Author Topic: Limited ammo mode  (Read 11115 times)

Offline Maek|

• Soldier
Limited ammo mode
« on: June 19, 2007, 07:25:08 am »
I got idea that there should be limited ammo mode like realistic or survival.  It would be like, that for example you have 2 extra magazines with ak74, fn minimi, mp5 and steyr aug, with deagles 5 extra magazines, ruger 7, m79 8, barret 3, spas 35 shelss, minigun 1, socom 4, law 3 and chainsaw unlimited. And if limited ammo mode would be on there should be some kind of ammo crates. This would be fun when playin trenchwars!

Good idea?
Soldat since 1.0.5

Offline imacheater2k7

• Soldier
  • Your friendly neighborhood semi-goth.
    • New VGN
Re: Limited ammo mode
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 07:32:57 am »
Try out Tactical Soldat in the Full Mods section for this.

Offline Maek|

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 07:44:20 am »
Oh there is alrealy mod for it.. :P But I think this mode would be nice to be in Soldat without need to change whole game.
Soldat since 1.0.5

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 07:48:09 am »
F12 F12 F12!
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 07:51:33 am »
Somebody could easily just script this.

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 08:13:42 am »
It's a nice idea..

But I think the law should have no additional shots like in real life.. because it's actually a single-shot, disposable anti-tank weapon.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline Taehl

• Camper
  • When a fool hears about Tao, he just laughs.
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 11:44:03 am »
Full support, but with one addition:

In weapons.ini, you can specify how many extra clips you have.
"The balance is perfect. The flow is perfect. The speed is perfect. This... Is the absolute best mod on the site."  - mxyzptlk
"THIS IS PROBABLY... scratch that ...this IS the best mod I have seen before. Dang man, nice job!"  - Dorkey Dear
"Whoa! This is the best mod ever!!!"  - imacheater2k7      "Looks like a beaut. On a rating, 6/5"  - Radical Terrorist
New and improved: LandWarrior 3.0

Offline Super Vegeta

• Major
    • SV Games - The home of all my creations.
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 11:53:07 am »
Like Taehl said. But then, what about the ammo crates? They refill both weapon slots additional clips to max? And yeah, the reservoir clips quantity should also be shown.

Offline Chariot

• Flagrunner
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2007, 11:58:56 am »

Except that mod only gives you one clip.
Vidi Vici Veni
I saw, I conquered, I came

Offline Taehl

• Camper
  • When a fool hears about Tao, he just laughs.
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2007, 12:16:51 pm »
Yea, crates would fill both slots to max. Or, perhaps, only fill the ammo of the weapon you have selected to max.
"The balance is perfect. The flow is perfect. The speed is perfect. This... Is the absolute best mod on the site."  - mxyzptlk
"THIS IS PROBABLY... scratch that ...this IS the best mod I have seen before. Dang man, nice job!"  - Dorkey Dear
"Whoa! This is the best mod ever!!!"  - imacheater2k7      "Looks like a beaut. On a rating, 6/5"  - Radical Terrorist
New and improved: LandWarrior 3.0

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2007, 12:27:01 pm »
Somebody could easily just script this.
Sounds like a good idea for your TW server enEsEc...

Offline imacheater2k7

• Soldier
  • Your friendly neighborhood semi-goth.
    • New VGN
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2007, 02:03:08 pm »

Except that mod only gives you one clip.

True, but this is currently the only mod with this feature. And, since certain weapons such as the M79 type one are reloadable a couple of times, I suppose it's possible to add clip amounts within the mod.

EDIT:Oh yeah, and the ammo crates shouldn't be implemented. That would destroy the level of strategy that you need in order to use OTHER weapons after you're out of ammo. If someone finds a way to make multiple clips in the MOD or makes a mod of their own as such, then F12, but I don't think it should be in an actual Soldat update, unless MM feels like adding "Clip Mode" or something.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 02:05:54 pm by imacheater2k7 »

Offline Super Vegeta

• Major
    • SV Games - The home of all my creations.
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2007, 05:00:16 pm »
"That would destroy the level of strategy that you need in order to use OTHER weapons after you're out of ammo."
Well, true, but now imagine everyone runnin' with their Dragon Fists cause they're all outta ammo. ^__^

Nah, seriously, I agree. Maybe ammopacks could be as a bonus or somethin', not ordinary like grenades or medikit.

