Author Topic: ctf_Levorx layout  (Read 2339 times)

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
ctf_Levorx layout
« on: April 16, 2014, 10:44:28 pm »
Hello,

I made another map layout today. This will obviously be my last new map layout for now, since I want to 100% finish ctf_Pyramid & ctf_Replay now.

quick update:

update3: (new spawns)

The 'tower' in the very middle collides players & bullets, but you can shoot through the two 'windows' which appear brighter. It doesn't really allow spawn killing but I guess it creates some pressure!

The 'bridge' you see on top is using 'only player collides' polygons, so you can get shot from below or shoot players below of you if are are standing on the bridge.
On the very lower route there is a pit which is covered by fog. If you get too far into it you will die from it.

The map allows several styles of playing it & ppl. can involve a lot of custom tactics for it. It pretty much works with every weapon.

So, this is the current layout, if you have new ideas or suggestions please let me know!

(Like my nick, I created the mapname out of my retired mind by typing random keys on my keyboard, so if you have some name suggestions please post them!)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 08:44:56 am by darDar »
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
Re: ctf_Levorx layout
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 03:20:52 am »
you could make it more industrial: steam pipes, cables, etc. Main tower would be massive pipe/chimney with smaller pipes in white windows spots, loots of bacground etc... Oh, I love such maps.

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 06:26:19 am »
The thin polies on the top part is an issue. They will be be full of polybugs and there is no cure for it unless you can find a way to thicken them while staying true to your layout idea.

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 08:13:40 am »
The thin polies on the top part is an issue. They will be be full of polybugs and there is no cure for it unless you can find a way to thicken them while staying true to your layout idea.
Thanks,

but those polys are not such thin as they might look like from the image. The map is quite big, so the bridges might appear thinner than they are. I wouldn't say that other bridges are thicker, are they?

From what I've played so far, the bridges didn't cause any trouble yet!
I could still make them 2x wider and it wouldn't affect the gameplay at all, since you can shoot through it anyways!
you could make it more industrial: steam pipes, cables, etc. Main tower would be massive pipe/chimney with smaller pipes in white windows spots, loots of bacground etc.
Yeah, I wanted to add some stuff like that it's hard to find good sceneries and cutting them can be quite a pain!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 08:17:12 am by darDar »

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 08:20:59 am »
Yeah, I wanted to add some stuff like that it's hard to find good sceneries and cutting them can be quite a pain!

You can always make it from polygons(even new ones) and if you make too much you can always get screen of it and make png file from it. eg almost all my ash remake is made from polygons but after.. v4 or v5 I made png files from there

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 05:04:39 pm »

*new spawn points
*made the whole map 22% smaller
*added new sceneries

gather.soldat.pl

Offline Viral

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • 123 hi
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 05:20:54 am »
Try to shade the islands a bit, if your poly structure isn't a total mess it will make your map look way better. Also copy-pasted middle sceneries are quite noticible, maybe try to move them around a bit so they won't look so poorly mirrored?