Author Topic: ctf_Raspberry  (Read 4904 times)

Offline Wraithlike

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • The Ichthyologist
ctf_Raspberry
« on: August 12, 2008, 01:08:42 am »

Offline ElSpec774

• Soldier
Re: ctf_Raspberry
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 01:16:54 am »
Naming maps after fruits huh?  Sequel to ctf_Strawberry?  BRB, going to test this and give my ever so flaming and death-defying criticisms.

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 01:21:31 am »
Mmm this map is niiice.
I can't really think of any problems with it.

Why did you make some of the polygons in the base ice (and the ones in the middle-top)?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 02:28:19 am by iDante »

Offline Wraithlike

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • The Ichthyologist
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 01:24:48 am »
The Ice under the bases it to provide a smoother trip down the tunnel, and in the top middle is to Make fighting there more frantic, and to some extent prevent camping.

Edit: Heh, I was also going to name it Blueberry, but you'd already taken that name. Great mind do think alike, I suppose. [/stroking ego]
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 01:26:25 am by Wraithlike »

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 01:27:17 am »
OSNAP I just noticed you made some insanely nice looking torches out of col's, upside down sandbags, and... clouds?
Edit: Heh, I was also going to name it Blueberry, but you'd already taken that name. Great mind do think alike, I suppose. [/stroking ego]
lol, I hadn't even remembered that map... was a nice one if I remember correctly... looks on tms and lives up the old days

Offline Wraithlike

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • The Ichthyologist
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 01:30:53 am »
I know, I was so proud of myself for making those. I might end up Pre-fabbing them and using them in other maps.

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 01:34:48 am »
You know what I like about that map? The places where the flags are, would have been a useless route if not for the flags.

I c what u did thar.

Offline ElSpec774

• Soldier
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 01:36:27 am »
I haven't had sex with a map in a while.  Although I prefer rodzynka.bmp with a bit of default, I must say, I couldn't resist.  Got laid tonight thanks to you.

Only two things I didn't like about this map.

-The backgrounds, why didn't you just stick with your regular black?  Blue is just so awkward.  It's looks terrible and lost game concentration because I had to keep staring at them because they're so horrid.
-What else?  Oh yeah, the texture.  Potato.bmp, it's alright but I would've use something like oh I don't know rodzynka.bmp!?  It doesn't look too bad, although it could be better.

Things that are worth mentioning

-All routes serve a purpose.  Top can coordinate attacks and you can use those 3 platforms below the highest one to escape with the flag.
-Those crates greatly reduce chances of being spawned.
-And generally, it's a good map.

Oh, and I left you a message, check attachment below.

Offline Wraithlike

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • The Ichthyologist
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008, 01:38:33 am »
Actually, those routes didn't exist until Eagles Arrow suggested it, the flag used to be directly above that.

Offline ElSpec774

• Soldier
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008, 01:39:34 am »
Poser iDante?  At least I fully test maps before I say anything about them.

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2008, 04:54:59 am »
Good map, can't really figure any problems in gameplay, nice flag placing, nice routes, hope to see this on custom gather in future. The only bad thing, create something which isn't JUNGLE!!!! IT'S ALWAYS THIS FUCKING JUNGLE!!!! Are you living in with tarzan or what makes u to be fan of jungle?

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2008, 05:27:43 am »
The only bad thing, create something which isn't JUNGLE!!!! IT'S ALWAYS THIS feckING JUNGLE!!!! Are you living in with tarzan or what makes u to be fan of jungle?
Jungles are just so fun and easy to create and still look really good...

Offline Wraithlike

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • The Ichthyologist
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2008, 07:33:37 am »
@Spectacles: I'm not really sure what you mean by my usual black background, and I'm aware that blue was a radical choice, but I believe it fits well enough with the map. I also favored Potato2 over Rodzynka because Potato allows for better looking dirt and stone looking area, which make up most of the map. And yes, you found out my terrible secret, I do lick Penis.

