Author Topic: ctf Roundabout 2  (Read 4082 times)

Offline mar77a

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • mad
    • random stuffs
ctf Roundabout 2
« on: July 29, 2008, 10:22:17 am »
Gotta test it to know how balanced it is. (no waypoints)

Date Posted: 29-07-2008, 08:19:08
More screenshots...

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
Re: ctf Roundabout 2
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 10:28:32 am »
Well that sure is unique. Has anything like this ever been done before? Normally I'd say one team might have height advantage over the other, but I don't think that applies to this map. If this really is the first map of its kind, it should definitely be made default.

Visuals look nice, as usual.

Nice job.

edit: Would it be okay if I put this map on my Soldat server?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 01:30:54 pm by jrgp »
There are other worlds than these

Offline UnknownSniper

• Camper
  • Southern by the Grace of God
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 01:46:49 pm »
Looks like a spawn killing map. XD
I had a job and a piece of land
My sweet wife was my best friend
But I traded that for Cocaine and a whore
-Jamey Johnson

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 02:39:16 pm »
Hmm at first I thought that this is very noobish mapping idea. But after considering for a few minutes I think this might work and it could be great fun. The problem is that blue has advantage. Just an idea but think it's good one if you change the bottom curve to be ice and fix it that red team can "shoot" (use slidebug) them selves faster to blue base. Anyway thanks to you u have broken the line of normal maps and unique maps. That's why I appreciate this crazy and simple idea. Some weird way I want to see and test it at gather. Keep on going, but as hint don't make so many maps, make less with better equality.

Offline mar77a

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • mad
    • random stuffs
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 03:54:01 pm »
Thanks for the comments. Here's the pack with a bunch of fixes which I gave to DS which has some fixed thingies about it http://lion.u13.net/~mar77a/mars_maps.rar (and some other maps)

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 06:08:51 pm »
Maybe good for some 2v2's but any more than that and it flops. Layout is just too simple and small.
Blue has a massive height advantage over red.

Keep going, your maps have very unique layouts.

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 08:36:10 pm »
Christ, how do you come up with your layouts? They're ingenious, every one.

Blue has a massive height advantage over red.
Look closer. Is there ACTUALLY a height advantage? mar77a knows how to map, and obviously a good amount of thinking went into the layout construction.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline DragonSlayer

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 08:46:30 pm »
mar77a and I were testing this earlier and even though it might seem that bravo has large advantage because of having higher ground, it didn't really feel like that when playing. It's difficult to make sure without actually playing it with teams and seeing how it works but I wouldn't judge the map before playing it. It could work but I can't say yet, I just think there's a lot of potential and it's a really refreshing map.

We'll put it on Gather's server this week with a few other maps (more mar77a maps too) and we'll see how it works!

AE/DragonSlayer

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 10:00:23 pm »
There are a lot of ups and downs to this map...
I think blue has an advantage here, not only from height but from their ability to easilly boost off of red's flag spot.
Also... fix the polybugs. There's lots of them, and they are annoying.

With that being said, it was pretty fun (specially all the tricked law shots you can do) to play on. I like your other maps more though.

Offline Sir Jeremy

• Flagrunner
  • Eurolicous!
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 10:02:40 pm »
Mhm, Maybe a bit to Small?  But Other than that it' Looks "playable" :D

Offline xurich

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 10:36:14 pm »
We'll put it on Gather's server this week with a few other maps (more mar77a maps too) and we'll see how it works!

Oh... God.

Offline Chariot

• Flagrunner
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 10:37:54 pm »
It was alot of fun when we tested it despite that I was the bane of my team, and it was still a close game.
Vidi Vici Veni
I saw, I conquered, I came

Offline pimpeh

• Major(1)
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2008, 10:39:25 pm »
Fun map, just got done playing it. Very nice. Good job Mar77a

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2008, 10:46:28 pm »
Very fun, the only thing I'd suggest is to round out the corners to the right for better flow.

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2008, 02:31:27 am »
If there is a height advantage for blue, it's possible to give a bit advantage for red in player spawnment. I mean that if blues spawn next to their flag at center of top route and the reds spawn in the edges of bottom (not center), so reds would be nearer the enemy flag and that's giving advantage to them. Of course it's hard to define which is the right balance.

Offline MyiEye

• Soldier
  • .<><| `Homie
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2008, 01:53:40 pm »
yeah it's nice, but I dunno man. It seems both teams have their advantages so they'd have to use the or get screwed over lol. I think I agree with iDante. Anyway it'd be a like Dropdown, just more crazy.
"I gotta live like Jacob more holy less hip, by his grace Sho Baraka gone spit the real, been doing that Reach life before I got the deal, called to make mini-me's till the day that I die, so on my tombstone say, "he didn't die he multiplied"!"                                                  - Sho Baraka