Author Topic: Soldat's facebook fanpage  (Read 9686 times)

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
Re: Soldat's facebook fanpage
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2014, 01:38:01 pm »
I didn't know about scheduled posts yet. That's a cool thing.
The SCTFL playoffs are just going on. There were streams made and there will be further streams

I can post some links when im back home.

Tutorials etc. Are a good thing to share either.
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2014, 04:00:52 am »
I think it would be cool to post soldat videos. There are 200+ videos on Soldatfilms, you could do one each week/month

Offline nosejj

• Camper
    • Soldat Discord!
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2014, 04:12:21 am »
I think it would be cool to post soldat videos. There are 200+ videos on Soldatfilms, you could do one each week/month
Video of the week type of thing, I like that! Maybe it'll encourage people to make new videos! :)

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2014, 06:15:23 am »
Video of the week sounds good. We could do it every Friday evening around 6PM UTC so it would have the best reach. Or the same but actually on Saturday.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2014, 07:26:41 am »
Very well

I will pick out a good one from SoldatFilm's database before each friday and give Furai the link along with some text/info about the video

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2014, 11:16:25 am »
Here are two streams of recent SCTFL playoff matches
Here is another playoff match : Both teams have been in finals last season.

You can find the time scheduling for the matches here - There might not always be a stream for the matches but you might be able to share it on FB - so that ppl. might watch it live (if you are fast enough) - That's not even that easy since it often just decides a few minutes before the match actually starts, if it can be streamed / commentated.
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2014, 01:07:06 pm »
Very well

I will pick out a good one from SoldatFilm's database before each friday and give Furai the link along with some text/info about the video
It might be better to do a list of few videos at once. I'll use scheduled posts to have post for future.

Here are two streams of recent SCTFL playoff matches
Here is another playoff match : Both teams have been in finals last season.

You can find the time scheduling for the matches here - There might not always be a stream for the matches but you might be able to share it on FB - so that ppl. might watch it live (if you are fast enough) - That's not even that easy since it often just decides a few minutes before the match actually starts, if it can be streamed / commentated.
I cannot dedicate that much time just to check if the streams are there.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2014, 06:30:40 am »
I'm still in need for content. I cannot create the content. I have no problem with posting whatever you ask me to (of course after evaluating it).

evho, where are the promised videos?

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2014, 04:36:38 pm »
:s I've picked out some movies but I'm just not done with the associated text.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2014, 06:32:10 am »
You know that you could just start with one video? Since it is supposed to be released every week...you could just give me one video now with caption and later do the rest.
You could just start a new topic or keep editing your post here.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2014, 08:32:31 am »
So homerofgods provided me with the list of the videos over PM. Basing on that I've scheduled 15 posts, every Friday. That means that we have 15 weeks covered. Still, those are only videos.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2014, 12:38:17 am »
How about interviews with the staff? Something like "Meet the Devs".

Offline Balrog

• Major(1)
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2014, 02:12:35 am »
How about interviews with the staff? Something like "Meet the Devs".

You could start with those post of workspace of devs, not their faces or where they live but screenshots of typical mess on their screens when they do something related to Soldat, and also their desk or place where they last work with soldat(maybe not all of them spend their "internet time" in home...).

Also you could make small posts with new maps showed in forum or random map from TMS(some old maps are still good to play and it would be good to recall them). nothing big, screenshot, link to forum/TMS and small note why you like it.

You could make small review of servers, once per few weeks. some small servers that are not in top of forum fav list have sometimes cool maps/scripts or players.

You could make some chit-chat talk with people that are well known in Soldat, but not some serious interview.

It could be in form of 1v1 in soldat with this guy. You play, but also talk about how you start playing soldat, what you do(if he is dev) and how he start to work with programming and what was his previous projects.
that would be cool to see some of you, even moderators playing 1v1 and talking about soldat related stuff.

Or maybe none of devs/mods play anymore and just sometimes check lobby?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 02:22:02 am by Balrog »

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2014, 04:19:20 am »
What don't you understand when I say that I don't have time to create content? I can feature in on the page, but not really create it. I don't see a reason for giving someone else access to the fanpage as long as I'm around. I am responsive most of the time, so if someone comes to me with something that could be possibly featured on the page, I'll verify it and I'll post it. Just like homerofgods done it.

Once again, don't even dare to blame me that I don't do my job. I'm not supposed to create content myself. I lack the time and skills.
Everyone just tells me here what to do, but no one really does something oneself. Imagine how frustrated it makes me feel.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2014, 06:23:55 am »
I'd be willing to write questions for a dialogue interview.

Offline Balrog

• Major(1)
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2014, 06:26:06 am »
you want content but you dont have time for making it, I dont know you all, but I know what typical user would like to see.
I write one idea that would be really cool to see, DarkCrusade want the same but I think that interview when playing would be more fun to watch.

And who blame you? Because I dont see anyone here that blame you.

I just wrote few ideas that older users that are here for more than few months could easily do. If you know each others, just play 10min 1v1 and talk about Soldat related stuff...

Its not specific to you, but people that are here. Im new here but this what I would like to see as a user, thats it...

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2014, 02:16:44 pm »
Again me, I'm in need of some soldat art for new version announcement. Got anything? I've searched old forum art topics and comics (which btw don't work anymore) and nothing. Can anyone put something nice together?

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2014, 09:34:08 pm »
Here's an image of new pickup kits for the next version of Soldat I'm working on, if you want to post it:

Download is here.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2015, 04:12:57 pm »
So the videos given to me by evho are almost finished. Only 2-3 weeks left. Do you have any more vids? We have this video of the week on every Friday. If you have anything else to share we could maybe do #screenshotsaturday with screenshots from community. I can schedule as many posts as I want.

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2015, 02:07:10 am »
Sctfl sign up open so announce that instead :-)
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat