Author Topic: OverPro  (Read 9862 times)

Offline det

• Major
OverPro
« on: July 21, 2008, 12:18:06 pm »

This mod was created from parts of another mods, and it is fully playable.
You will find 2 my interfaces (in Costum interfaces folder), and Triangle interface what i think - the best.
Thanks to freestyler. With your Triangle mini interface, i won a lot cw ^ ^
In this mod you will find a lot of cursors, nice Sparks, All textures that was taken from another mods too. I don't remember names of mods i took some parts.
Weapons skins, and some bullets that i created to make my own color balance :P
Nades, explosions, you will get averything that you see in the screens including fonts.

aaaand...   I hope, you will like it ^ ^

Click in the picture to get file from filefront
><

Size: 17mb

p.s. i am not pr0, name of mod is just name :P
pp.s. sorry for mistakes

« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 11:50:14 pm by det »

Offline Exodus

• Camper
  • :<
    • All join the soldat steam group :D (if you have steam)
Re: OverPro
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 01:09:28 pm »
Mod is cell shaded, you should get permission for use (not from me)

Did you make any of it, or is it just a compilation of other mods (except interfaces)
Thanks for standing still, wanker!

Offline det

• Major
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 01:41:36 pm »
Yes i maked many things by myself.
Some textures, sounds. i makes sounds by myself using HL2 sounds and sounforge.
Many graphical things like 2 interface, some sparks and Object-gfxs etc.

Offline TBDM

• Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 01:55:24 pm »
yay, you used most of other peoples work..(without permission probebly) and released it as a pack..liek nobody can do it theirself..
i'm not cracking you donw or anything, i just don't like these types of releases, it's nice and all, but nothing special, i van release 100of 'mods' by putting stuff together from other people and a few stuff i did...nothing special.

3/5 for the effort and it looking nice, besides that, try actually creating own mods, instead of putting together other people's...

Offline det

• Major
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 02:11:59 pm »
you dont understand.
I by taking and creating some parts of mods i maked good, playable for cw etc. version of soldat.
Everyone can take parts and "compile" his own soldat, what i done. i just released it.
Becouse peoples asked me about textures, sparks, cursors etc. i released my soldat for this peoples.

What about owners of this parts: thank you very much for your work, that maked my soldat better and more playeble. If i taking some part, this part have hight rate for me.

p.s. first idea to release my soldat was born after this image

created by me today. i dont know where is connection with soldat and this image, but it is.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 02:21:54 pm by det »

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 03:35:17 pm »
Using parts of other peoples mods is frowned upon I'm afraid. Especially if the original authors are not credited thoroughly. Your interfaces are nice, but you have already posted them.

Unfortunately, like most people new to modding Soldat you have created a mod consisting almost entirely of other peoples work. Why is this bad? Well, it contributes ultimately nothing to the Soldat community as it's just recycled stuff that's been seen before. Anybody can just throw together parts of different mods they like and then post it... and doing so is just going to give you considerable criticism from pretty much everyone.

The mod also carries a considerable amount of dead weight... It really just looks like you've zipped up most of your Soldat directory. Plenty of duplicate images in .PNG and .BMP, lots of extraneous default Soldat sounds that need not be there. I can see parts of the mod are from a UT mod, .PNG Soldat mod and cell shaded mod. Please, if you can, credit those authors.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 04:02:56 pm »
Who gives a poo, it looks good.

That's all you people care about, starting damn fights that don't need starting, yeah he didn't make half of it himself, but he used the time to put it together for OTHERS.
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh

Offline TBDM

• Flagrunner
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 04:26:11 pm »

That's all you people care about, starting damn fights that don't need starting, yeah he didn't make half of it himself, but he used the time to put it together for OTHERS.

i can create great playable mods like these every day, ive done more of those than you can imagine, and you don't see mee releasing them don't you?
it's just not so much fun, playing with mods that you have used and seen so many times

and on the authors works..
would you like it if someone would use your work, starts releasing mods like these with them and do not give you proper credit for you putting time and effort for creating those guns?
i for one would not like it.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 04:27:11 pm »

Mmh I don't know about you but I personally don't like my work shuffled around and repackaged by others without permission. I think the work represents the author, and while being repackaged by others is kind of a roundabout complement, usually it's more like abuse, so it's, well, like abusing the author [durh?].

Anyways, yeah yeah I know it's just a compilation and there's nothing we can do to really enforce the whole "cite permission" issue. The reason why we cite the original authors is just out of respect, since you're taking what they spent more time on doing... Also, while this mod may change more than a single aspect of Soldat play, I'm thinking that this shouldn't go to Full Mods since it's not... 'original effort,' mirite? I don't know why but I tend to think that "Full Mods" is the domain of original mod efforts.

