Author Topic: Christians?  (Read 5011 times)

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
Re: Christians?
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2008, 01:46:48 pm »
we should have some religion vs non-religion debates sometime soon...

Wouldn't work. It's just as impossible to disprove God to believers as it is to prove God to non-believers.
Doesn't mean we haven't tried... A lot. I am Christian by the way to answer a previos post, I go to a Church of God, but I personally lean more torwards more old-school stuff (grew up Methodist)
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline The Philanthropist

• Camper
  • .:|TGIF|:. Philly
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2008, 11:46:12 pm »
I bashed my head into a concrete wall yesterday. It hurt so much I decided to do it again today. I might also pencil myself in for a good wall whack around 2 pm tomorrow.

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2008, 11:49:53 pm »
Then you're a masochist.  Congrats!
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline The Philanthropist

• Camper
  • .:|TGIF|:. Philly
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2008, 12:06:19 am »
Exactly.

Offline MyiEye

• Soldier
  • .<><| `Homie
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2008, 01:08:41 pm »
Edit: Aww, 'church' beat me too it. :)

I think it's more a case of 'making a clan with people of like-mind' rather than 'making a clan of the saved ones, and kill all those filthy hetetics'. It's a social thing, not a medieval thing.

Well...what's what I expect, since I know other good ('moderate') Christains IRL including my twin bro. Or maybe MyiEye really is a fanatical Christan supremacist that wants to either shove the Bible or a gun down our throats. But lets not jump to conclusions. :)

that's very respectful :D thank you
"I gotta live like Jacob more holy less hip, by his grace Sho Baraka gone spit the real, been doing that Reach life before I got the deal, called to make mini-me's till the day that I die, so on my tombstone say, "he didn't die he multiplied"!"                                                  - Sho Baraka

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2008, 09:41:51 pm »
Wouldn't it seem alienating to non-Christians that there would (theoretically) be an exclusively Christian Soldat clan? Probably not actually.... It's still slightly elitist though. Kind of like the Nazi party. Remember them? They were one hell of a Soldat clan.
YAH AND WHY TEH FUCK I NOT ALLOWED IN GEY BAR!!!11? Y ONLY GEY ALLOW IN?! IS BULL**** FUCKING ELITE A$$HOLE!1

and remember mao zedong or stalin? tey also maek sctfl 11 qaurter final
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline ColonD

• Soldier
  • :D
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2008, 09:51:30 pm »
I think its a great idea if you can find people, though Christianity is pretty broad in denominations

I'm Christian myself, but, unfortunately, I really don't have the time
: D

Offline frogboy

• Soldier
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2008, 09:52:49 pm »
i thought straight people were allowed in gay bars

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2008, 09:55:08 pm »
Yeah they are.
@ii

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2008, 09:58:53 pm »
Why shouldn't they?

PS I'm Christian.
Text goes here...

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2008, 10:06:09 pm »
YOU GOTTED MY POINT
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2008, 11:55:26 pm »
YOU GOTTED MY POINT
Gay bars can't deny access to heterosexuals because it's a type of discrimination and they generally want to attract as much business as possible and if a gay person wants to go to a gay bar with straight friends it would be bad for business to deny entry to the straight people whilst a Christian Soldat clan could be as exclusive as they like.

I also hate to disappoint you but 4chan-esque spelling isn't funny if you are over 14 so you could get a head-start on the rest of them and not act like a retard due to misconceptions of how you are perceived by the rest of the world.

So what is your point? Are you saying that being in a clan of Christians is a lot like being in a bar of homosexuals? Hypocritical since the Bible says that homosexuals are evil. Don't you think?
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2008, 12:14:14 am »
So what is your point? Are you saying that being in a clan of Christians is a lot like being in a bar of homosexuals? Hypocritical since the Bible says that homosexuals are evil. Don't you think?
Actually I believe he was playing off the idiocy of your point. Even you should have been able to pick that up.
@ii

Offline Captain Ben

• Camper
  • &quot;forum's-rebellious-cool-guy&quot;
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2008, 12:39:17 am »
theres a gay bar in sydney that denies access to women

Offline frogboy

• Soldier
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2008, 01:16:49 am »
i am so there

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2008, 01:38:12 am »
Gay bars can't deny access to heterosexuals because it's a type of discrimination and they generally want to attract as much business as possible and if a gay person wants to go to a gay bar with straight friends it would be bad for business to deny entry to the straight people whilst a Christian Soldat clan could be as exclusive as they like.
That has got to be the longest run-on I've ever seen.

OT: It is correct. Plus they are trying to cut down on the discrimination, wouldn't it be hippocritical to discriminate against the other guys?

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2008, 03:31:03 pm »
Actually I believe he was playing off the idiocy of your point. Even you should have been able to pick that up.
yah, t rite
i also vry surprise u maek such insiteful thinkng of my 2 sentense 4chanesque post

MY POINT is that it's dum dum to call a Christian clan 'elitists', relate them to Nazis (???), and 'perceive' them as hostile or alienating.  YAH I HAD TO RESTATE THE QUESTION =(((

IN FACT what if these Christians just want to play Soldat? They JUST WANT TO PLAY SOLDAT!! =((( but mangled so butthurt he not liek =(((( LET THEM PLAY SOLDAT?? IS THAT OK MANGLED?! DOES THIS OFFEND?!?! REMEMBR WE HAVE /MUTE ALL COMMAND NOW!!

Mangled liek mao zedong, and say we cant ply soldat becuz we christian =(((((

Christians don't want to be exclusive - remember they LIKEY when people join their faith
 ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ ??? ??? ??? ???
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 03:56:46 pm by BondJamesBond »
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2008, 03:58:37 pm »
... if a gay person wants to go to a gay bar with straight friends it would be bad for business to deny entry to the straight people whilst a Christian Soldat clan could be as exclusive as they like.
Yeah, because Soldat is business and people have made money off of it—therefore this clan must keep its door open so once it grows big enough and sells t-shirts and the like, its creators will be able to profit, because that was the purpose of the clan's creation.

... the Bible says that homosexuals are evil.
The Bible considers homosexual acts evil.

Offline ColonD

• Soldier
  • :D
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2008, 04:33:38 pm »
YOU GOTTED MY POINT

Inevitable that there would be finger pointing when somebody asks a simple question about something related to religion.

Christianity is broad in denominations, as I've said earlier. Many subdivisions allow homosexuality and don't condemn it as immoral. It is the bloody old-testamenters that think the original Bible is inerrant.

To lock this topic would be beneficial because this will only get worse.
: D

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2008, 04:40:42 pm »
Technically there are pretty clear anti-homosexuality areas in the new testament as well. Don't ask me where because I forgot a while ago, but they're in there.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.