Author Topic: Server Problem?  (Read 1312 times)

Offline StuSellers

• Major(1)
Server Problem?
« on: August 03, 2006, 05:12:52 am »
I was brought to this game by a friend of mine and he has made a server for me to join (so we can fight together without anyone else coming in) but I cannot join, it just keeps coming up "Requesting Game...". It is also the same when I make a server and he tries to join it, yet if we both join somebody elses server, it works perfectly (only theres also other players there or come in after a few minutes).

I dont know what is wrong and perhaps if someone has had the same problem and fixed it, could they help me out please?

Offline StuSellers

• Major(1)
Re: Server Problem?
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 07:46:32 am »
Well I live in Spain, he lives in Turkey and we both have 1024 kbps internet.

Can it be the reason?

Offline chrisgbk

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 10:35:01 pm »
The reason is most likely a firewall/port forwarding issue. Please read the first 2 stickies that FliesLikeABrick linked to, as they provide sufficient information to solve the problem, or in the event you have further problems, list the minimal information you need to provide to us in order to help you.

Offline Ghell

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 03:44:45 pm »
Also, once the server is up and the ports are open, on the client computer you wish to connect find it in this list
http://www.selfkill.com:13073/
and click on the link to your server, this ensures that it shows up in the list and you have the correct port etc as long as you see it there and click the link.