Author Topic: Crazy Man Breaks Into My House  (Read 2429 times)

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
Crazy Man Breaks Into My House
« on: April 22, 2009, 06:50:33 am »
I'm making dinner for my roommates after a party when a very drunk and drugged out man barges in the front door. My roommate's boyfriend, Jorge, who is heavily inebriated himself, is the first to try to help the man. Instead, the crazy man freaks out and begins attacking him, but Jorge is too drunk to fight back. Being the only man of the house with three other women as roommates, it was my responsibility to take care of the situation.

I jump into the fray and put the crazy man into a choke hold to pull him to the ground, then instruct the women to pull Jorge to safety and lock themselves in a room. They do. Now I'm alone with a crazy man who is obsessed with fighting me -- killing me, he says, is the only justice in the world.

For an entire hour, I continue to wrestle with the man on my floor; breaking bottles and chairs. I'm a pacifist, so I was only trying to exhaust him -- until he began repeatedly headbutting me in the face and punching me, that is. I'm left to my only remaining option: I beat him until he stops resisting, then throw him outside and lock the door.

Minutes later, the man punches through my front window, begins clearing the remaining glass out of the way, and tries to crawl in. By this point, I've called a close friend who lives down the street to come help me. Together, we remove the bloody man from my window and chase him down the street. I tell the women to get in the car and drive to a friend's place.

Then I realize that I'm going to have to go out and find the crazy man. That I'm going to have to make sure he's safe and healthy and that the police don't find him. Because that crazy man is also my best friend.

Tonight, my best friend made the mistake of taking drugs that he was unfamiliar with -- he wasn't even certain what they were. The end result was that he literally lost his mind and began fighting all of his best friends in some strange attempt to win a match that never even existed.

Most of you know my stance on drug policy and drug use: do whatever it is that you want to do to your own mind as long as you can control yourself. In other words, be responsible. To ensure that you don't make the same mistake my friend did, these are some general guidelines:
  • Know what drugs you are taking and what the proper dose is for the specific quality of drug you're ingesting. Learn to recognize what the drugs you use should look like -- if they look any different, don't buy them. If it's your first time, bring a fellow user to help you identify what to buy.
  • Buy from a respectable dealer that you either have a history with or one who was recommended by a knowledgeable friend.
  • Never buy or use any drugs that are mixed in such ways that you can't verify the contents of the drug or the proportion of drug mixtures.
  • If it's your first time, use with a knowledgeable friend and one who is a responsible sitter.
  • Always let close friends know what drugs you're taking. This is necessary for the proper treatment during an overdose or to prevent dangerous contraindications.
  • Never take more than you're comfortable with or significantly more than you have before. Work your way up towards larger doses rather than diving straight in.

I am in no way advocating recreational drug use, by the way, just advising.

Now I'm going to go tend to my wounds. My face is bleeding and swollen, my ankle is sprained, and my dinner is cold. And I never found my friend. Here's to his health and sanity. And here's hoping none of you make the same damned mistake.

"“The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr”"

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
Re: Crazy Man Breaks Into My House
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 06:55:56 am »
Did anybody bother to call the police? Nieghbor's and shit like that?

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 06:57:36 am »
Well, I'm epicly sorry to hear that about your friend. Good luck finding him.

I'd love to see pictures of your house after the fight though, broken glass and blood stains and stuff. I'd find that very interesting.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 07:05:09 am »
Your life sure isn't boring.

Also maximum respect for handling the situation as you did - most people would've let the guy loose after such an incident.

Hope you find him later and he's well, so this will be something to laugh about in a few years time. Once the scars heal up.

Offline JFK

• Camper
    • My TraxInSpace Account
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 08:50:58 am »
I help you hope your friend is ok. One of my old friends got stuck in a trip, after a period of loads of (proper) drugs. He came to us with storys about camera's in trees and a chip in is head. He behaved very unrealistic, like some crazy person from a movie, but it was damned real. Me and my friends tried to help, but there's little you can do. People didn't want to take him in their homes because he'd basically made you crazy as well, eventually everybody just cut him loose.

It's been 4 years now and the guy is still mentally very unstable. He can manage on his own thanks to medication, but if he quits it there's a big chance he'll be wandering the streets again.

Some extra advice: Even when taking 'proper' drugs, always keep your usage within boundries. Especially when talking about psychedelic drugs (LSD, mushrooms). Doing that stuff like every week will get to you eventually.
Come join: EliteCTF
Listen to: My Music

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 09:16:46 am »
Did anybody bother to call the police? Nieghbor's and s**t like that?

That's the part that I don't understand. With all the yelling and window-breaking, you'd think someone would notice and call the cops for us. In fact, we have two cops each living within 100 feet of our house and they either heard nothing or decided to do nothing.

Well, I'm epicly sorry to hear that about your friend. Good luck finding him.

