Author Topic: NEed help on Possibly one of the best soldat mods ever  (Read 5170 times)

Offline alphazero

• Major(1)
NEed help on Possibly one of the best soldat mods ever
« on: August 14, 2008, 01:50:59 pm »
Hi all soldatforum members :D

im working on a Realistic mod right now for soldat,
the idea is round, but im still in need of help.
il mention some cases, send me a pm or leave a message if u can help me.

IM IN NEED OF:
- Gosteks

- MapMaker Pro's

- someone to learn me how the animations work and how i can edit them.

- i need too know if its possible to enable different weapons for the teams, example: team 1 can use the AK, mp5 and the Steyr, and team2 the minimi minigun etc etc.

-different animations or weaponconfig files for different maps ( this is needed to make objective based maps)

-How far can the scripting go???

The idea basicly is to make soldat an more objectively and realistictly based game. With both teams only able to use specific weapons and a changed weapon config, u can make 2 completely different teams or atleast weapon usage systems. with being able to change this with each map, you can make even more Front races, like the eastern and western front.
The "more realistic part" is going to be the damage, health and cover system. weapons will do more damage. cover is needed to avoid damage. making battles more realistic and more tactical. no more medpacks, medics only or med areas. Any more ideas??? Can u support me? leave a message 

PS admins and mods, sorry for double post, wrong topic  :-[

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
Re: NEed help on Possibly one of the best soldat mods ever
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 04:40:36 pm »
lmfao
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 05:17:24 pm »
You're spamming again, Bootz.

Anyways, Alphazero, I'm not sure how many people here are willing to take this seriously. It really sounds to me like you just want a ton of people to make a mod for you. "More realistic" Soldat can only go so far before it's really not fun, since 'realistic' in 3D usually means [relative] confinement to the ground level [2D], and therefore, in 2D, you're confined to 1D. 1D games aren't always that fun, TW was the most popular 1D exercise for a while and lately it's been going down the drain. Different animations won't make it any more realistic actually, but all it means is that you won't be able to play online, and playing vs bots on flat ground is really really dry. Especially since bots aren't smart enough to duck and cover. I wouldn't really know the implications, but wouldn't the fact that changing animations prohibiting online play also preclude using server scripts?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 05:28:07 pm by Espadon »
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 12:48:03 am »
Getting post count up, yes? :p.

Your pretty said what I ment, just in a longer text. I r sorreh :p. Honestly though, you can't really come out of no where and ask for people to help you. Good luck anyway.
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh

Offline alphazero

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 06:04:22 am »
basicly i want to edit it all myself, ive made numeral mods on edgegaming, and some unreleased mods still on my pc, but this is my first mod with actual scripting needed in it.
im also making concept art for this because, if this mod looks good enough for me, im going to mod it to a 3d engine like Call of duty or Battlefield 2. Please take these request seriously cause i really want this to be good. im almost done with the weapon GFX and more then 10 maps, im reconfiguring the bots so they will find cover, and make use of the proper weapons per team.

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 06:23:29 am »
Show screenshots of the graphics please

but what you're boasting on about the engine and all that scripting, simply cannot be done with soldat.  by any modder. 

Take a deeper look into soldat mods and modding before you plan your mod.. 

Player since late 2007

Offline alphazero

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 07:23:42 am »

i figured i only need a script to change the weapons per team, i think this should be scriptable. the weapons above here, are the beta's, im gonna reskin the left ones to a less bright color, something olive like. the right one still needs a bit of shade.
they both will have a resize after im done with the coloring.
nyways, with the weaponGFX i can edit the weapons so there will be 5 per team.
the secondaries can be used by both, but im still working on what weapons that will be.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 07:25:33 am by alphazero »

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 07:27:05 am »
im also making concept art for this because, if this mod looks good enough for me, im going to mod it to a 3d engine like Call of duty or Battlefield 2.

Not to sound like a lamer but I've seen many people try this same 'strategy' [in various games] and they always fails to achieve its mark. This is an example. I'm no scripter but I think the weapon-by-team control isn't really feasible, right? What it looks like you want to do to me is to have corresponding weapons, which means modding the weapons so there are literally 2xBarret 2xMP5 2xSpas 2xAK 2xM249. You can't do that because weapon intrinsics are, well, intrinsic, so you can't transform a Deagle into MP5-like behavior. So in the end, sorry, but what you're trying to do right now isn't really feasible. You're trying to mod the wrong game here; this isn't UT2k4 Gears of War.

