Author Topic: Crazy Comebacks. What's Yours?  (Read 4567 times)

Offline decoy.

• Soldier
  • All in the mind.
    • Paradigis
Crazy Comebacks. What's Yours?
« on: October 13, 2008, 04:03:20 am »
I just came from playing in a crazy comeback on Snake_Bite CTF. I think it was a TBA server.

Originally I was at a loss because I consider myself to be a good m79 user and there was none. So of course I have to learn to adjust. My team, alpha, was on a losing streak of some sort for the past couple of matches. And this one started like the others. Before I realized it, we were no caps against a team that had 5 down and five to go.

Although I cannot recall what proceeded in the midst of it all, my team took to catching up from nothing to tie at 5. From there it became heated, in regards to both teams trying to break a tie that would not seem to bear.

6 - 6
7 - 6
7 - 7
7 - 8

Somewhere towards the end, me and someone else for an assist, I think it was between someone named Ninja indirectly and someone named Kozak (can't recall exactly. K had a clan's acronym b4 his name I think), were really pressuring the other team. At one point I thought I screwed up, bringing the other team to 8 points when I, at 6 percent health, dropped the flag at the spawning point where my allies since I saw by the name on the edge of the screen turn red, that one died and was due to return. However he did not quite move to get the flag after wards as an enemy swooped in, stole the unguarded flag and died by either fire from me or the man just respawning.

A little later, with my hp at 13% and a ready ally within range for a good catch of the flag, I passed it to him before running through the mid portion that healing platform. I expected for him to remain back at the base but oddly enough he continued. So I covered him on his route to the enemy base. I believe he went ahead to recover the flag while I purposely remained behind enemy lines to tend to his would be pursuers. I believe he was quite swift in his return to base because I recall a cap sometime after. Likely I died but I cannot remember if I did or not to have their flag for the last cap.

No wait, I died. Because the score was now 9 - 9 as I realized while midway through the underground tunnel running with the flag. When I first snatched the flag for the last cap, I proceed to the pathway below. By habit I jumped forward to run quicker down the passageway. By fortune, the efc's timely fire happen to miss me, but the splash damage beneath me reduced my health to 33%. Again I had assistance behind me too. I was considering passing it to him since I suffered damage I would less than likely survive with but there were three issues. He was behind me. Once known we were below, the enemy would surely pursue, and breaking my momentum of movement is the one thing that could slow me down. So for dear life, I continued to run, disregarding the EFC behind me who was doing the same.

Another comes towards me with a barrett but to my surprise, rushing a sniper with direct spray from an AK can go a long way, especially since I'm not use to using Auto's. He died in my wake. Someone else dropping into the tunnel died trying to stop me from exiting. And as I came out, I guess through practice in the saw servers, I rolled (Yes rolling can avoid saw if used with good judgment.) below a barely descending saw user. Any adjustment in aim could have meant my demise. While now hovering off of the platform behind the saw man who carried too much momentum to turn back, I opened fire and finished him off. And still I was low on health.

I returned to the spawning point hoping that I would survive. Within the next six seconds or so, the flag returns. And I tried to throw a preemptive nade down a passage way through the mid section that leads from the healing area. Oops. Hit a collider. Did not die though. Just lost health. Anyway, I scored the last point making the game 10 - 9 and oddly enough putting me in first place in either a 4 on 4 or a 5 on 5 battle.

The next game I tried to spectate to rest but it said spectate was full. So I guess I just had to exit the game to recover. Especially since the next one was...well either B2 or Run. the one with only the blue and red platform for the flag, spawning area behind it, some bit of ice and weather conditions, I think.
[FF|LL|HE[Cide/Decoy/Not Batman!:
[[ 300.91m | sniping distance
[[ 85:0 | kill:death ratio
[[ us.socom | favorite weapon

Offline Farah

• Major
Re: Crazy Comebacks. What's Yours?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 02:29:29 pm »
uh in a gather it was cobra, we were losing 7-2 and managed to win 9-8 in 5 minutes. no idea how it happened but it felt awesome
<EnEsCe> you challenge me I will make your Soldat life a living hell.

Offline Jeffy

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 12:35:10 pm »
It was a simple deathmatch up to 30. I joined the server late and some players were already at 16 when I had 0 kills.
I managed to pull it off, snag the 30 points for the win, while the other players were still floating around 25 kills.
All thanks to the barret!
Spaz 12 FTW

Offline TD

• Major(1)
  • TD{W.N.P} 1v1, I'll take you.
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 03:06:47 pm »
I pulled a fairly fantastic comeback in a deathmatch round, can't remember the level.

I started off really weak, only four kills and it stayed that way until the leader had about 15 kills. I'll admit, I was a little frightened at that point. But somehow I managed to catch up with and overcome the top player with skillful application of the MP5. It was amazing, but the exhilaration I got from winning the round was ten times better.

Moral of the story: use the MP5
I contend that we are both Atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you. When you understand why you dismiss all other gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.

-Stephen Roberts