Author Topic: Soldat n00b makes new MAP. Sifn't NOT PWN.  (Read 1811 times)

Offline PHReaKeR

• Major(1)
Soldat n00b makes new MAP. Sifn't NOT PWN.
« on: June 10, 2007, 10:02:04 am »

Sorry if this stretches the page haha :P

I love the way Soldat plays but most the levels are FUGLY so i'm makin my own. ( These are just snippets and completely uncompiled... just sitting in photoshop still)

Once I work out the mapping program (Which I aint even seen yet :P ) I will compile it and make it available for download.

Hope people like it ;)

Link for LARGER version of pic if Forum Don't support long images :P : http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i757940_pwnrofl.jpg

Soldat PWN's.

Offline Major .:Noob:.

• Major
Re: Soldat n00b makes new MAP. Sifn't NOT PWN.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 10:22:50 am »
Unfortunately, from photoshop -> polyworks is going to take you lotsa hours. Good luck with it! :D

And wrong forum, btw.

Offline PHReaKeR

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 10:28:03 am »
Yeah I already realise. But I want something good that everyone can enjoy looking at aswell as playing... it's already got some awesome Conflict points and is a sweet DM map. Might even make a CTF Conversation once i'm done... and WRONG FORUM? woops :P

Regardless it's just general Chit chat ;)

Thanks mate :P

Actually? NOW i'm probably in the wrong forum but what u mean by poly works? (I'm a self confessed noob to anything game design apart from Unreal tournament Maps :P )

Offline Major .:Noob:.

• Major
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 10:38:36 am »
Polyworks is the program that most people use for making soldat maps. It has the most features, anyway. Do a search on these forums for it if you want it.

One thing I'd be worried about is that if the maps are really complicated and 'pretty' (as some of the trenchwar maps are) a lot of people are going to lag up on them. It's just been my personal experience.

Offline PHReaKeR

• Major(1)
Gay Tractor haha
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2007, 11:20:37 am »
Alright thanks for the Tip. Regardless I'm still going to make it sweet looking and if it runs like crap ill just use it as a background for my desktop... Was primarily making it as a 1v1 Map for me and my best mate to shoot the crap out of each other in but I thought I'd share it...

Regardless, I'm not a huge fan of a Massively full server... I like 1v1 or 2v2 kinda stuff :P more TACTICAL rather than just aim n click n run hehe

;D

Date Posted: June 10, 2007, 11:42:23 AM

This is the half finished n00bmobile Tractor hahah

It's not finished yet its gonna be near the construction site... looks like a nice new pair of gay gumboots ahaha ;D Just stick you're feet in and drive away through the puddles :P
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 11:22:24 am by PHReaKeR »

Offline Lunerfox

• Major
  • Lol in the Box.
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2007, 12:18:15 pm »
I like your scenery style PHReaKeR, it fits in well with the area around it.

It's nice to see some fresh ideas in the mapping community, good to have you on board.
-[ILOA]-
---
Project Survival: An independent game development project.
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=23390.0

Offline PHReaKeR

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2007, 01:31:20 pm »
Thanks mate ;) It's not even out of photoshop yet though... Gonna be fluffing around on the graphics of this one for the next few days I think... not worth rushing :)

If anyone wants to chat on MSN feel free to add me and give feedback scott_bailey1985@msn.com <--- Thats me :P

Date Posted: June 10, 2007, 01:20:18 PM
If I keep up making everything so detailed i'll never finish this damn thing... oh well... :P This crap takes away sleep

Date Posted: June 10, 2007, 01:29:17 PM
This is why I have a bull Dozer :P to sit near this thing

http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i758528_scaffoldedbuilding.jpg

Might enhance the contrast on it...

Date Posted: June 10, 2007, 01:33:52 PM
No idea why the images are taking soooo long to load :S I've either reached my cap or this image hosting thing is pwned. :P

Date Posted: June 10, 2007, 01:35:08 PM
Everyone if you start doing stuff like this... GO TO BED LOL.. night im crashing :P

err morning rather

Offline Temp3st

• Camper
  • Ever wonder what R2-D2 is doing now?
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2007, 01:36:10 pm »
Lol, he is right, Soldat Polyworks is going to be hard to work with when making such maps, loving the rover

Offline PHReaKeR

• Major(1)
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2007, 01:53:42 pm »
Thanks Matey ;)

Rover loves you too!

You under-estimate my patience... I can sit here until I bleed fake cheap looking over sharpened blood out my face :P

I WILL FINISH THIS MAP, NO BOUBT ADOUT IT... Just not now im going to bed GO TO BED PHREAK :P

OK fine :P

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2007, 02:28:18 pm »
I love the graphics. I think it won't be much of a problem dealing with photoshop since you want to make scenery only maps, right? So no polygons wold be visible, just your graphics... right?

anyway added to my msn list. You are worthy of talking to me mate :P

Offline PHReaKeR

• Major(1)
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2007, 12:17:54 am »
Of course I am.

Date Posted: June 10, 2007, 10:00:51 PM
Alright... Just an update: Freight yard in the making...

I hollowed out the crate to walk and shoot thru it... hope it looks good.. i think it does..

More to come.. too many ideas :P

Gotta make a damn crane too lol

Date Posted: June 10, 2007, 11:38:44 PM
I've pretty much got 10000000 ideas for this map... but does anyone have an ideas? or comments on what they might find fun to have in this map... (No stupid crap please :P - This map is a Semi-Serious attempt at making something decent :P )

Ideas Already (Crane, Ship, Bay, Fences, Junk Pile, Dirt Pile near Tractor, lamps, Sewer pipe to Bay, Rock Formation's in Bay) that's all I can think of at the moment cuz im brain dead cutting card on the floor...  Maybe some idea's of what to put in the sky? (No frozen planes please :P) I was thinking maybe Uber solid Clouds LOL (Might ruin the map... could be interesting lol)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 12:22:11 am by PHReaKeR »

Offline NooMoahk

• Major(1)
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2007, 12:46:22 am »
I think you should make a small hole or trench that you could shoot out of while standing but be safe while sitting or laying :P

Offline PHReaKeR

• Major(1)
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2007, 01:18:12 am »
I think you should make a small hole or trench that you could shoot out of while standing but be safe while sitting or laying :P

Alright, i'll put one near the construction site... Break a bit of the cement open with mutiple depths, good comment.

Cheers big ears ;)

DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT - Friggin Image keeps resising in this Damn Forum. Sif make my image 200 pixels smaller... things look cheaped :P Click the link instead stupid forum crap gay. :P

Link here: http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i765246_barlslight.jpg

I've hollowed out some more crates with a light effect on them on the sides if you can see.. Trench wont be too far away from this area... so many ideas.. I go to bed and think about everything.. included ideas for this map. Only reason I go to bed is so im not tired in the morning.. otherwise i'd stay up constantly :P Sleep = boring.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 01:25:13 am by PHReaKeR »