I'd love to see pictures of your house after the fight though, broken glass and blood stains and stuff. I'd find that very interesting.

Too bad. I've been washing the blood off of everything for the past few hours and cleaning up the glass for two reasons. First, the front of my house, my walkway, driveway, car, and sidewalk were all spattered with gobs of blood from my fleeing friend (and before you mention it, we tried following the drops of blood to find him but the trail stops a few feet away from my property) and there's shattered glass all over our porch. I didn't want our neighbors to become suspicious or worried, so all signs of violence have been gone since first light. Second, my roommates were fairly traumatized by the whole thing, even just from being locked in a room for an hour listening to the fight. They never saw the blood, glass, and broken furniture inside the house before they ran out to the car and I intend to keep them from seeing it when they return.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 09:19:13 am by VijchtiDoodah »

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 09:25:27 am »
You should do a month or so of wrestling, just learn some basic take-downs and pins. They come in handy very often when dealing with drunk people as I've been told.

Off on a tangent, but the way this is written is a bit sexist don't you think? You talk about women as if they are completely incapable of keeping themselves safe.
Being the only man of the house with three other women as roommates, it was my responsibility to take care of the situation.
then instruct the women to pull Jorge to safety and lock themselves in a room. They do.

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
  • oh god: blowjobs
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 09:32:22 am »
this is a lesson on why you should lock your front door

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 09:50:32 am »
Two healthy grown men fighting is a sight you would spare from the people you treasure. Faux anti-sexism aside, that was probably the safest thing to do.

How injured are you vij?

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 09:50:51 am »
Great pill, should become a standard issue for all military personnel.
Always remember the succubus...

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2009, 10:33:17 am »
That sounds so fucked up. And you haven't heard a word from him then? If you have, do you by any chance know what he'd been taking?

And yeah man, are you okay?
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
  • oh god: blowjobs
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2009, 10:38:28 am »
out of interest vijchti i know you said that he didnt know what drugs he took but do you know

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2009, 10:52:20 am »
Good luck finding yer friend Vijchti. Hope he's well...
Text goes here...

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2009, 11:41:55 am »
@Demonic and echo: I'm not too banged up. I have a nasty knot on my forehead, another bleeding one on my cheek, my lips are a little puffy, my teeth hurt and my gums were bleeding for a bit, and I have mixed bruises around my torso. At one point I had my legs wrapped around him to keep him subdued on the ground before I realized that he wasn't going to calm down and he managed to bruise my ankle and shin pretty bad by somehow rolling/hopping on my legs. He also got somewhat desperate when I had him in one of my choke holds and he began pulling at individual fingers, so some are a little sore.

Most of the blood was his and most was from cuts on the window, not my punches. Not that I didn't have him bleeding, but those cuts from broken windows gush like nothing else...

iDante, most women are incapable of taking down a grown man, even in numbers. Women aren't built the same way as men, do not have the same muscle mass, and are less inclined towards aggression. Furthermore, most women will look to an alpha male to tell them what to do in these kinds of situations, or else just stand around waiting for instructions. So I told them what to do and reassured them that everything would be fine at the same time. It isn't sexist or misogynistic in any way, but I do recognize the differences between men and women and I'll start barking orders to both if I need things done.

Now for the big question: what did he take? He was trying to take MDMA, but that's obviously not what happened. Based on who he bought it from and what he told me, it might have been crystal meth. But based on some of his behavior it may also have been a low dose of PCP.

Offline jerich

• Camper
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2009, 11:49:17 am »
I would think it would probably be the mixing of alcohol with another substance(s). Mixing substances doesn't add the effect, it multiplies it. And if your friend was that out of sync, he was probably taking a drug laced with a crushed pill or something of that nature.
Clan: R7 | The Ruthless

Offline Sir Jeremy

• Flagrunner
  • Eurolicous!
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2009, 12:38:32 pm »
Ouch..I hope you'll get better Viji, and so will your friend. :-/

Let's hope he learns his lesson. ;)

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2009, 03:33:57 pm »
We found him. He's bloody and still a bit high, but otherwise healthy. I made him apologize to the other roommates. Now he's trying to decompress and mend his relationship with me, but I'm not going to make it easy for him.

Did I mention that we also share a house? This is going to be an interesting week.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2009, 03:54:19 pm »
You should have shot him on sight.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2009, 04:01:13 pm »
Well if it was any disassociatives expecially if mixed with an amphetamine of any kind that would be understandable. I've had to deal with this kind of shit before it sucks when they are your buddies its a rough spot. Best of luck to the both of you.

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2009, 04:47:52 pm »
That is quite a situation there, Vijtch. But I guess you can say he wasn't in control when it happened, even if that effect was selfinflicted. So what, is it an ultimatum thing? "Shape up or leave the house"?
I fucking miss all you cunts!