Author Topic: What's your style?  (Read 7187 times)

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
What's your style?
« on: March 21, 2007, 01:50:55 am »
I made this topic in elitectf.com and decided to post it here, since there are more members to respond.

The title means what it is supposed to mean. What's your fighting style while playing soldat, and in real life while playing soldat? Heh...

Soldat: Randomness to throw enemies off, controlling the flow so that a sizeable flow of enemies will go my way at precisly the right moments.

Real life: I don't swear a lot when I die in soldat, and I'm rarely surprised when a enemy jumps up, shoots at me, miss, and falls back down.

Offline Captain Ben

• Camper
  • "forum's-rebellious-cool-guy"
Re: What's your style?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 02:13:51 am »
i run forward and shoot people... pretty effective

Offline Jæson

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 03:48:29 am »
I backflip and frontflip everywhere and I often dive into the enemy. I always keep a sharp eye on my surroundings, and I always justify a good angle in which to approach an enemy. I look for opportune ricochet shots and easy money shots. That's basically it.
Miss your shots, miss your chance.

Offline Outcast

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • Semi-retired antagonist
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 04:06:12 am »
Moved to GD.
o/

Offline jazh0e

• Major(1)
  • U Can't touch this! Nanana!
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 04:19:52 am »
I rush, dodge then cap.

Offline NinjaGimp369

• Veteran
  • Wa-Poww!
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 07:43:14 am »
A LOT of dodging... e.g. flips, prone, crouching, the midair prone thing.. etc. I rush, but dont allow enemies past me. I always find the best way to approach an enemy and take a lot of care in timing and aim.

Real life: I don't tend to lose my temper as my mood really affects my gameplay, if i get angry, I never seem to gain any kills...

Just keep cool guys.. keep cool  8)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 09:12:50 am by NinjaGimp369 »
"You should've used the pythagoras theorum, b*tch."
[/url]

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 08:05:42 am »
I use m79 so alot of dodging and trying to get cover from the nasty spray.
@ii

Offline R0L4ND

• Major(1)
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 08:22:04 am »
I am what's popularly referred to as a camper when it comes to team-games.
All across the country shortages of marijuana are now being reported.

Offline SDFilm

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 08:52:47 am »
Primary + nades: Using the AK or FN Minimi, I either fire on them at mid distance or nade spam them before charging up close to give them spray-in-yo-face.

Secondary: Either using USSOCOM if I'm ever caught loading or sometimes to finish off an injured player.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 08:54:46 am by SDFilm »

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline KingOfPing

• Major
  • You have huge mental retardation!
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 08:57:25 am »
When i sense an enemy aproching, i jump and fly as high as ican and nade them. i usually guess in the right places and if i dont i just go and steyr in their face.
I AM cool stop making fun of me!!

Offline TBDM

• Flagrunner
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 08:58:31 am »
tights, bandshirts,hairy..

run,think,shoot,kill,repeat.

Offline Brock

• Flagrunner
  • [GG]StrykeR
    • Gunner Guards Clansite
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2007, 09:03:19 am »
Well...  Considering I use the AUG most of the time, I usually try to be agile, because the AUG doesn't have great hitting power, it often takes quite a few shots to bring someone down.

I jump, I flip, I dodge, and Superman.

I also have a nasty habit of persuing anyone who gets in my relentlessly, which isn't too smart sometimes...  Cause they might decide to retreat back to base. :-X

General Rule of Thumb: Play smart, not brave.

When I play soldat, I usually don't makee any noises or anything...
I only swear when I play BF2.
>_>
<_<
"What is the Matrix? Control. The Matrix is a
computer-generated dream world built to keep us
under control in order to - wait, what?"

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 02:32:05 pm »
I suppose my gameplay reflects me current state of mind. Someitmes I just feel rather like killing everything, so I storm forward with, say, the Minimi.
At other times I go wildly tactical, carefully calculating my every move.

In real life I tend to swear alot whenever my plans go wrong, or especially if my team doesn't do what they ought be doing :P
I have a flaw in that way :D
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline .Long-Range

• Camper
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 03:18:02 pm »
I used to never curse because of games. But now I've developed the habit of swearing like crazy when something really pisses me off.

The first thing I do is jet up (if I can) so I can score some headshots with my usual primary... the Steyr AUG.
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 03:21:44 pm »
I'm usually the distractor on offense. I run the high route, the one they expect me to take, or sometimes the low route, if they're not protecting it enough, and try to go right ahead and run the flag. Sometimes I get the flag, sometimes I distract the enemy long enough for a teammate to get the flag, sometimes it fails. Either way, it's fun. When a teammate gets the flag, I stay with them, going first into popular ambush sites and trying to get between them and what will kill them.
On defense, I move around somewhat, going to where ever the hot spots are, sometimes setting up a quick ambush. I move around a lot to prevent camping.

Also, I mainly play INF, so these strategies may not work out so well in CTF or other modes.
In DM, I pick what I think is the best weapon for the number of players and the map (hint: for me it's not any weapons which instantly kill), then start fragging.
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline Protoman

• Soldier
  • ~whistle~
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2007, 03:45:33 pm »
When I fight in Soldat, I tend to use mid-far range combat with the Minimi in an all out bullet based attack. Fire at the guy, hitting him with as few shots as possible so he dies. That way, you have enough ammo to kill the next few guys.

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2007, 03:57:25 pm »
Well I tend to use Low and mid routes when I carry Minimi or Ruger. Or if the lower route is tight I use mp5 or spas.
I play randomly with all other weapons and I always try to lob the m79 in the most open route,

In RL I curse only when I play warrock. The spawncamping in that game has overcome that in soldat. In soldat I'm actually really quiet, dunnow why...

Offline Crimson Goth

• Camper
  • A*|INF|Veteran
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2007, 04:05:44 pm »
I can't really explain my stlye, because I switch it up frequently depending on the pace of the game.

An average CTF/INF game is like this:

I'll start off agressive until I score a point. Then I'll become more calm and relax protecting my base and teammates allowing someone else to score.(I'm pretty damn good at defending[INF pro lol]) I guess you can say that I like giving other people chances to carry our team.

However if we're down by 2+ points, I always remain agressive until the next map begins.

Offline Commander Kitsune

• Soldier
  • Kits
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2007, 04:21:10 pm »
Chainsaw, chainsaw, chainsaw. Thats mostly how I play, and it's pretty effective too. :P. Other than that I normally rush in with an Mp5. I guess you could say all I do is rush like mad.

Offline Blues

• Camper
  • Hum?
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2007, 05:39:29 pm »
I play defensive-mindedly.
18:15