7 (12.3%)
It's likely not to work.
4 (7%)
There's little hope for it.
6 (10.5%)
What?
7 (12.3%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author Topic: Happy Ending: Soldat Movie  (Read 21177 times)

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
Re: Happy Ending: Soldat Movie
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2008, 10:41:18 am »
I have played over 5 years of soldat, so feel free to contact me if you want an opinion or anything. I love the idea and it's good that you are using /takeoff /smoke and so on.  I might know some funny stuff you don't know about.. So I guess what I'm saying is: Good! do it, finish it.. and if I can help with anything send me a message.

It can be difficult to make good maps,, so maybe you wanna get a mapper if you are not experienced.. I'm sure someone somewhere would help making something.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 10:43:57 am by homerofgods »

Offline decoy.

• Soldier
  • All in the mind.
    • Paradigis
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2008, 05:32:57 am »
Now to elaborate a little more on the organizations.

[medikit] Heaven's Cross

A famed hospital first and an organization of medics second. Specializing in the recovery of an individuals health and well being, Cross has invested in numerous markets in order for its organization to prosper and purpose to bare fruit. That purpose was to initiate and influence peace among militant forces and civilians alike. However, with a mysterious new leadership taking charge, the dream is twisted into a horrible realization in questioning the measures that man will take to make things better by definition. The colors have not changed though. White uniforms are the standard. So now it has come to this being the nature of Heaven's Cross;

An organization of medics first and a hospital second.

[Predator] Shadow Ops

"Like a secret police of the people to keep the peace,/
they act as shadows do from the field to the streets./"

The lyrics and lyricist terminated immediately after release. Media publication appears to be the best method of exploitation so no broadcast is made on their behalf. Their funding derives from multiple sources, leaving no one source to determine the mode of their operation. Their ties lie with no icons known. But if seen on duty of a serious matter to be stamped out for good, they are covered in black. Those that act against the will of the shadow ops are silenced in dignity, or at least what they define as the term. As of this story, they are currently involved in a secret war with Heaven's Cross so dire, that leaving a body or two could expose something that neither of them wish to make public.

[vest] The Chess

An efficient authority figure taking the roll of police, this organization is known for their tactical prowess in faltering numerous illegal operations attempting to leach from the economy and its people while committing to other misdeeds. Yet its means of management is for a cause of debate. The Chess is ran by four individuals appointed every four years, consisting two women and two men. One pair for each status and one pair for each color. King and Queen. White and Black. Two separate forces acting upon the divide and conquer method. Black is to defense as white is to offense. And as one would trickle down the chain of command, the reason for debate is the exhaustible pawn, which they are thought of. If they are seen to be of any more value, then they will be promoted accordingly. Yet not every pawn holds true to the values of The Chess, which still remains unknown outside of the organization.

[nades] King

A group who has yet to tie up loose ends, this organization was made in response to the defecation of The Chess's image with the belief that they will certainly lead the people it polices to ruin. Yet unlike the chess, King is a much more unorganized a group, leaving much from its infantile mannerisms to be desired. However, being fresh on the scene to the actions of others does not mean they are without value. Always looking to approach from a different angle, King is governed by the people involved.

"A solid system with a noble cause, to eliminate this country's means of corruption."

Being one of many advertisements, this broadcasts that the group is full of idealist. And other organizations wasted no time propagating the idea. Yet King still manages to retain its nobility through public deeds. At the moment, The Chess welcomes King in the movement against crime and warrants their behavior. Yet a price is always in discussion before their actions can receive justification. The price is mainly for the soul of King, to have it act as a secondary branch of operations for The Chess itself.

[clusters] The Major Clan

This is not really a clan but a laboratory experiment gone wrong, or in another case, right. In the attempt of human cloning for organ transplants by Heaven's Cross's best, for those who's organs began to fail them, one Major, a recent war veteran, has reportedly escaped from the lab where he was being contained. And sense then, Major's means of replication appear to be spontaneous. Yet it is not determined that this individual is indeed a threat or not. The Chess is investigating this matter as well as another. But so far no leads were gained as to who was responsible. And there has been little fortune in sightings of the original Major. There's also word that the veteran exhibited unusual qualities after returning from the war in regards to this mutageneric ability. Yet his identity has not yet been disclosed upon the claim that his records were stolen.

In general, Major is reported missing and the clones hide among the people. Their appearance has also become static and identical by the more than appear.

[flamekit] Ill Luminous Graze

To put it simply, this group was created by, before it branched off from, the Shadow Ops, to show no visible connections between the two. As a more active investigation team, they cannot be distinguished by sight, speech or actions alone. While they are illusive as individuals, they are scarcely known.

