Author Topic: Controlling images (move/stretch/transparent/rotate/...)  (Read 1171 times)

Offline Serial K!ller

• Camper
    • Soldat Mods Archive
Controlling images (move/stretch/transparent/rotate/...)
« on: January 06, 2009, 03:14:59 pm »
GIF's will be in the next version but it would be cool if you where able to control an image so you can make it move/stretch/transparent/rotate (using DirectX functions) so it's more resource friendly for some animations but I guess that would take more work to implement.

f.e.
- a light that fades in, stays on, fades out, stays off in a loop to create a broken TL lamp.
- Moving one or more images to create special effects like clouds or fire instead of a big GIF or APNG.
- A moving vehicle (f.e. a Jetplane),  with APNG or GIF you would need an image as wide as the map and a lot of frames to make it look good/smooth but that would be very inefficient and would most likely create lag.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 03:16:54 pm by Serial K!ller »

Offline KYnetiK

• Camper
  • Something Else
    • KYnetiK ART
Re: Controlling images (move/stretch/transparent/rotate/...)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 10:13:56 am »
Good point, and Im glad that someone is aware of the limitations of an internally animated rectangle. My question is, how do we manipulate this proposed control? Through the server scripts?
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn’t work that way. So I stole a bike and then asked for forgiveness.

[Barret]  /  [saw]
*Shakes Fist*

Offline Serial K!ller

• Camper
    • Soldat Mods Archive
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 12:58:12 pm »
I assume you would define it in the mapmaker similar to controlling images in video editor programs.

Maybe being able to add certain triggers could make it usable for scripting.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 01:04:01 pm by Serial K!ller »

Offline KYnetiK

• Camper
  • Something Else
    • KYnetiK ART
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 11:48:57 pm »
But the mapformat wont be changing, so Im not anticipating this to be done as much as I love the idea. Perhaps MM has considered things like this for LinkDead.
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn’t work that way. So I stole a bike and then asked for forgiveness.

[Barret]  /  [saw]
*Shakes Fist*

Offline Gotfryd

• Camper
  • realistic rules!
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 03:00:13 pm »
F12, but I'm pretty sure it'd be hard work to implement.
So I'd probably put it along other "wishes for future".

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
  • Wherever Justice needs to be served.
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 05:57:25 am »
I'd like it, maybe a "set object motion path" type function for clouds and planes, it could also be curved so you could have Artiller at the back, and some deep "BooM"