Author Topic: DM/HTF - WarJungle v2.3  (Read 5952 times)

Offline RatBoy

• Soldier
  • Fowl Language
    • RatBoy Maps
DM/HTF - WarJungle v2.3
« on: May 26, 2007, 06:05:42 pm »
DM/HTF - WarJungle v2.3:

Map's Story:
This jungle was in fact, the first set for the action movie Predator, but it was replaced by a better and bigger one. The movie was a hit but the old set was nearly forgotten, until one day a janitor had the idea of renting it for Deathmatch, wich made him really rich and the set was usefull once more, now dreadfull battles take place there.

Comments:
I've been away for a really long time from Soldat mapping, but recently inspiration came back to me and I started working again in this stuff. I'm working on several maps, but first I wanted to upgrade the ones I've released before, updating the looks of them, correcting bugs, etc.

When I saw VirtualTT's vegetation pack I knew I had to use it to improve this level, and I think the results are really nice. You can see it looks a lot better than it's predecessor, it is my second map ever but has evolved a lot since the start.

Also I've added a HTF version to it and corrected the waypoints a little. Now I want to hear your comments, good or bad ^^.

Update v2.1: (06/07/2007)
With all your comments in mind I made this quick update, now there's underground lanes to kill those dead-ends, this will hopefully improve gameplay. And also, improved the visuals a little, now there's clouds in the sky to give the rain a meaning, removed those ugly huts, and now some trees are on the front and some on the back.

Update v2.2: (08/17/2007)
Yet another update for this map, brought along with my new mappack. This version adds a nifty jungly background on the base floor, and a couple of graphical fixes. It also has a better object balance, in order to have a better gameplay.

Update v2.3: (04/27/2009)
New version that features corrected polybugs (all I could find), reworked polygon texturing and scenery placement, also removed many wasted polygons. Expanded a little right tunneling, redetailed both tunnels and added animated torches and water below the bridge. Hope you all enjoy it ^^

Overview:

Screenshots:

Information:
Polygons: 685
Scenery: 480
Spawns: 124
Colliders: 122
Waypoints: 328
Connections: 327
Dimensions: 3584x2880

Aditional Credits:
Vegetation Scenery Pack by VirtualTT (virtualtt@gmail.com)
Light Scenery Pack by SERIAL KILLeR (www.skmods.tk)
Animated torches & water by zakath (zakath@hhcrew.net)

Download Links:
- The Mapping Showcase (ZIP)
- 4shared (RAR)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 05:58:47 am by RatBoy »

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
Re: DM/HTF - WarJungle v2.0
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 07:50:21 pm »
DUde, I luv this map, shading seems ok tho the green on the internal edges might be darker...
Scenery placement is ok too, I give you an 8.5/10
Text goes here...

Offline wedding

• Camper
  • [AdkZ] BuTcH3r
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 06:18:51 am »
Very sexy map i think! It gives that jungel-feeling! Shading and scenery looks great!
VERY good job!

GRTZ:

[AdkZ] -=BuTcH3r=-
Sex is like Hacking.You get in, you get out,then you hope that you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back to you.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 03:39:17 pm »
The scenery, colors, atmosphere, etc. are all excellent. But the layout is not promising—it seems like only the mid-to-bottom area would be heavily used, and the top would just stagnate. If the dead-ends could be turned into more tunnels or something, that would be awesome.

Offline RatBoy

• Soldier
  • Fowl Language
    • RatBoy Maps
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 06:05:08 pm »
Thanks you all for your comments, always nice to hear critics. I agree with you Keron Cyst, I'm thinking of updating soon and add underground tunnels for those dead-ends, it's a great comment. ^^

Offline strogluns

• Major
  • Creepy Bast*rd
    • Planet Faya
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 06:18:26 pm »
Very nice dude...
"add underground tunnels for those dead-ends"
Good idea.

"Follow the Great Strogluns. You wont be disapointed."(Book of the Cerebral Ever-circling Shadows, Gen. 3.15)

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 07:22:41 pm »
Nice stuff. I like the looks on this map.

I noticed the dead ends when looking at the overview and of course, they should be fixed. I think they would do something interesting to gameplay though, whether good or bad I don't know. Most people probably wouldn't like them though.

I like the feel of this map. It looks as though there wouldn't be too much spraying from above say you were on the bridge. I suppose I'll download this to find out.

Offline RatBoy

• Soldier
  • Fowl Language
    • RatBoy Maps
Re: DM/HTF - WarJungle v2.1
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 01:54:01 pm »
New update, v2.1. Details in the main post.

Offline fireblade212

• Camper
  • The gods chose right.
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007, 04:10:46 pm »
nice map, but.. it just.. doesnt seem you
Mapmaker-mapmaker plus                         

Working map-  thinking
My game forum(register)

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2007, 07:56:43 pm »
Nice larger screenshot. Thanks for that. I was kind of hoping for a little more than just small tunnels cut into the ground like that, too, but that works :P
You have an extremely nice sense of atmosphere (the vegetation and columns in the tunnels are excellently used), but I feel that the BG colors are just a tad too blue. Tinge it green, barely a bit, and that would be better from what I can tell. You also have trees positioned from shading and Layer in a 3D effect, so try arranging those crates in the top-right likewise; they seem weird stacked perfectly 2D like that. Maybe some ambient fog accompanying the water would be nice, too.

Those stakes dangling from the ceiling just look weird, man :/ But overall it's a great map. Revised my vote~

Offline wedding

• Camper
  • [AdkZ] BuTcH3r
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2007, 03:37:58 am »
Very nice update with this tunnels! I like it very much...Map looks very smooth and gameplay ROX too...Great JOb

GRTZ:

[AdkZ] -=BuTcH3r=-
Sex is like Hacking.You get in, you get out,then you hope that you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back to you.

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2007, 04:49:03 pm »
Yes, looks a lot better, I'll dl it when i have internet at home.
Text goes here...

Offline RatBoy

• Soldier
  • Fowl Language
    • RatBoy Maps
Re: DM/HTF - WarJungle v2.3
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 07:54:33 pm »
Second update in the same day, I'm throwing the house out the window!!

Details in main post as usual.

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2009, 03:24:30 am »
Map looks awesome. Your producing some very detailed and well structured maps recently which is working well. Hope some will be used because they look very fun! 8/10 - Cool stuff :)!
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2009, 06:01:41 am »
Well, I'd give the credit of graphics to zakath since it's his sceneries your updating your maps with.
Not as if I would be mad about it, but you should try to surprise us by doing some sceneries on your own.

Since layout haven't changed much I don't have anything else to say.