Author Topic: CTF - These Rocks v2.3  (Read 5740 times)

Offline RatBoy

• Soldier
  • Fowl Language
    • RatBoy Maps
CTF - These Rocks v2.3
« on: May 31, 2007, 03:14:35 pm »
CTF - These Rocks v2.3:

Map's Story:
This territory was a peacefull village of the Red Headed Men. All was neat until one day the village idiot-slash-sorcerer was toying with some spells, he activated the wrong one and a whole paralel village was created, named later the village of the Blue Headed Men.

The two villages coexisted peacefully, until both idiots/sorcerers created somehow the flags, wich obviously led to competition, and endlessly both villages try to steal each other's flag.

Comments:
You may think I have too much free time, well I do ^^. This is the last map I had in the list to update. I released this one a really long time ago, it is my very first map, made in the 1.0.5b version of Soldat, it now has evolved to what it is now.

Since the last version (Reminder!) I've considered the comments placed by the community and updated the looks of it mainly, remade the waypoints, but I think they're worse than before :P

I'm really happy with the outcome, and finally I can rest a bit having my four finished maps released. Now I can begin to work in some scraps I have stored in my disk, but that may take some time, for the moment, these four maps I've released recently are my best, hope you enjoy them! ^^

Update v2.1: (06/08/2007)
It's been some time. I made this little update before going on hiatus again, and got lazy so I didn't upload it. Now I have some free time so here it is, I've only opened some ground in the underground lanes so there's more action down there. Hope you like it.

Update v2.2: (08/17/2007)
My new mappack features this map in a new version, v2.2. This version updates mostly the object placement, making a better gameplay for the map. I've also fixed some minor graphical bugs I happen to find. Enjoy.

Update v2.3: (04/27/2009)
Another update for this one, my first map and the one I like the most. This udpdate has a lot of work in it, I spent many hours reworking all the polys to reduce the most polybugs I could find, added new tunnels on the upper and bottom parts, also enlarged all tunnels. In addition to that waypoints were remade, I think they work good, they do get stuck sometimes but they end up working somehow. In looks it's really updated also, remade the tunnels, adding new wooden pilars, zakath's animated torches that look really good in the map, reshaded many polys and added some tribaly skulls on bases and some trees to fill empty spaces. I think this version looks a lot better and it's close to not being updated anymore, I think this one doesn't need anything else =D So try it out, enjoy it, and feel free to comment ^^

Overview:

Screenshots:

Information:
Polygons: 1766
Scenery: 499
Spawns: 98
Colliders: 0
Waypoints: 500
Connections: 444
Dimensions: 3093x1485

Aditional Credits:
Light Scenery Pack by SERIAL KILLeR (www.skmods.tk)
Vegetation Scenery Pack by VirtualTT (virtualtt@gmail.com)
Animated torches by zakath (zakath@hhcrew.net)

Download Links:
- The Mapping Showcase (ZIP)
- 4shared (RAR)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 05:57:46 am by RatBoy »

Offline fireblade212

• Camper
  • The gods chose right.
Re: CTF - These Rocks v2.0
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 04:46:17 pm »
VERY good map, i love it
Mapmaker-mapmaker plus                         

Working map-  thinking
My game forum(register)

Offline jakobs

• Major
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 05:02:53 pm »
awwsome

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 06:10:34 pm »
I always look forward to maps from you :)

This is a really nice map, as usual. Maybe try deleting the big huge rock that divides the lower path in 2, will focus gameplay a bit more.

Offline fireblade212

• Camper
  • The gods chose right.
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 06:36:33 pm »
this map had rocks in its name, i really think you should consider adding rocks in the polys
Mapmaker-mapmaker plus                         

Working map-  thinking
My game forum(register)

Offline RatBoy

• Soldier
  • Fowl Language
    • RatBoy Maps
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 11:34:06 pm »
this map had rocks in its name, i really think you should consider adding rocks in the polys

I....don't really catch what you mean O_o.

Maybe try deleting the big huge rock that divides the lower path in 2, will focus gameplay a bit more.

It's an interesting point of view, I'll have that in mind for a future version. ^^

Aside from that, thanks everyone for the comments, you keep me wanting to map more, I'll be taking a break from Soldat mapping for a while, I still have some maps for other games I want to finish, and they take more time (All that 3D thing :P). But I do have about 5 more maps for soldat in mind, just have to get the time to actually make them :P.

Offline wedding

• Camper
  • [AdkZ] BuTcH3r
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 06:42:20 am »
DUDE!....Thats a really nice map!! The polygon-placement is complex and very awesome [it gives that stoney feeling very much!!] Also i like the colors and the scenery!! Its really great!!!

GRTZ:

[AdkZ] -=BuTcH3r=-
Sex is like Hacking.You get in, you get out,then you hope that you didn't leave something behind that can be traced back to you.

Offline fireblade212

• Camper
  • The gods chose right.
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 04:52:32 pm »
wat im trying to say, is get a huge picture of a rock, and put it in the polys
Mapmaker-mapmaker plus                         

Working map-  thinking
My game forum(register)

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 05:48:58 pm »
I like your caves. How they are "lit" are pretty genius. I see it as the normal colored lights would be neutral territory, red...red territory etc. Kinda signifies where you are... Whatever, it just looks nice.

Scenery usage is pretty nice. Gives a nice, non-jungle like feel. Sort of tribal like. Humm, nice job.

By the way, how did you get such a big overview of your map? I must be clueless of something unless you just have a tremendously big resolution.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 05:51:39 pm by Blacksheepboy »

Offline RatBoy

• Soldier
  • Fowl Language
    • RatBoy Maps
Re: CTF - These Rocks v2.1
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2007, 04:40:45 pm »
By the way, how did you get such a big overview of your map? I must be clueless of something unless you just have a tremendously big resolution.

I just take several screens of the map in 100% zoom in the editor, and put them together in photoshop. It's pretty simple.

wat im trying to say, is get a huge picture of a rock, and put it in the polys

Uhm, now I get it, but I don't really like that idea, thanks though. ^^

Date Posted: June 02, 2007, 06:25:05 PM
New update, v2.1. Details on the main post.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2007, 04:48:16 pm »
Wow this map is awesome! Well done!! :D

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2007, 05:39:13 pm »
Impressive map! The layout, scenery and light effects are awsome. GJ on this.

OBEY!!!

Offline Hello There

• Soldier
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2007, 01:30:11 am »
Thats a beautiful map, and only one impressed me more than that. Gj. And keep it up.

Offline Flacid Assassin

• Camper
  • Gorby The Grunt
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2007, 01:34:26 am »
gosh i think im going to add it to my server

would be awsome to see it in the game

Offline RatBoy

• Soldier
  • Fowl Language
    • RatBoy Maps
Re: CTF - These Rocks v2.3
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2009, 01:48:54 am »
Yet another update, I'm on fire =O

Details in the main post.

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
Re: CTF - These Rocks v2.3
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2009, 02:09:52 am »
Looks very nice! Especially the structure and theme contribute all well to the map. Well done!
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!