Author Topic: Soldat Movie Project  (Read 2598 times)

Offline decoy.

• Soldier
  • All in the mind.
    • Paradigis
Soldat Movie Project
« on: May 13, 2008, 04:50:18 pm »
For Starters: I did not know where to post this so I figured here was the best place. I have been wanting to make a scripted soldat movie for some time now. This means that things from dialog to some choreography is going to have to be coordinated. However, I'll need a number of aids (cast members, server hosts, custom maps, etc) that I have yet to provide myself. But this thread is not to finalize anything. I haven't even come up with a title for it. This topic is to construct a list for mainly who and what's needed as well as the plot and script layout. I come up with an idea or two here and there when I'm away from my laptop but I don't always recall them. So hopefully ideas of this become more organized as time goes by.

I am also contemplating the use of mods but to be honest, in my years, I have never used one for soldat. I would prefer that the original weapons be used but a difference in costume would not hurt for a couple of different scenes. So here's to progress. I guess I'll dedicate the first couple of posts to the development of the plot and list of necessities.

Date Posted: May 13, 2008, 05:30:59 pm
Question(s):

How does one cause slow motion moments exactly?
Of course I can figure that they are caused in moments when head shots are made. But if you think about it, a lot of headshots are made and such moments don't always come about. I ask because there is a scene involving negotiations at gunpoint that emerges during this very moment and a kill does happen to bring it into effect.

(more questions to follow)

Date Posted: May 13, 2008, 05:44:55 pm
Plot list goes here.

The general requirements for this movie are skilled players, but I can only have so many. And not all need to be elite but just skilled enough to coordinate well with other players. Of course most will be involved in the actual filming but some will be off camera, helping to prop a couple of weapons that are meant to be found. Several spectators I will require as well. As I said, here's to development. I guess this is my last post towards it.
[FF|LL|HE[Cide/Decoy/Not Batman!:
[[ 300.91m | sniping distance
[[ 85:0 | kill:death ratio
[[ us.socom | favorite weapon

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
Re: Soldat Movie Project
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 06:16:10 pm »
An admin will move it here for you...
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?board=14.0

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 08:29:23 pm »
And... Slow-Mo usually happens when all the players (alive?) are in the same general area (i.e Middle of the map) and a kill happens. This doesn't happen for headshots though AFAIK.

Good luck with your movie, let me know if you need help (I'm pretty good with Sony Vegas).
Just another soul to burn.

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 10:25:34 am »
Slow motion happens as Bone Collector described, and only if Bullet Time is enabled by the server.

Otherwise you can do it with effects in the movie ( it's easy to add the black borders and slow the footage down ).

Offline decoy.

• Soldier
  • All in the mind.
    • Paradigis
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 08:46:37 am »
Great. Thanks for your assistance. I should really get around to setting up at least things for scene one. The sight scene will be somewhat choreographed. I believe that I really need to sit down and start writing. Otherwise all I have are just bits and pieces.

Date Posted: May 28, 2008, 12:40:58 pm
Now a second question I have is this. Although I suspect that it is one full minute until they disappear, how long does a discarded weapon last on the field?

Offline Psycho

• Flagrunner
  • Decomposing
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 06:15:37 am »
There has been many attempted movie project where alot of forum members were involved. As far as I know, none of them happened.

Looking down from ethereal skies

Offline decoy.

• Soldier
  • All in the mind.
    • Paradigis
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 09:54:41 am »
There has been many attempted movie project where alot of forum members were involved. As far as I know, none of them happened.
Maybe there was not a cast or director willing to direct it. I guess better cooperation may come from a clan rather than a randomly assigned cast of people.

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 11:13:55 am »
- In the current verson, (1.4.2) it seems like 20 sec before weapon disappears.
- Flags and weapons start blinking 5 seconds before disappearing.
- you can't change it. You cant, atleast not until soldat becomes open source, its in the game engine.

keep up the work