Author Topic: CTF - Csokol  (Read 2291 times)

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
CTF - Csokol
« on: July 07, 2008, 06:21:40 am »
A quickie, two and a half hours. Made mainly because I haven't made a map in a couple months. It's not very good, I just haven't laid polys in a while and it felt good to do. The name derives from the artist I was listening the entire time while I was mapping, Csokolom. Do whatever the feck you want with it, just don't change the map description (feel free add an addendum saying that you modified it though, if you feel a need to change something).

Overview
TMS URL

Edit: v1.1 update, made it so the soldaten can move about more easily. No visible differences.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 02:44:28 pm by Mistercharles »
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
Re: CTF - Csokol
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 07:57:51 am »
:DDDDDD

My girlfriend's mom was at a Csokolom concert last weekend, now the name means 'to kiss'. I salute you, and add me if you have last.fm.

The map seems pretty kick-arse, though the movement might be a bit jaggy. Hope we'll see it on Leo's or somewhere else.

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 02:16:52 pm »
shinyfoo, I didn't realize how jagged the gameplay would be. I'll be rounding off some corners, making gameplay more fluid and less frustrating. Please wait.

Edit: Done. It's MUCH better now, with no noticable difference in appearance.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 02:43:37 pm by Mistercharles »
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 03:10:50 pm »
Somehow I feel the layout pretty interesting, except I don't know why cos I really can't say one specialty in this map. Spawnkilling might be an issue. It's map like 3-4 years ago when there was little scenery and no polyfixing or staff... But nowadays these maps can't have a future, despite the fact that u have done this for fun.