Author Topic: soldat in 16:10 (and maybe even 16:9?)  (Read 2109 times)

Offline law|daddy

• Major(1)
soldat in 16:10 (and maybe even 16:9?)
« on: August 01, 2007, 10:26:10 am »
hey

how do i get through to the developers? - I think its about time to make soldat 16:10 (maybe even 16:9) compliant... widescreen monitors are getting very common - I plan to buy one myself with 6 months... I hope we see soldat supporting various 16:10 resolutions soon :D

Offline DePhille

• Flagrunner
  • SoldatPage Webmaster
    • SoldatPage
Re: soldat in 16:10 (and maybe even 16:9?)
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 10:33:32 am »
That would be unfair. Those with a widescreen would see more than those without.
It should be stretched or windowed, to keep the balance.

Grtz, DePhille
This signature was broken. Feel free to fix it.

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 11:36:08 am »
hey

how do i get through to the developers? - I think its about time to make soldat 16:10 (maybe even 16:9) compliant... widescreen monitors are getting very common - I plan to buy one myself with 6 months... I hope we see soldat supporting various 16:10 resolutions soon :D
Yeah, its weird playing on my widescreen... screen without widescreen.

6th_account

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 11:40:25 am »
It was suggested for 1.4 to have black bars on the sides in all non-4:3 ratios. Though MM was a bit too lazy to fix! =)

Offline law|daddy

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 11:47:52 am »
"That would be unfair. Those with a widescreen would see more than those without.
It should be stretched or windowed, to keep the balance.

Grtz, DePhille"

if u stretch then u would get a very odd fell to the game since moving ur mouse around in a perfect circle wouldn result in moving the crosshair around in an oval circle on the screen - a no good solution... the mentioned blackbar solution is way better....

i hadnt thought about the unfairness in having a larger viewable area - that is ofc unfair... mayby soldat could be divided into 2 versions? - a widescreen and a 4:3? I esitmate that in 2-4 years more than 50% of all used monitors will certainly be widescreen - if those numbers havnt already been meet :/

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 06:36:37 pm »
I used to have 2 widescreen laptops, and I ended up playing in windowed mode because it was to awkward to play fullscreen.
Though, I don't play online anymore...But yea, support for widescreen users is needed.
Just another soul to burn.

Offline DePhille

• Flagrunner
  • SoldatPage Webmaster
    • SoldatPage
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007, 01:30:47 pm »
I might be mistaken, but aren't there other solutions to this?
Like playing in windowed mode and change the resolution of your screen (not inside Soldat).
Or download an application that makes your screen 4:3 and automatically adds black bars to the side? I saw a friend doing this a while ago.
Too bad I don't have a widescreen so I can't really talk from experience or anything.

Grtz, DePhille
This signature was broken. Feel free to fix it.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 06:29:58 pm »
I think they should make wide screen compliant with non-widescreen (but full-screen) application like soldat.  Then we can talk about making soldat wide screen...
Can't think of anything original to put here...