@SouWarrior: Jungle is very fun to work with and allows me to use lots of scenery, but just for you I'll make my next map not jungle. Although, another motivation is the lack of true dense jungle maps in the default ctf line-up.

And thank you to whoever gave me a very low rating without posting their reasoning, you know it really helps me improve.

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2008, 08:18:50 am »
And thank you to whoever gave me a very low rating without posting their reasoning, you know it really helps me improve.
At that point, I would adapt rates (especially, when someone has ruined my map rate), cos it takes down topic's sex appeal. I guess it would be better if there weren't any rates.

Offline ElSpec774

• Soldier
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2008, 12:47:50 pm »
@Wraithlike, take ctf_Tabaet for example.  In the middle, you have dark and black shadows.  Here, it is blue.  It doesn't look bad, but it's just so unnatural.  Black would've been better though.  Since you wanted you wanted to have the map have a jungle, yet dirty feel that you described, potato.bmp's fine.  Normally though jungle maps work best with rodzynka.bmp.

And I gave this a 4 star rating.  Whoever fucked up the rating here is a douche-bag.  If he or she does it again, I'll hunt you down using your I.P. address and I'll cut out your eyes and make you eat them.

You've been warned....

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2008, 01:02:06 pm »
If he or she does it again, I'll hunt you down using your I.P. address and I'll cut out your eyes and make you eat them.
Only admins can see IP's? (I gave it a 5 btw)

I like the background colors a lot. ElSpec I think you've been listening to too much death metal, when maps get too dark they lose a lot of pwn (I made a lot of really dark DM maps a while ago... look me up on TMS)

Offline Wraithlike

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • The Ichthyologist
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2008, 01:44:03 pm »
Thanks guys. Normally, I don't pay it much heed, but in this case the low rating just seemed to be malevolent. It's a shame there's not a system in place where you have to rate the map while posting.

And I understand what you mean, It's not that I actually used blue, but I used a 50% transparent grey scenery, and the background makes it like it is, but I'm happy with how it looks in accordance with the rest of the maps's atmosphere. A also, am not very fond of rodzynka for jungle, I prefer one of chakapoko's moss textures.

Offline mar77a

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • mad
    • random stuffs
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2008, 02:16:01 pm »
Who gives a sh*t about rating? The map's awesome... tho what's up with the background color? The contrast seems kinda weird (might be me so don't take my word for it). I wanna play this 3v3 >:)

Offline DragonSlayer

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2008, 08:56:36 pm »
I actually think more CTF maps should have jungle or some other colorful and neat setting. Kinda getting tired of bleak maps.

Anyway, the layout looks really good. I think this one actually looks better than Strawberry, which I already like. I like how you do your routes and the gameplay is pretty varied and the only problem I really had with Strawberry is that you don't really get to play at full pace as much as I'd like to because you spend most of the time flying and there's not much flat ground barring the lower route, but I don't really like the vertical tunnels which connects lower route with bases. But enough about Strawberry, I'm downloading this and I think it will make it on the custom server. The only problem is that we are getting so many good custom maps and I don't want to fill the server with like 40 maps because then some maps won't get played enough. :) It will be hard to decide what maps to drop but rotation is fun.

AE/DragonSlayer

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2008, 08:59:08 pm »
I actually think more CTF maps should have jungle or some other colorful and neat setting. Kinda getting tired of bleak maps.

Anyway, the layout looks really good. I think this one actually looks better than Strawberry, which I already like. I like how you do your routes and the gameplay is pretty varied and the only problem I really had with Strawberry is that you don't really get to play at full pace as much as I'd like to because you spend most of the time flying and there's not much flat ground barring the lower route, but I don't really like the vertical tunnels which connects lower route with bases. But enough about Strawberry, I'm downloading this and I think it will make it on the custom server. The only problem is that we are getting so many good custom maps and I don't want to fill the server with like 40 maps because then some maps won't get played enough. :) It will be hard to decide what maps to drop but rotation is fun.

What server? Is it public or private?