Author Topic: Mexico---Deathmatch map by Drag  (Read 1545 times)

Offline Dragstie

• Camper
  • Soldat mapper
Mexico---Deathmatch map by Drag
« on: January 28, 2009, 02:24:02 pm »
WzzP gays and guys....

after my last map db_Desert i decided to make a Deatmatch map with the same texture and some of the same layout:) so i did.....

the sceneries are shadowed down in the ground variating to the sun rays...

the jet fuel is 70 so with a bit of skills you can reach the left top:)

ive placed invisible walls some squares behind the edge of the top sides.. so you cant fly out

also for Hide n seek i made em icy and pointing a little towards middle of map=no wallcliming:)

ive also made some sandstorm feeling in the map by fading a cloud then scaling it and placed it in the middle of the map so it covers the whole area more or less:)

you should play the map to get the full feeling of the cloud sandstorm because it aint as noticeable on the picture as in the map

well thats all i can say:)

comment and critic  ::)

Offline zakath

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
    • Soldatladder
Re: Mexico---Deathmatch map by Drag
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 03:40:10 pm »
I like the shading on the map other that I can't really comment on it as I don't play deathmatch.

#soldat.mapping - #soldat.inc - #soldatladder - #soldat.gather.nordic

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 05:07:15 pm »
This reminds a little of a texas showdown, just if it didn't have the thing in the middle :D.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 02:13:49 am »
Texture is ugly as hell. Polygons has shape of typical "just learned multitexture".
Which mean the look was supposed to be nice, which doesn't even look nice.
I didn't- or will download it so can't rate gameplay -- my instincts are saying it'll suck bumpy ass anyways. There doesn't seem to have any hiding spots, this would end up being a jetbattle.

You need to have more creativity with polygons.
And make more tunnels and such so people can somehow screw from behind.
And stop doing that half-assed fx-sun in your every map.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 02:19:23 am by smiluu »

Offline Dragstie

• Camper
  • Soldat mapper
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 08:10:11 am »
well first... íts not an fx sun....

secound... the idea of this map was to make a small 3-4 players instant battle with the pillar in the middle to mark 2 battle areas but so you can still travel from area 1 to 2

but otherwise.. thanks for the tips:)

DarkCrusade

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 10:36:53 am »
Hmm, this map wont be playable as a good deathmatch map, look on other maps from default and you will see what´s wrong! You are starting to learn how to multitexture the right way, I see there some improvements to your latest maps, so try more!

The problem is, that like you have already mentioned there are 2 battle arenas. A deathmatch-map needs the flow, you should have the possibility to rotate like on all the default-maps.

My suggestion: Make a little tunnel under this pillar in the middle to get instant access of rotation, it will be more playable than now, after that we can see what´s to do next ;)

Offline MyiEye

• Soldier
  • .<><| `Homie
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 07:10:03 pm »
Yeah I'm with DarkCrusade, you need more flow and shelter in my opinion, unless of course you're going for one big gun battle, not my style, but whatever works for ya
"I gotta live like Jacob more holy less hip, by his grace Sho Baraka gone spit the real, been doing that Reach life before I got the deal, called to make mini-me's till the day that I die, so on my tombstone say, "he didn't die he multiplied"!"                                                  - Sho Baraka