Author Topic: server anti-hack flag return  (Read 3259 times)

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
server anti-hack flag return
« on: October 12, 2008, 07:05:36 pm »
when MovePlayering, it returns the flag when going too far... would be nice for this to be optional, enspesually if its within shooting distance (kuz of portal: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=30457 )

Offline Gotfryd

• Camper
  • realistic rules!
Re: server anti-hack flag return
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 06:44:52 am »
when MovePlayering, it returns the flag when going too far...
I don't understand. Can you explain it?

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 01:27:28 am »
In the ScriptCore, there is a function called MovePlayer, which... er... moves the player. :P

If you happen to move the player too far, and they are holding the flag, well, the flag disappears. Annoying, but I don't think it's part of the anti-cheat. Is it?
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Gotfryd

• Camper
  • realistic rules!
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 01:47:55 am »
All right, I understand. I'm not familiar with writing scripts, so I didn't knew that its a command :) Thank you.
I agree that this should be optional, unless its due to anti-cheat or something. F12.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 01:51:43 am by Gotfryd »

Offline MetalWarrior

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 05:53:52 am »
Splitting the moveplayer into sections can work in some situations but there is the potential to warp into a deadly poly in one of the sections which makes it impractical for the purpose DorkeyDear refers to.

Offline MetalWarrior

• Major(1)
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 05:41:40 am »
It does it over small(ish) distances sometimes. I have no idea what is causing this but it happens with just MovePlayer (i.e. the rest of the mentioned script stripped out). Anyone know why? Or a good way around this?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 01:12:12 pm by MetalWarrior »

Offline MetalWarrior

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 03:31:37 pm »
Found the problem. You can't move a player within a certain distance of the edge of the map without it returning the flag and giving you full health. The solution is to create 'unused' polygons further off the map to increase the range.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 07:22:15 pm »
That's only one problem, warrior, and that's caused by sending them outside the borders of the map.

Curt is talking about warping someone too far when they have the flag. If you MovePlayer them over too far of a distance (like what can happen in SoldatPortal when you go through a portal), the flag returns. Different problem.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline MetalWarrior

• Major(1)
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 05:59:21 pm »
I know the problem he was referring to. Not sure why but it can be solved using the above solution. I have tried and tested it and it works.