Author Topic: Abusing server scripts  (Read 3264 times)

Offline Name

• Soldier
Re: Abusing server scripts
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2015, 04:44:39 pm »
I like the /mine script =D but not so much when I get accused of hacking when using it :(
I'm not sure which script you're talking about.

In Tactical Trenchwars each team traditionally recieves one mine which is planted in a strategic position and you don't get a new one until a while after it blows up. /mine is the command for the engineer to plant a mine, though there are also more universal shortcuts which directs to that command. In TTW the mines are a basic part of the gameplay.

On some servers however, like Leo's TW, the mines were more of a bonus you got after a certein amount of kills or a flagscore. Some players didn't like the way of how those were added to the game and I don't think the mines were quite as much a natural part of the game in TW as they are in TTW. Still, it was an addition.

Both of these concepts are however not the kind of scripts which Fryer was protesting against as they are available to anyone who plays and meant to always function in a certein way for anyone who makes use of them. What he speaks out against is scripts which admins can use to manipulate the game, like cheating on their own servers, which I think is a bad thing regardless of if it's trenchwar, CTF or whatever.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 04:54:07 pm by Name »