Author Topic: Registering doesn't work?  (Read 2572 times)

Offline Superior

• Major(1)
Registering doesn't work?
« on: December 20, 2008, 05:40:20 pm »
I'm having trouble with registering on my new computer.  It runs on 64-bit Vista, and I've tried multiple times to register it, each time trying something a little different.  Nothing has worked, and the game runs fine.  I've registered before on my XP computer.  Are there any known problems with registering on Vista?

Offline LeSeN

• Major(1)
Re: Registering doesn't work?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 09:06:40 pm »
ok im just wondering when you register are you ordering a disk or what?

Offline JupiterShadow

• Camper
  • MS Paint + Adobe Lighting effects FTW!
    • 55274-640-8484137-23948
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 02:37:03 am »
When you register soldat. An email is sent to your email adress with a serial key and a registration applet. Just run the applet and enter your serial in the field specified and click the "register" button. Btw, Soldat never came on CD...

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 02:37:58 am »
No, when you register you get an email with a long code and a little file to download. You download this little file to your soldat folder, run it, then copy + paste the code in the email into the little file and click Ok. Then you are registered.

I'm having trouble with registering on my new computer.  It runs on 64-bit Vista, and I've tried multiple times to register it, each time trying something a little different.  Nothing has worked, and the game runs fine.  I've registered before on my XP computer.  Are there any known problems with registering on Vista?
What methods have you tried?

You can probably manually enter the code (from the email) into the Windows Registry (using regedit.exe) in the spot where Soldat looks, that might work but I'm not sure where that spot is.
There are other worlds than these

Offline JupiterShadow

• Camper
  • MS Paint + Adobe Lighting effects FTW!
    • 55274-640-8484137-23948
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 02:39:07 am »
Lol, nice timing jrgp.

Offline Superior

• Major(1)
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 07:35:13 pm »
After looking at some more recent posts at the forum (and after i felt like trying to get it working again), I did get it to register properly.  The registration tool didn't like my key, so i copied the registry value from my xp computer to my vista computer and it worked. :D