[berzerk] The Great Gunman

As a faculty of firearm fanatics, people here were praised for their marksmanship. This hall of famed was constructed by war veterans from Danko and Blain to even the man nicknamed The Boogie Man as a reminder to the noble cause they contributed to a war that happened long ago, not long forgotten. However, word still buzzes that they were more than responsible for sparking the war. As rumor allows truth to deviate from matters, the actual blame laid upon this group isn't rested on. But because word has allowed to be spread, a long list of accusations often awaits the means of their judgment. So they only remain a hall of fame for old war veterans. This was until the head of the group, Admiral, allowed his son to inherit the leadership responsibilities of the group. Since then, the veterans have been known to be figureheads while the group itself has turned into a crew of zealots, masking their desire to overindulge by the slogan that has been with them since its start "The Best of the Best, The Great Gunman."

Now its newly recruited members are found running rampart every now and then through news reports of shootings and such. The organization's license is soon to be revoked, making it illegal for this former honored group of veterans to even ogle their once famed firearms.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 09:15:42 am by decoy. »
[FF|LL|HE[Cide/Decoy/Not Batman!:
[[ 300.91m | sniping distance
[[ 85:0 | kill:death ratio
[[ us.socom | favorite weapon

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2008, 11:54:00 am »
great :D

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • What's the URL for www.microsoft.com?
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2008, 12:34:35 pm »
Is there a site that allows better quality (not requiring membership for viewers) for a movie than youtube?

You can produce your own high quality videos on Youtube, google it, some people will get annoyed and agitated though, because it takes a long time to download, i suggest just making the video and letting the viewer decide for themselves if they want high quality or not by putting fmt&=8 after the URL or something like that. Why do you want high quality video anyway?

What other action taunts are there aside from victory, smoke, piss, remove cap and that other one activated by alt+2?

I dunno about that one, i think thats it, except /pwn where he does that dance. There might be a way to make you own taunts client sided (?).

Where can I get the stats for all of the weapons?

Download a dedicated server and view weapons.ini.
Quote from: 'Ando.' pid='12999178' dateline='1309046898'
My new password is secure as shit :)
Mate, I am not sure Shit is even secured nowadays.

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2008, 06:04:17 pm »
# What other action taunts are there aside from victory, smoke, piss, remove cap and that other one activated by alt+2?

/smoke    alt+1
/tabac     alt+2
/takeoff   alt+3
/victory    alt+4
/pwn (don't know, I have it as alt+s in my taunts, but I think I just made it there)

there are several ways of killing yourself:
/kill
/brutalkill
/mercy

supposed to be: Choose weapon back

/limbo     (I just red about this, but I have never tried it.)

that's all I can find.

# Where can I get the stats for all of the weapons?

Weapons.ini  in Soldat folder    You can mess around with it, put sniper billets in a minimi for example.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 06:05:59 pm by homerofgods »

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2008, 09:03:25 pm »
Wow, good luck making this movie man! This looks like a hell of a project.
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2008, 06:37:36 am »
#Is there a site that allows better quality (not requiring membership for viewers) for a movie than youtube?

you can use youtube with high quality.
Tips to all: if you add &fmt=18 after a video, it's shown in higher resolution.

Decoy, take a look at theese links:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17939_109-9858758-2.html
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17939_109-9817732-2.html?tag=mncol;txt
http://www.squidoo.com/youtubehd

All of your questions should be answered now. please more questions  :D
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 06:39:23 am by homerofgods »

Offline decoy.

• Soldier
  • All in the mind.
    • Paradigis
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2008, 04:01:59 pm »
Alright. Now that I can access the site again, I should be able to give some input.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2008, 05:37:26 pm »
can I help there?

Offline Kagesha

• Flagrunner
  • cunts
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2008, 02:46:50 am »
Use vimeo instead of youtube, please. Good luck, this looks like a real big project.

Offline decoy.

• Soldier
  • All in the mind.
    • Paradigis
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2008, 08:56:31 pm »
To respond to the post I have not given a response to;

@nuclearrambo: I will do that actually. As much as I would like to try and rush the map creation, I have to keep in mind the outlines that must be made first for anything of the sort.

@scout: I will contact you for further details once I am more aware of what it is that I require. But otherwise the sound effects are a great offer too.

@Akira: Great. I will contact you when I have a further understanding of what I need. Or might contact you first hand.

