Poll

Creation or Evolution (or half-n-half)?

Creation
Evolution
Half-n-Half

Author Topic: Creation or Evolution?  (Read 8629 times)

Offline Lt. Sprizz

• Major
  • I'm sorry if I offended you.
Creation or Evolution?
« on: January 23, 2009, 06:12:08 pm »
Serious discussion, because right now I'm really not sure what to think. I like to straddle the line, saying that we may have come from apes, but that God had a hand in our evolutionary process. Is that cheating my way out of a tough question?

Anyway, your opinion. Quotes from smart people help, as well as sources, but you can just post your opinion if you want to.

Poll added please leave your vote!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 07:51:36 pm by Lt. Sprizz »
"I am Jack's lack of surprise..." ~(Tyler Durden)
-=::SPOILER::=-
Edward Norton and Brad Pitt are the same person...:)
In-game: \Biz|Niz/

Offline Wolf_Man

• Camper
  • I'm everything you're not watching.
Re: Creation or Evolution?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 06:13:35 pm »
Its a little of both, in my beliefs. Something had to be created somehow. Then it probably evolved from that single celled organism to how we are today.

I mean look at the proof, we still start out as single celled organisms, then grow to an average human baby size in 9 months.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 06:18:58 pm by Wolf_Man »
he has eyebrows of authority + 5. Are you kidding?

Offline Thinkto urself

• Flagrunner
  • grrrrr
    • sup
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 06:18:08 pm »
cell'd
IT'S SPELLED CELLED.
Anyways, to be honest, I don't really care. What matters is we're not blobs.

"An anomaly of the sea, shrouded in ubiquitous clouds, a mystery to the man as black holes to the world's smartest physicists"

Offline Wolf_Man

• Camper
  • I'm everything you're not watching.
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 06:19:17 pm »
What do you mean thinkto? You little faker D:
he has eyebrows of authority + 5. Are you kidding?

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 08:02:24 pm »
It doesn't matter.

Personally I fall under the both category, the amino acid soup theory thing sounds a lot like God raised Adam from the Earth, to me at least. But I don't know, will never know, that is probably incorrect, and it doesn't matter in the slightest.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 08:14:15 pm »
I mean look at the proof, we still start out as single celled organisms, then grow to an average human baby size in 9 months.
That has to be the worst proof of anything I've ever laid eyes on.

Normally stupidity doesn't bother me this much, but someone out there might actually believe that thats actually anywhere near a decent proof.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 08:36:09 pm »
creationism doesn't make any sense.

Also there was some article about people who believe in creationism are worse at seeing the "bigger picture".
I'm not in special ED therefore I do not believe in creationism.
Always remember the succubus...

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 09:11:59 pm »
HERE WE GO AGAIN [retard]

You're all wrong.

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 09:31:13 pm »
It doesn't matter.

Without evolution as a guide to potential scientific advances, much of modern medicine would never exist. It matters that at least the people figuring out how to keep you alive longer continue to believe its veracity.

"“The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr”"

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009, 09:49:36 pm »
Uhm.

Evolution in biology aside, the rules and workings of it have proven to be working in other fields aswell. It's just a few basics laws working their way up into a much bigger scale: survival of the fitest, paired up with the most lucky, the aim for simplicity, and that features are only worth it if they don't consume too much energy. To my understanding these things have been witnessed in economics, mechanics, computing, and probably half a dozen other fields aswell - however, this is an arbitary example for my point.

Evolution does not necessarily exclude creation - well, it depends on what you mean by the former. Contemporary creationists drop into two holes: first of all they draw an image of evolution for themselfes and just erase it or strike out saying it's wrong, or try to fill out the holes with God. Neither is very good practice: the former needs no explanation, because it's just due to lack of knowledge or poor understanding, while the latter one is just in-the-box thinking.

It's not that my theory is all out revolutionary - I just like to think of something far greater than what we have already observed, and that thing, call it God if you will, has created the rules that what we work by - one such rule is evolution (while the other rules would be the laws of physics, for instance). This leads to a bunch of thought games - like, if he's omniscent, he threw the mixture together on purpouse and he'd knew this would be the outcome. If he just snorted in a bad dream, and we're the consequence, then he still has enough power to just hop in into our world and throw in a whooole lot of religions to explain it all with MAGIC (until we find out more, obviously).

