Author Topic: Ctf Eyeball v2 (wpted)  (Read 3965 times)

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
Ctf Eyeball v2 (wpted)
« on: August 09, 2008, 02:51:02 pm »
Ctf Eyeball
Version Two

Waypoints 100% functional. Changelog here.

Thanks iDante, Demonic, and El_Spec for the advice on scenery and spawn layout (and for the polybugs..). Meant to have only a slightly rusty look. Enjoy.

Previous versions here.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 06:22:38 pm by Blacksheepboy »

Offline Mindless

• Major(1)
  • 0wn3d
Re: Ctf Eyeball
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 02:54:17 pm »
Very nice. :D And what's a polybug? I just hear it alot and don't know what it/they are. Plus, I'm downloading now. :D

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 02:58:53 pm »
A polybug is, well, a bug in polygons. Every Surface on a map is comprised of overlapping polygons made by the mapmaker. A bug would be, say, an area where the polygons don't quite meet and you can fall through, or they don't overlap enough and a strong boost would send you through the wall. They are quite annoying, especially since some can get you stuck. Anyway, it looks really good.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 02:59:20 pm »
Looks pretty cool. Colors are nice. I think it could use more scenery, though; the sides look bald.

The polygon bordering style you used on the out polygons reminds me a lot of this.. Was it a source of inspiration?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 03:43:08 pm by jrgp »
There are other worlds than these

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 03:06:10 pm »
...I love of the sides look bald.

Typo..?

No, I have never actually seen Adore before...

Offline ElSpec774

• Soldier
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 03:37:44 pm »
This is one nice map.  Plays great and looks equally great.  Although I think the rubble.bmp below the flag platform might be over stretched, but it's only a very minor complaint.  From what I've seen, I'd say this is your best map.

And to make yourself feel proud that you've made a map of this standard, I'll tell you this.  I've only rated 9 or 10 maps in the entire history of Soldat's existence a perfect 5 star rating.  I think I can include this in the list.  Others are, if I remember correctly are htf_Superpants, ctf_Oracle, ctf_Grind, GloomyDawn, and several others that I cannot remember at the moment, but they're damn good.

Also, this is just me, but I think the name could be better.  Something like ctf_Eyeless or just plain ctf_Eye might work better.  But that's just me.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 04:18:56 pm »
I would agree with you on the name. I usually don't like my map names. :-\

And I'm glad you like it ;). Thanks for the rating... I'm rather frivolous when it comes to rating maps...

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 06:14:17 am »
The best look I've seen in long time, especially lovely polygon work and also sceneries look good. The gameplay works also great. It will be good for single shots. I don't give stars cos I would be a lot more tighter than most forumers, but If I would give, I give this 4/5. The map isn't that unique that it could have the last star. (Only five star maps I think are ctf_Ash and maybe ctf_X)

Offline DragonSlayer

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 09:45:52 pm »
This map looks really good and I'm gonna playtest it this week. No one has really complained about it so I doubt it's even really needed though, I'm gonna put this on gather server when I update the mappack next time. I'll post feedback when I have actually played it in a real game though, so I'll leave it at this now.

AE/DragonSlayer

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2008, 10:29:50 pm »
Thanks. Much appreciated
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 10:34:16 pm by Blacksheepboy »

Offline Biggles

• Flagrunner
  • Mapping rotating
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2008, 08:40:37 am »
very nice map :) going to try it now looks really fun, that eye in the middle Is awesome :P

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
Re: Ctf Eyeball (wpted)
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2008, 07:47:17 pm »
Updated

Has 100% working waypoints. I think the only odd problem in the waypointing is when an Alpha soldat goes to cap using the top route to hop down to the middle (in the alpha base), the soldat doesn't always want to hop the gap between the spawns on the left, and the flag platform. Bravo soldats make the exchange in their base just fine, and path 1 and 2 are almost identical (so I don't know what the problem is).

Other than that, I found no problems. Bots make varying path changes throughout, usually in some form or pattern. I tried to make the bot paths detailed and fun, while still maintaining function ;)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 06:17:50 pm by Blacksheepboy »

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
Version Two
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 06:21:24 pm »
Changes:

- Entrance to middle route (the middle one you would use to exit your base) has been made friendlier
- Medkit spawns moved to the middle, and count reduced (has made a big difference in how I play on it)
- Grenade spawns also moved appropriately
- Colliders fixed -- they were previously in awful spots
- Two bonus spawns added

And a few other quick cleanups.