Author Topic: ctf_Ayo  (Read 1145 times)

Offline jerich

• Camper
ctf_Ayo
« on: October 24, 2008, 05:45:43 pm »
Sorry Map Team that I haven't been on. I just got a little time today and yesterday to fix Ayo up.
Clan: R7 | The Ruthless

Offline Biggles

• Flagrunner
  • Mapping rotating
Re: ctf_Ayo
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 05:50:39 pm »
Looks nice going to download it later and try it then I can say more about it I guess the mapping team will test it soon.

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 01:51:43 am »
Shading somewhat of my old map... http://tms.jrgp.org/?map=25
Looks prretty basic, get a maptest going and I'll be happy to join in.

Offline Prisma

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 07:56:05 am »
Just a quite unuseful comment: Your .pms data is ctf_ayo instead of ctf_Ayo. You'd better correct it, so it's not confusing, etc...

We may test the map soon; on the first look I'd say it looks really interesting. Lez see...

Edit1:
Ok, I played it a bit and I really like the concept and especially the look. I think it's not thaaaat fast-paced, however there will be a huge fight to catch the flagger and it will stick in the middle. So it's getting very exciting and just cool thus the flexible middle. But, I am missing something: There could be something kinda small tunnel from top to middle with only "bullets collide", so if the efc is at top you can still catch him in middle. Otherwise the team mates of the flagger will just defend the middle and efc himself can kill his followers. So it's quite hard to get the flagger; only way would be to go low, but then it's kinda hard to fly up and get the flagger before he already capped. But just my thoughts... lez see how it plays at 3on3 when we will test it at #soldat.mapping (join ;C).
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 08:05:56 am by Prisma »

Offline zakath

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
    • Soldatladder
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 01:16:53 pm »
Played it with the #soldat.mapping ppl and I have to say that it was a fun map however  there are some polybugs and imho I felt that there are perhaps to many medikits/grenadekits other then that it was a good map :D

#soldat.mapping - #soldat.inc - #soldatladder - #soldat.gather.nordic

Offline Biggles

• Flagrunner
  • Mapping rotating
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 07:46:04 pm »
Agree with Zakath its a very good map and gameplay works just fine I liked the small platforms at the upper middle. Also the looks are quite nice. Confusing sometimes when someone got so fast at our base. Doing m79 boost was really fun :)

Offline jerich

• Camper
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 09:50:03 pm »
Which nade/med spawns should i remove? I'm glad to see positive comments but I'm sure there is still stuff I can fix.

Offline Sir Jeremy

• Flagrunner
  • Eurolicous!
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 11:19:10 pm »
Sit in one base, and just snipe into the other base. :)
I like the colouring alot and the top part how it looks like.
And yes, a bit too many med kits/health packs; but great look.

Offline zakath

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
    • Soldatladder
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 07:34:17 am »
About the kits: Imho they should always be placed so that they aid escape and will be a risk to take ie leave flag unguarded so in this Case I would put on each side in the lower route and on on each side in the upper route a bit away from your base so that if you want to replenish health you have to leave the flag out of sight.

#soldat.mapping - #soldat.inc - #soldatladder - #soldat.gather.nordic

Offline jerich

• Camper
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 11:53:36 am »
Nade and health spawns are indeed crucial. The way that you are setting it up makes the map defense friendly. What I mean is the fact that the meds are away from the flag is already advantage for the defenders to quickly take out the flag carrier. If you leave nades and meds on the flag, you give a better chance for the flagger to escape and have an easier time because they are replenished. And IMO, the most exciting part of soldat is when there are flag carriers escaping. It's crazy and chaotic. I do have to lessen the amount though. I was thinking of removing the meds in front of each base and removing the nades low. I think its important to keep both meds and nades in the flag spawn so it wont be a low scoring snakebite map.

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2008, 12:33:40 pm »
My suggestion for medics are that u get rid all of middle medics: No center medic, no flag spawn medic, no other mid route medics, medics at bottom are good. You could place another medic next to top player spawns.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 12:35:59 pm by Suowarrior »