Author Topic: my mappack preview (hot, sexy) + is there a creating scenery tuturial?  (Read 1188 times)

Offline {depth}shaman

• Soldier
  • I'm Warning lvl 1! So i suggest you lay low
I'm pretty curious how people creat scenery (from scratch) for their maps. Is there a tuturial? I would love to know how to make those sexy sceneries that VirtualTT does. I've tried making few, but its pretty hard. Cutting up bitmaps from the internet works okay. I'm turning my attention towards an african setting, and i need tall trees with whitish trunks.

BTW, heres a preview for my latest project. Its only 3 maps right now, but after i add a few i will put up a server. Its sort of a new game mode, war of attrition. These maps are designed for a two team teamatch. Charlie and delt spawn in little cages out on side of the map. THey are experimental, ranging a variety of gametypes. congoswamp is more tw, but congocave is like a good looking classical map.

CongoBeach

im experimenting with 3d scenery

players can move across the above polygon
Alpha spawns on both sides of the map

Congoswamp

25 hiding spots or so, soldats can climb the trees.

Using several scenery files creates the effect of water behind and in front of the character,
in effect making it look slightly 3d.

Congocave

fuse the new look with tried and true gameplay

Also, be sure to check out my first completed map, cannabliss:
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=11832.0
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 11:05:47 pm by {depth}shaman »
Life's like a shit sandwich. The more bread you have, the less shit goes down with each bite.

Offline iDante

• Veteran
woo, i would like to know this too.
get rid of the blackness, make it a dark shade but not blakc btw

Offline Atomic Hype

• Major
The background color in the swamp makes me think of an aquarium :E

The use of scenery looks great though.
War is Peace; Freedom is Slavery; Ignorance is Strength