Author Topic: Revamp of current weapon system  (Read 9815 times)

Offline peemonkey

• Soldier
Revamp of current weapon system
« on: June 15, 2007, 08:34:00 pm »
Spas can only fire #3's. Only Barrett can zoom. You must crouch to use law.

I think it's getting to be time for a complete revamp of how weapons can be modded. Right now, it's still very limited to what you can do. It's basically 2-bullets, automatic, semiautomatic or spas reloading. This almost always limits the Desert Eagles slot to be handguns, The SPAS-12 slot to be a shotgun, the Barrett slot to being an overpowered sniper rifle, etc.

I'd like to see all the weapons still keeping thier current attributes, but have the ability to be a different kind. Things that ought be tweakable:
Automatic
Semi-Auto
Round-per-round reload
reload X rounds every time reload is pressed
can scope
must crouch
can throw for X damage Y distance
x amount of bullets at a time
X amount of time between spas-style round reloads (currently doesn't seem able to tweak, though I could be wrong)

I'm not really requesting anything new, just something that'd be a damned good thing to have for modding.

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
Re: Revamp of current weapon system
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 08:44:40 pm »
Don't forget about the fact that if you set any weapon that doesn't use a bullet to 1, the bullets are (Magically!) Invisible.

Very good idea, I was considering how to suggest this.
Complete and total full support.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 08:50:03 pm »
I feel like I'm gonna get ripped apart. One one hand, those options are going to present wonderous new ways to mod. On the other hand, modding will become a "point and shoot" affair instead of an "art," like back in the dark age of 1.2.X when you had to execute a mod creatively because you could not modify any statistics.

Still, I'll say F12.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 08:53:46 pm »
hmmm...
Better for mods.
F12

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 08:57:47 pm »
always would like this. Would make modding so much easier and the game more fun.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 09:10:09 pm »
X amount of time between spas-style round reloads (currently doesn't seem able to tweak, though I could be wrong)
This is true. Changing the reload-time of the SPAS does nothing.

There is a whole host of these kinds of ideas for greater modding versatility, more than twice as large as this. I support it all, ha.

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 09:25:07 pm »
This would be nifty.
Seeing that some weapons could use this already to make them better and unnerfed.

Offline peemonkey

• Soldier
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 09:36:28 pm »
This is true. Changing the reload-time of the SPAS does nothing.

There is a whole host of these kinds of ideas for greater modding versatility, more than twice as large as this. I support it all, ha.
I know, but I was just thinking about this when trying to tweak my mod I'm makin, and thought it was a rather overlooked, out-in-the-open thing that could be focused on in an upcomming version.

Offline Chariot

• Flagrunner
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2007, 12:02:53 am »

I think it's getting to be time for a complete revamp of how weapons can be modded. Right now, it's still very limited to what you can do. It's basically 2-bullets, automatic, semiautomatic or spas reloading. This almost always limits the Desert Eagles slot to be handguns, The SPAS-12 slot to be a shotgun, the Barrett slot to being an overpowered sniper rifle, etc.

I'd like to see all the weapons still keeping thier current attributes, but have the ability to be a different kind. Things that ought be tweakable:
Automatic
Semi-Auto
Round-per-round reload
can scope
must crouch

I'm not really requesting anything new, just something that'd be a damned good thing to have for modding.

You don't know how scary this is. I was thinking of the EXACT same thing yesterday. I fully support.
Vidi Vici Veni
I saw, I conquered, I came

Offline ChromedGun

• Camper
  • Angel of Death
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2007, 06:26:54 am »
I support this too, I really hope that MM implements this, mods wouldn't be so alike.

F12.

@Kryp -- go buy some skills. use /command to bring up the commands.

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2007, 06:31:33 am »
F12, F12, F12

Offline Daimarus

• Soldier
  • Believe me, I can kill you with my Spas...
    • SC forums
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2007, 06:35:25 am »
  Akhem.

There's a stickied topic in this section titled The Official Suggestions Sticky - Read before posting!.
I don't think you read it thoroughly enough.

The Don't-Suggest List

[...]

An account system, a Counter-Strike style money system, soldier classes, alternate weapon functions, death from existing wounds (None of these will ever be implemented because any would forever ruin the arcadey, nostalgic simplicity of Soldat which makes it so popular, aside from the massive coding time)

[...]

I don't think that your idea will work.
My SPAS-12 doesn't like most of people. He can mistakenly shoot your brain out of your head and splash it on the nearest wall.

Offline Temp3st

• Camper
  • Ever wonder what R2-D2 is doing now?
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2007, 06:36:11 am »
F12!!!

Automatic
Semi-Auto
Round-per-round reload
can scope
must crouch

You don't know how scary this is. I was thinking of the EXACT same thing yesterday. I fully support.

I also thought exactly the same thing,
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 06:42:31 am by Temp3st »

Offline ChromedGun

• Camper
  • Angel of Death
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2007, 06:38:34 am »
I don't think that your idea will work.

This is for modding purposes, as far as I have understood.

@Kryp -- go buy some skills. use /command to bring up the commands.

Offline Temp3st

• Camper
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2007, 06:41:39 am »
AHHHH WAIT!!

Alternate weapon functions refers to 2 wepon funcs per weapon, example: Minimi with burst fire and full auto = 2 functions. or M79 that fires clusters and normal nades also 2 funcs. This is NOT what Peemonkey is saying, hes just saying more OPTIONS for weapons.

I think thats what Toumaz meant.

Also Peemonkey is a Soldat Beta tester, do you really think he wouldn't know these things... ;D
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 06:45:16 am by Temp3st »

Offline Daimarus

• Soldier
  • Believe me, I can kill you with my Spas...
    • SC forums
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2007, 06:56:18 am »
Ok, even it suit the rules, the scope it the problem, because it would turn guns into automatic sniper rifles...

btw: there is a beta-tester that has about 30 posts and is (sorry) stupid by me  -_-'

My SPAS-12 doesn't like most of people. He can mistakenly shoot your brain out of your head and splash it on the nearest wall.

Offline Temp3st

• Camper
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2007, 07:23:44 am »
Somebody told me that this wasn't the only soldatforums, this is the new one and i think post counts got reset...

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2007, 08:15:19 am »
Ok, even it suit the rules, the scope it the problem, because it would turn guns into automatic sniper rifles...

btw: there is a beta-tester that has about 30 posts and is (sorry) stupid by me  -_-'

Well that would depend on the mod. Do you have any problem with automatic sniper rifles, huuh???

I was always for this kind of thing, I nly have a few suggestions.
I want more bullet graphic options. I don't want to have just one type of missile or m79 grenade. Wouldn't it be better if we set , lets say the mp5 shoot the m79 grenade, the graphic would be read from the mp5-bullet.png and not fromm the original m79 grenade...

Would also be fun if we could set the bullets to leave smoke like the LAW missile, and set the bullets so they can explode and such. Just try Cortex Command and you'll see what I'm talking about...

Offline Taz

• Major(1)
  • Flattery'll get ya nowhere...
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2007, 10:31:54 am »

Since when does the number of posts someone has determine their intelligence?

I'm all for this idea, I think it would be awesome to be able to tweak certain aspects of weapons without entirely changing them.

Offline peemonkey

• Soldier
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2007, 11:04:06 am »
I dunno if I already mentioned this, But I'd like to also see the scope fixed, as it stands now, it allows you to zoom in only after a set amount of time since the last shot, to coincide with the Barret's rate of fire. How about one that is delayed by whatever ROF you mod it to?