How'z that?

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2009, 10:32:11 pm »
The chicken or the egg? There has to be a creator or an event that creates us in the first place, but where did these things come from?

Then there's evolution. You can see natural selection going on, picking the best genes to adapt to the environment and then passing them on to the next generation. The problem is, what started all these?

Offline n00bface

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2009, 11:42:53 pm »
The problem is, what started all these?
The most plausible answer is your mom.  She's so huge.

After your mom though, I have a firm belief in evolution because I caught my dad stuffing my Christmas stockings and throwing away the cookies I made for Santa.  And I was really good that year, so it's not because I was on "Santa's" naughty list.  The only conclusion I could draw was that Santa Claus was not real, and if Santa wasn't real, then neither is God.  Because there is only one God, and that's the Christian god, and He does not exist - how can He when the reality of Saint Nicholas is so easily contested???  One of them is just a Saint!  There are Saints all over the place - your mom was a saint (for example)

Offline Sir Jeremy

• Flagrunner
  • Eurolicous!
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 11:53:11 pm »
Well, for me, I believe in Creation..don't feel like starting another huge argument here again, so that's pretty much all I'm going to say.

How about you add a poll mate? ;)

Offline mar77a

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • mad
    • random stuffs
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2009, 12:11:35 am »
The chicken or the egg?

The chicken, if the egg would've been first it would be a special egg that doesn't require a chicken hatching it and thus it would 'give birth' to a chicken that lays eggs than don't need hatching. But eggs need hatching, so it has to be the other option.

IM AWESOME HAHA BOMBEd

edit: err... oops by hatching i meant like the chicken taking care of the egg before it hatches... f*,,,,,

btw i agree with demonic

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2009, 01:26:57 am »
Son of a bitch, I hate this... Well, probably some retarded soil got mixed up with water, then water and soil made the moss. Then a mutated moss made a first living cell. Then we all know what Mrs. Garrison will say.
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2009, 01:56:10 am »
Maybe neither, although evolution is pretty well documented; e.g.: you take 10 plants and kill the short ones, let them keep on pollinating each other and your plants dna will be eventually be ironed out to bigger plants, natural selection & evolution go hand in hand most people just don't think for themselves. Maybe you are a figment of your own imagination?

Offline miles moses

• Major(1)
  • BINGO BANGO BONGO
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2009, 06:40:22 am »
If the fish swam out of the ocean
and grew legs and they started walking
and the apes climbed down from the trees
and grew tall and they started talking

and the stars fell out of the sky
and my tears rolled into the ocean
now i'm looking for a reason why
you even set my world into motion

THIS NEVER ENDS WELL STOP NOW
I DON'T WANNA LEAVE THE CONGO
OH NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOO

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2009, 06:28:35 pm »
I'll keep this short...

Evolution.

If you disagree then you're wrong, uneducated, ignorant and I recommend since you have the internet at your disposal that you use it properly and actually educate yourself by researching about evolution instead of listening to mentally ill religious leaders who promote biased, unrealistic and downright fallacious interpretations of it in some attempt to discredit it in the eyes of anybody thick-skulled enough to give them the time of day.

Also: There's no evolution in scripture regardless of how much conjecture you feel like generating on your hair-brained interpretation of it. Creation and evolution do not go together unless you're desperate.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline GSx_Major

• Major
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2009, 06:58:30 pm »
If people want to question evolution, fine. But, religious people? Don't they see the irony in claiming there isn't enough evidence for it? If you want to believe God made plants before he made the sun, go ahead. Woman out of a mans rib? Sure. You wanna believe in ghosts, zombies or pokémon, alright. Knock yourself out.

But please, if you're gonna believe the bible, then believe all of it. I dare you... :P

[Clicky] (and spend a couple of hours reading)

Oh,
...and headbutt the sucker through your banana suit!

Offline Diormeh

• Major(1)
    • Diomreh-GE
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2009, 07:03:58 pm »
creation.
i shall say no more to avoid having argument against me...