to regular play. Caused lot of problems, when my ping was just a little higher than average.

lol 3/4 cheaters in a year?
i have seen in 2015 already 5+ playing gathers open ur eyes

Offline JotEmI

• Soldier
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2015, 09:26:39 pm »
No.
You are cancer.
Thank you.

lol 3/4 cheaters in a year?
i have seen in 2015 already 5+ playing gathers open ur eyes
True, I've been seeing more and more cheaters recently. They usually don't use such obvious cheats as teleport/invulnearability but rather things like no bink/no startup time/multiple bullets so it's harder to spot them. For most of the time you won't even notice it unless you spectate and watch closely.

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2015, 09:26:58 pm »
aimbots aimbots everywhere the paranoia has become reality...
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline stachuATX7

• Major(1)
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2015, 03:52:14 am »
Im 100% for it to pay some money for anticheat cause i still love this game. I can donate something about 100euro on start the next thing is that we or even me could donating soldat 10Euro per month for WORKING anticheat correctly.

Offline nosejj

• Camper
    • Soldat Discord!
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2015, 05:18:45 am »
Im 100% for it to pay some money for anticheat cause i still love this game. I can donate something about 100euro on start the next thing is that we or even me could donating soldat 10Euro per month for WORKING anticheat correctly.
Give it straight to Mr, maybe he'll hurry. :-D

Offline JotEmI

• Soldier
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2015, 11:17:41 am »
Today on one of the Zabijaka's server there was a guy spawning stat guns and other weapons everywhere. And instead of kicking him out ppl actually wanted to know where to get that hax...

Offline Fryer

• Camper
  • Game dev
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2015, 04:47:57 am »
Today on one of the Zabijaka's server there was a guy spawning stat guns and other weapons everywhere. And instead of kicking him out ppl actually wanted to know where to get that hax...
That sounds more like an admin abusing server scripts than a hack. I've seen Bonecrusher (the server owner) using some pretty weird scripts when he was playing there, like spawning bonuses, so I guess that's just another shitty admin abuse script he added.
...PC vs Mac is like AK47 vs M4A1...
<DutchFlame`> i once heard running runescape in the background gave you a speedboost
<Mr> yes, it allocates more electrons, so there are more electrons available for Soldat -> they are streched less and it is more fluent

Soldat PolyWorks 1.5.0.13 - AimMode - Aim practise gamemode script - Fryer's SoldatStream Mod

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2015, 08:10:33 pm »
it also could have been me playing around

Im chill like that

Offline JotEmI

• Soldier
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2015, 10:45:05 am »
it also could have been me playing around
It wasn't you but maybe your right, maybe it was another admin making fun of us.

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2015, 05:58:17 pm »
I checked the logs - it was an admin.

Im chill like that

Offline Ratman

• Major(1)
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2015, 02:45:37 pm »
I think the real problem is like JotEmI pointed out: the not so obvious hacks (no bink or delay). If someone could make a guide on how to spot these these it would make it a lot easier for the admins at the very least. Especially since a lot of those could be explained through lag and no one wants to ban someone who just looks "suspicious" and has no concrete proof.

Offline Name

• Soldier
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2015, 01:53:46 am »
A problem is also that those things happen without the actual player applying any cheats. Someone might still be responsible, but not always the player.