Now, this would be hella interesting, especially with team weapons. "God-dammit, this alien rifle sux! How can those friggin' alphas use it?" =)

Or yeah, imagine having this feature with team weapons, but... you can't use the weapons of the another team. Omg. :P   Here the ammo crates could be implemented, like "I'm outta ammo, gotta refill", but it still would have sense only on long maps like TW, where it isn't like 15 seconds from one base to another.

So, limited clips - yes. Ammo crates - only as a bonus. And with team weapons - this would make the game very iteresting.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 05:02:28 pm by Super Vegeta »

Offline Shivorken

• Soldier
  • Full Blood Azn
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2007, 01:12:34 am »
My mod only has one clip, but it makes up for it with the realism (2-3 shots kills a soldat) and weapons like the the M79, I have modded it to become an RG-6 which holds more than 1 grenade in the barrel. The Ruger and Barret has 2 clips. Secondary has unlimited ammo. And i take advantage of the fact that you can now pick up weapons with out the need to reload. All in all, one clip for my mod is more than enough for most weapons. Nearly dry? kill someone and take their gun. There will be plenty everywhere.

As for ammo crates, bad idea. I would presume this would take too much effort to implement and in the end not very practical since soldat is a fast paced shooter. It would be wiser to just have limited no. of clips with polygons on the map which restock you with clips. I'm pretty sure that would take a while to script as well XD.

[Edit]: My idea is just as impractical as the ammo crates <.<

'Clip mode' would be hectic.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 01:18:25 am by Shivorken »
[/url]

Offline adadqgg

• Soldier
  • Yuri for the win ~desu
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2007, 06:17:34 pm »
F12, just make grenade box give u clip and re-design it(texture).

Shikabane Hime... Undead girls... Dual-wielding Mac 11s... Epic bayonets... WIN!

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2007, 08:01:26 pm »
Clip mode would give people more of a chance to play Soldat tactically, like how TW was originally supposed to be played [nowadays it's been degraded to the rush-me snipe-me OMGFFSBBQ-HAX! routine].

I say make it a weapons.ini control, and to not have ammo crates. People who hate snipers will hate ammo crates because snipers will be able to fall back [actually increasing their survivability] to re-arm, and snipers who hate rushers will be able to occasionally see one running out of ammo at key times.
Making people scavenge weapons would be great.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Gotfryd

• Camper
  • realistic rules!
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2007, 11:58:07 am »
I like this idea. Can you make a poll to see how many people support it?
I think that it should be another mode, just like realistic and advance. In both weapons.ini and weapons_realistic.ini should be a line: magazines=, and it'll be used when "ammo mode" is on (so if "ammo mode" would be off, all weapons will simply have unlimited magazines).

And I think that there shouldn't be ammo crates, because players should focus on picking enemies' weapons (which should contain amount of ammo that enemy left).

And maybe with this mode anti-spray could be turned off - you can spray effectively, but you'll run out of ammo quickly. Like in real life.

Oh, there will be one problem except for coding: bots. MM would have to teach them how to use weapons in this mode :)

Offline ChromedGun

• Camper
  • Angel of Death
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2007, 12:26:11 pm »
Grenade kits could simply become supply kits, that gives both clips and grenades. There should however be some kind of max number of clips too.

I like this idea, F12.

@Kryp -- go buy some skills. use /command to bring up the commands.

Offline Mastadi

• Camper
  • What makes me a good demoman!?
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2007, 04:33:31 pm »
And what about a "stationary" ammo boxes? Have you ever played BF 1942? There you've got limited amount of ammo, and if you shooted them all, you need to find one of these ammo suplys and stand near them and refill your ammo. I think it could work like healing polys, or could be done with scripting.

Offline fishfood

• Major
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2007, 04:47:16 pm »
The nade boxes should be retextured as general ammo boxes when limited ammo mode is enabled.  Just have them refill both clips and nades. 

F12.