Author Topic: Infinite Knives  (Read 1779 times)

Offline Lodberg

• Major(1)
Infinite Knives
« on: March 19, 2007, 01:33:51 pm »
Hi all  :)
My friend and I was wondering if it would be possible to modify the game, so you had an infinite amount of knives on the server?

I tried to search on both google and here, but the closest i got was a hack tool, which isn't really what I'm looking for.

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
Re: Infinite Knives
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 01:38:53 pm »
Spasm and Mr. Domino were talking about the exact same thing. We speculate that it would probably work if you replaced grenades with knives, cuz then, that'll make it like, 5 knives or something. I think you can modify the server so that it can have 17 "grenade" I've been to a server with such amounts of grenades.

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 01:46:40 pm »
I think if you set fists to fire knives (not the knife/chainsaw fire thing, as in the knife which appears when you throw it) and set the damage to zero, whenever you punch, you should get a knife.
Haven't tested this, but try it and get back to me.
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline Snowman

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 02:20:09 pm »
The only way to I knw how to have infinite knives is a hack. Because ppl will kick u anyway hacking or not.

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Life™
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 04:19:46 pm »
Alright, here's what you do : enable knives for startup weapons (you have to do this). Then, you edit the weapons.ini so that the fist uses the knife bullet (not the chainsaw/knife, the knife). Decrease it's damage to zero (only the fist) and change it's spawn time depending on whatever the heck you want. The setting for damage only applies to the knife when it is originaly fired from the hand (I've tested ;) ) so when thrown again it'll do full damage. If you want to make sure people only get one knife from their fist, set the game time to some number (like 10 minutes), then the reload time to some ungodly high number (60 ticks to a second I think, so that'd be ... 36000 ticks). See, it's that simple ;)

The preferred outcome of war is peace. Ironic, huh ?
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aliquam auctor lectus pulvinar neque. Vestibulum commodo nisl convallis nisi. Aliquam in magna. Quisque orci. Duis sed nunc eu quam egestas feugiat. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Nulla auctor turpis non urna. Sed porttitor. Donec et dui non odio.

Offline Lodberg

• Major(1)
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 04:56:18 pm »
Hi again. Thanks for your help :)

You know if it would be possible to make it fire like a real knive when you punch, or is this the closest you will get?

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 05:46:54 pm »
You can do that already. Just set the bulletstyle to the code for a thrown knife (or whatever the regular Knife bulletstyle # is); then, whenever you punch, you'll drop a Knife out of nowhere, which you can pick up and use as a regular Knife.

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Life™
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 09:04:12 pm »
Yes Keron, I think that's already been pointed out (Point Out Count : 3) :). But thanks for responding.

Sorry Lodberg, you can't have your fist fire anything. Trust me, after hours of testing I wasn't able to fire anything any further than a normal punch will go. In addition to this, it explodes explosives as though you were firing it out of a chainsaw.

Which is really hilarious, as disabled bots send themselves straight to oblivion.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aliquam auctor lectus pulvinar neque. Vestibulum commodo nisl convallis nisi. Aliquam in magna. Quisque orci. Duis sed nunc eu quam egestas feugiat. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Nulla auctor turpis non urna. Sed porttitor. Donec et dui non odio.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 11:31:09 pm »
Oh, sorry; perhaps I ought to not skim so much, heheh.

Yeah, the Fist has the same behavior as the Chainsaw, only with an Knife-like animation. It always strikes at a set distance from the player, which can be adjusted by the Speed value

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 02:35:32 am »
So there's no way you can adjust the hit-range of the knife? No wonder why my modded knife-that-looks-like-a-ninja-sword is having range problems...

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Life™
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 09:16:26 am »
Never thought I'd say this, but to korrect Keron you can't adjust the distance things are thrown from using the speed like normal. For some reason the fist works slightly different; instead having a set distance that can't be changed.

I learned this the hard way in the aforemented DBZ mod, in which I attempted an unarmed Kamaya blast thingy. It didn't work out so well J:(

Offline Lodberg

• Major(1)
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2007, 04:41:53 pm »
Ok, i see that this really is the closest i can get. Thanks all for your help. Really appreciate it :)

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2007, 04:02:29 pm »
Here's something I discovered:

What you could do is replace the bullet style of the minigun to knives, then set the damage to 0, then set the fire interval to 0.

You now have a minigun that spawns 60 knives per second into the game.

Also.. with fire interval set to 0 if you start firing and then hold the reload key it will fire endlessly so long as you hold fire and reload without having to actually reload between magazines. ... It also propells you around quite fast  ;D

Then simply set the weapons to knife and minigun only on the server.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20