Author Topic: Interface maker  (Read 1279 times)

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
Interface maker
« on: April 29, 2007, 10:48:47 am »
one that can give you a preview of what it would look like on different resolutions?
this would help tons :D
sry for weird way to say this stuff... scrim time!

Offline Aniway

• Major(1)
  • If it Aniway, we can't kill it
Re: Interface maker
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 10:55:29 am »
Good idea !

Otherwise I don't mod my interface but this can be very great.
  LOL nice one Unlimited! :P

Offline Lord Ivahn

• Major(1)
  • aka [AoV] Ivan
Re: Interface maker
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007, 12:58:52 pm »
Indeed, a new intmaker would be nice, because only thing we get in current download is a note:
Important notice for interaface makers:

Some custom interfaces might not work properly in higher resolutions (Soldat 1.4). This is because Soldat uses a trick to place the interface elements properly. Previously bar and amount elements were placed in an absolute position, now they are relative to their icon.

The algorithm is as follows:

Health bar is placed relative to the health icon if health icon is used (size of health.bmp, greater than 1kb)
Jet bar is placed relative to jet icon if jet icon is used (size of jet.bmp greater than 1kb)...
etc.
Fire bar and grenades amount are placed relative to the Ammo icon (ammo.bmp)

If the icon is not present (size smaller than 1kb) then the bars are located relative to the icon with most priority.
Relative position priority: Health.bmp < Jet.bmp < Ammo.bmp

So for example:
If Jet.bmp and Ammo.bmp are blank, their size is smaller than 1kb. Health icon (Health.bmp) is used for calculating the relative position for all bars. So when making the interface align all elements using the health icon as the base.

ok then...that would be enough, if the interface maker had at least a way to check what is the position of selected part. Instead, only thing we get is positioning of cursor, and so no tre way to check the position without screwing up the current positioning (not all interfaces have square'ish borders etc)

or if i could at least read from setup.sif (like i can from poa.animation files), or know what's the coding inside, i would make my own maker, and stop this endless whine.

So, does anyone have any idea how to read/write setup.sif files for the custom interfaces? Provide me with this and i try to make intmaker, adapted to the resolution changing  which could do , as long as our dear MM makes(or not) a new , useful one.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 01:00:42 pm by Lord Ivahn »