Author Topic: ctf_Guardian  (Read 2375 times)

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
ctf_Guardian
« on: July 31, 2008, 02:32:30 pm »
ctf_Guardian

By SuoW
The idea of map is that one player can control whole map at the center that's where the name comes from (check screen1). You need to hold center while you are trying to escape with flag (or u need to be lucky and enemy don't kill you). Also spacious of map is an unique idea when it's used this way. The map may look good for spray but players can't really spray anywhere cos there are so three player spawns at different locations so they can't know where the enemy spawns.

Map is waypointed

Screenshots:

Download / Rate on TMS

This Map Is Hosted By The Mapping Showcase
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 02:34:22 pm by Suowarrior »

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
Re: ctf_Guardian
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 02:57:08 pm »
Very interesting map.  It's wider than it looks in the overview.  The lack of medikits in the low route helps with your idea of holding mid to succeed imo, nicely done.  I can imagine the action being mostly concentrated in the open space up high for the first thirty seconds of the game and then gradually going down to the bottom afterward.  Could be a fun map, I'm anxious to playtest this with other people.

I think these polygons should be steepened some more like the ones on Bravo's side.  Right now it's like a sniper's nest and it's easy to spawnkill from such a high position.

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 04:40:53 pm »
Very interesting map.  It's wider than it looks in the overview.  The lack of medikits in the low route helps with your idea of holding mid to succeed imo, nicely done.  I can imagine the action being mostly concentrated in the open space up high for the first thirty seconds of the game and then gradually going down to the bottom afterward.
I guess we all know the deathmatch map bunker,  I kinda way tried making it's gameplay at ctf format, I mean open space and the enemy can shoot u from higher or lower and you can't really prepare to that. The bottom and bridge is another story.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 04:43:44 pm by Suowarrior »

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 04:46:57 pm »
I guess we all know the deathmatch map bunker,  I kinda way tried making it's gameplay at ctf format, I mean open space and the enemy can shoot u from higher or lower and you can't really prepare to that.

Well, that's an interesting idea of a CTF layout. Map visually looks awesome. I like the way you made the outer polygons fade in and out in a natural way, really reminds me of this.

Very interesting map.  It's wider than it looks in the overview.  The lack of medikits in the low route helps with your idea of holding mid to succeed imo, nicely done.  I can imagine the action being mostly concentrated in the open space up high for the first thirty seconds of the game and then gradually going down to the bottom afterward.  Could be a fun map, I'm anxious to playtest this with other people.

I think these polygons should be steepened some more like the ones on Bravo's side.
Agreed.
There are other worlds than these

Offline ElSpec774

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 05:02:44 pm »
After a quick 6 player playtest, I can say this is a fun map.  It really is like Bunker but a CTF version.  It's pretty well balanced, use the top to hold your opponents and use lower to escape.  The invisible polygons with cloud effects are very nice and it doesn't lag, it makes the map playable to a large audience. 

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 04:55:34 am »
I think these polygons should be steepened some more like the ones on Bravo's side.  Right now it's like a sniper's nest and it's easy to spawnkill from such a high position.
Yeah you were right, now it's fixed (polygon type changed ice) also one polybug at the bridge is fixed and updated.