@homerofgods: Thank you for your contribution to this thus far. For this among many reasons gives me a motivation to press on with this movie. I will update my questions section soon. I will check out your references at my leisure. School and work do stuff to time that...umm...yeah. That's my brain on lack of ventilation.

@miketh2005: Thank you for providing me with a site that bests youtube where I am in need of the extension of quality. I will check our the sources on my leisure time. And I tried out /pwn earlier today. XD I actually used it during online play as well. And I rather liked it.

@tehsnipah: Thank you very much. I am glad to see an idea of mine flourish, slowly but surely.

@~Niko~: Yes you may help if you wish. I will be in need of extras to begin with. And any advice you can provide, I would be happy to receive. Also if there is any other way you wish to help, let me know and I can see. I am grateful for your offer.

@Kagesha: I will check the links a little later. Thank you very much. Which reminds me, I need to get a stunt crew together for testing some of the big or dramatic scenes that will be preformed in the movie. One I would like to try out is a scene which requires the slow motion effects provided by the game itself.

Offline Swiftfreddy

• Major(1)
  • Meh. .
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2008, 03:09:14 pm »
Great Prelude Script.

I can help with almost anything acting wise and perhaps Choreography or Some Scripting.
Whats your timezone by the way?

(I'm not overly sure on the script but I'm particularly interested in The Great Gunmen group and I have a feeling that the new group inherited from the Original Veterans will include `echoes` of the Vets such as Boogie Man. If there ever is I wouldn't mind acting on behalf of the Boogie Man's Echo or some character of the sort, whom is basically a crazed but skilled sawman. xD This is just what came to my mind when I read this =P)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 03:18:58 pm by Swiftfreddy »
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Offline Decaying Soldat

• Camper
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2008, 02:10:54 am »
Can't wait to see the movie!

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2008, 05:56:30 am »
It's gonna take time :p

Offline decoy.

• Soldier
  • All in the mind.
    • Paradigis
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2008, 09:12:31 am »
I'll look over the links now.

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2008, 09:16:51 am »
I'll look over the links now.
I just thought many people like youtube, it's uploaded in full quality so it's possible to watch it in full quality. (that's what it said in the links anyway. but if you find anything better, and cooler, that's good.

by the way.. if you upload on youtube, you can customize your account to make it look cool, if you know what I mean.. you can have a background with pictures from the movie or something-
and for those who want nothing but pure good quality, you allways have a link to download it.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 09:20:43 am by homerofgods »

Offline decoy.

• Soldier
  • All in the mind.
    • Paradigis
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2008, 07:59:45 am »
One thing I did forget to mention in regards to this was the evolution in weapons and combat development. I do not mean the use of modifying the weapons but regards to which weapon will be used and when. Of course the first weapon that our main character, Corbin, is the ussocom and later on to be introduced to newer weapons with advice for each piece of equipment he receives. The same thing goes for the use of the jets.

Weapons also play a part in the scenes here too, as chainsaws are less than likely to be used by players with the exception of Grey, The Boogie Man and possibly zombie extras. Aside from The Great Gunmen, the other organizations will likely be restricted to the use of select weapons to promote and present uniformity, even if in similar uniforms.

However, the two groups that will less thank likely make little use of weapons would be Heaven's Cross, confined to the use of a knife for surgical appeal, and the insignia label for the Major Clan, who will be in the standard outfit that all beginning players are in.

edit: And to mention, I downloaded a map maker from the original site. It looks like the one I started to tinker with long ago but did not really get into.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 06:30:15 pm by decoy. »

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2008, 06:25:14 am »
just a few good soldat sites if you didn't know them. :p

this site is awsum: http://soldatmods.edgegaming.com/integramod/portal.php?topic_id=962

soldat tools and stuf: http://www.denacke.net/matthi/skmods/dl.htm

scripts: http://soldatcentral.com/index.php?page=slist

enjoy

Offline Confusion

• Major(1)
  • Funkhotica
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2008, 04:04:46 pm »
I might, repeat: MIGHT be able to help out in the musical part. I'm not a profressional producer, but
I guess I'll link to some song I've made:
http://www11.nrk.no/urort/1.0/track/download/572791.mp3
It's nothing huge, but I'll help out if it's necessary. Different musical styles should not really be a problem, as I play both the piano and the guitar (I do sing too, but I wouldn't really reccomend putting my vocals into a soldat movie, might just ruin it), and I've got some decent software and VSTs.
Roses are red, violas are blue, I'll stick a rake up your ass. <3

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2008, 05:03:03 pm »
im lovin' that song, but should have a bit more of... action?  [retard]