[Added note: Weapon designs and overall look are far below 'one of the best soldat mods ever' standards, so if you want to really go for that claim, you still have a lot to work on with the graphics end]

im reconfiguring the bots so they will find cover

It's not possible to control AI behavior.

As HT said, take a good look at what you can do with Soldat modding before starting to see what can and can't be done. If you're really thinking about a CoD/BF mod, don't waste your time with a Soldat mod because you can't transfer your work from Soldat to BF2. It's a waste of time and in the end its just a 'feel-good' thing that'll result in a broken pipe dream.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 07:51:24 am by Espadon »
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline alphazero

• Major(1)
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 08:15:01 am »
i wanna bet, that if u can get me a teamed weapon script(mentioned above)
il make it work

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2008, 08:49:27 am »
Well it depends on what your definition of 'make it work' is. If you're going to 'make it work' the way it appears now, then I'll win. However, if you change the teams weapons back to their original slot forms [so that the teams don't have corresponding weapons], then of course you can make it work. You just need to get your script fixed right? It would have some balance issues [like there would be nothing on the other team to match the sniper rifle's scope] but at least then you won't have like a machine gun firing two bullets at once on semi-auto.
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline alphazero

• Major(1)
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2008, 11:56:54 am »
i basicly want to use the weapon cons and pros to balance the sides, the deagles can be used for a double barreled shotgun, the sniper with scope will be for the other team ofcourse, dunno if you saw it but, the right teams sniper is alot smaller, basicly just for accurte close quarter sniper support( wow that was a mouthfull) i just need a script, and i can get started on the balancing features

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2008, 10:39:20 pm »
I think the team based weapons can be done... but only as a server-side script. So it entirely relies on A) Someone who can script it and be willing to for you, and B) A server willing to host the script or your own server.

Then you need to realise that 95% of the people who play on that server will not have the mod and most likely won't bother with it unless it's absolutely beautiful. Trench Wars is a good script to compare this with as there isn't even an 'official' Trench Wars mod and this will never be as popular as Trench Wars (Trench Wars isn't even that popular, only 3 servers run it, to my knowledge).

Realistically the only way this is going to happen is if you learn to script and script it yourself and then pay for your own server and host the script along with a repeating message encouraging people to download the mod from a provided URL.

But by this time we will most likely all be playing Link-Dead.

As for objectives, the possibilities are very limited, if you've played Avarax's game modes and Tactical Trench Wars then remember that that is pretty much the best that can be done with scripting.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2008, 11:20:53 pm »
Well to be honest the graphics aren't bad. 

The weapons mod could be scriptable, if you got a server up and running.  But when you get to the end, you will find that's as far as modding really goes.

Player since late 2007

Offline alphazero

• Major(1)
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2008, 01:19:14 pm »

But by this time we will most likely all be playing Link-Dead.

as im self following the progress of link dead, it seems to me it will be end 2010 lol.
for the scripting, im not really a pro in that so, thats why its in the list of the helping, im almost done with the gosteks and the ingame weapons, the weaponinterface is going to undertake a BIG upgrade( talking about better shading and stuff, the interface was done in paint, now ive got paint.net ,,, well, just guess :) )

tactically isnt going to be really hard, i found a way to create a two story map, with some kind of stairs/ladder option, this way, making a town, can be done alot bigger.
the bots in cover mode? in the past i had a lot of practice with waypoints, i can make em take cover and camp at certain positions ( not as effective as a player running to cover but, pretty much the same ) ive made a example map in which the bot takes the "ladder"  to go up or down a ladder. with the bot editor, ive made some bots which will carry different weapons, different character, and different behavior.

so the only thing actualy left, is a weapon script :)

if someone got some more ideas for this mod, let me know, i really appreciate critics and help.

PS im working with some guy now, to make a sidescroll lan game with vehicles, a soldat clone, in gamemaker. thusfar its only multiplayer but were working on a single player campaign , with the 2 armies facing each other. myself being an concept artist and me mate, whos an superior gamemaker coder, have made an incredible AI even for a simple program like gamemaker.

again, if you are interested in EITHER ONE OF THE PROJECTS, give me a ring, We appreciate all the help we can get :)

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2008, 08:18:03 pm »
I'm sorry but I really can't offer my encouragement here. Tell your superior coder friend to learn2code4rlz.
CRYSO | HLT