Oh, and det, I think your little warped-guy icon is ugly. Can't you do anything other than making colored ribbons? :P
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 08:18:55 am by Espadon »
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Serial K!ller

• Camper
    • Soldat Mods Archive
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2008, 04:48:48 pm »
Please don't use 7z to pack files to publish your mods alot of people don't have a packer to open a .7z or know how to (or even want to) install one.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 04:54:38 pm by Serial K!ller »

Offline det

• Major
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 12:32:25 am »
About 7z: ok. i will pack with  *.zip
About credited authors:  i want to know who is this authors of parts i took, i realy want to place their names to the credits field in my post, but i don't remebmer all of them. I will try to find their nicks, and put it to my post.

I make more than half of all this soldat(OverPro).

Anybody can just throw together parts of different mods they like and then post it... and doing so is just going to give you considerable criticism from pretty much everyone.
Mangled, i already writed about it here
Yes i maked many things by myself.
Some textures, sounds. i makes sounds by myself using HL2 sounds and sounforge.
Many graphical things like 2 interface, some sparks and Object-gfxs etc.
i am not only just throw together parts of different mods

If some part of my own work (my bullets, or my white soccom like in Tomb Raide, two my interfacec) will be taken by man who will sad: i like it, i'll use it -  i will be happy. And i don't care if he will post some his modification with my mod. Much more, i can say thanks (only if he will not say that my interface was created by himself).

I'm thinking that this shouldn't go to Full Mods since it's not... 'original effort,' mirite? I don't know why but I tend to think that "Full Mods" is the domain of original mod efforts.
Yes, in my case - you right. Yea, warped-guy icon is ugly :P i can make colored web bottom xD

I respect work of authors who maked their modifications that found their place in my soldat.
I will be proud, if some player will replace his interface to mine and will say about it.

I can't explaine all what i want becouse my english is not great or "normal".
I can't say all what i want.

p.s. Espadon, your Nano 2.1 interface is the best after Triangle mini :P
and please, everyone, dont write my nick in hight register. just det.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 12:46:30 am by det »

Offline NinjaGimp369

• Veteran
  • Wa-Poww!
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 02:44:30 am »
It's great, better than other cel-shaded mods. *Waits for .zip*

Good work det.
"You should've used the pythagoras theorum, b*tch."
[/url]

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2008, 03:24:26 am »
Hang on.  am I missing something...?

Player since late 2007

Offline det

• Major
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2008, 05:54:29 am »
I dont understand why you can't just install 7z archiver and unpack my mod?
7z can be opened in windows and linux. where is the problem?
7zip - new, better archiver than *.zip.

ok. i will pack it in *.zip today.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 05:57:30 am by det »

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2008, 03:26:44 pm »
Winrar unpacks .z7, .zip and .rar

If you don't use winrar then you need psychiatric help.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2008, 04:09:45 pm »
I use UltimateZip which does that in addition to .ACE .ARC .ARJ .BH .BZ .BZ2 .CAB .ENC .HA .LHA .... .ZOO.

Okay, so who needs psych help because they don't use Winrar?
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline NoodleMan12

• Major(1)
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2008, 07:55:48 pm »
Oh shut up all of you. And no, Espadon, It's not like that. It's a mix of copies of peoples mods it doesn't do ANY damage to their mods.

Date Posted: July 22, 2008, 08:53:30 pm
The graphics are really screwy though. This isn't an older version of soldat modded is it? Or new maps?

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2008, 11:10:44 pm »
Oh shut up all of you. And no, Espadon, It's not like that. It's a mix of copies of peoples mods it doesn't do ANY damage to their mods.

Unless people believe that the content in the mod was made by the person who put the mod together. There are a lot of people who have tried to pass off other peoples work as their own and every few weeks we get some new modder who does exactly that.

Who would want to see parts of a mod they made that is a masterpiece thrown together with some inferior content from another mod?

Mix-and-match mods to make your Soldat how you like it, that's fine... but don't upload it as if it constitutes as effort doing so. Anybody can do it, and thank goodness only a small number of people do, otherwise the modding community would be completely dead and filled with the same old stuff repeated and remixed endlessly and pro-modders like me, Serial-Killer and Espadon just wouldn't bother ;)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 11:12:48 pm by Mangled* »

Offline det

• Major
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2008, 11:44:18 pm »

Zipped with *.zip
click image :P

I using only 7zip. it can pack\unpack 7z, zip, tar and unpack rar. questions?.

... a new whine about "stolen mods" right?
i told you so, it is not just mod, this is my soldat how it is.
i posted it, becouse it could be interesting and usefull for beginners and more skilled players.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 11:53:40 pm by det »

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2008, 01:45:21 am »
Useless spam from G-unit deleted. 
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.