Yes / No

F12
21 (60%)
F11
11 (31.4%)
Neither
3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: Spas Suggestion - Make the Spread wider  (Read 5576 times)

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
Spas Suggestion - Make the Spread wider
« on: May 09, 2009, 12:20:55 pm »
This suggestion topic is related to the weapons balance and this thread (please read before voting): http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=34244.0

Since 8th (Skoskav) has recommended that I post the suggestion here:

As emphasized in the recent Spas topic in weapons balance, the Spas is facing a lot of balancing problems. A suggested solution is that the Spas' pellet spread be made wider, possibly increasing the number of pellets to do this.

What do you think?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 09:13:23 pm by STM1993 »

Offline The Epic Guy

• Soldier
  • No more foreplay
Re: Spas Suggestion - Make the Spread wider
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 12:23:31 pm »
narrow it more like.

F11

DarkCrusade

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 02:04:29 pm »
Every normal shotgun spreads after a short or a bit longer range in an amount that aiming at your enemy is impossible on a higher distance, and it does not matter whether it is now or in the future. I think the spread of the Spas 12 is too small, you can slow down your foe and do good damage on a distance that is in my opinion too big :(

Yes, make the spread wider, so F12

Offline Farah

• Major
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 04:01:06 pm »
which would pretty much be descreasing it's speed. yeah it's overpowered at the moment! the 75% bullet push didn't warrant it's boost.
<EnEsCe> you challenge me I will make your Soldat life a living hell.

Offline fulro

• Camper
  • |F|ront-|U|ni de -|L|utte des-|R|aces-|O|pprimees
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 08:10:39 pm »
spas already powerful in game. ta my point of view

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 09:11:51 pm »
narrow it more like.
That'd turn the Spas into Desert Eagles.

which would pretty much be descreasing it's speed.
Not really. The range (bullet speed) is essentially still the same, just that the Spas hits a wider area as it travels.

Did you guys even read the weapons balance thread of the Spas before voting? o.O

DarkCrusade

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 01:57:29 am »
I did ... when reading this ...

I thought this guy was just dumb, but after I thought about him (I saw his thread) I got now he is simply a noob ;) Nah, spas IS overpowered, but making the spread wider makes it less strong, so I dont get your point, fulro. Suggesting things to weaponbalancing or more general things like new weapons should be nailed down by knowing Soldat for one or more years and being good or pro to know what is overpowered ;)

I agree mostly with STM, Spas is already too narrowed :(

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 03:09:46 am »
The sad thing is that the Spas is both underpowered and overpowered at the same time if we just left the spread as it is. It's a piece of crap at long range (which is what it's supposed to be, so that's good), works too well at mid-range and then it is being horribly put down by M79s and grenades at close range, where it is supposed to excel in. However, if not for those factors, the Spas would have been easily well-balanced or even overpowered. Further tweaking it in the usual manner with just the weapon.ini won't solve the problems without turning the Spas into a weapon similar to another or making it worse than it already is. Furthermore, the Spas is one of the most unpopular weapons in Soldat as a result of all these factors.

If you want a bigger spread by NORMAL MEANS, you need to lower bullet speed, which means shortening the range even further and that is going to make the Spas a lot worse, and the spread difference is not a lot and the ability to self-boost is greatly reduced. The other way to balance would have been to increase the bullet speed of the Spas (which also narrows the spread), but that would turn the Spas into DEs/Ruger. From this perspective, you can see that the Spas is practically impossible to balance with only the weapon.ini without screwing up the weapon completely.

In the suggestion, the spread is made wider WITHOUT having to touch the bullet speed at all. The increase in spread would allow it to still have essentially the same close range effectiveness. For longer ranges, it is weaker but still capable of handling itself. With a wider spread, it means much less damage at long range, but it also means it is a bit easier to hit. This also makes the Spas unique rather than being similar to another weapon as well as very much more like a true shotgun, and ultimately this also promotes the usage of Spas.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 03:32:31 am by STM1993 »

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
  • Wherever Justice needs to be served.
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 04:47:51 am »
Truth is, soldat's weapon choosing system is a disadvantage and allows no power weapons. Balancing the spas is really hard. I Vote F12 though.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 08:44:14 am »
Yep, spread it. But then you have to increase push/pellet.
Always remember the succubus...

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2009, 10:15:23 pm »
You argue a good case, STM1993. F12.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2009, 05:12:46 am »
Agreed Spilt.  F12.
"It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels." -- Augustine

Offline Boglizk

• Major
  • Climbing Soldier
    • http://boglizk.blinkenshell.org
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2009, 06:08:34 pm »
Increasing the spread  (and possible nerfing something else?) would make it less of a super-deagles. F12
It's actually possible to see me in game now. lolno

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2009, 06:10:06 pm »
F12 to spreading it and adding more pellets.

Also, make both of those a WM option.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2009, 02:20:26 am »
oh yeah WM sounds cool :)
Can make super boosts with extreme pellets....... etc...
Afraid I was expecting more F12 than that :(
"It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels." -- Augustine

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2009, 04:42:34 am »
F12...spreading would increase power and duration of wider and slightly more accurate hits.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline fulro

• Camper
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2009, 04:38:57 pm »
I did ... when reading this ...

I thought this guy was just dumb, but after I thought about him

I'm not dumb.... I'm n00b either. im just a new player in soldat..5 month only.
my standar point of y spas need wide spread simply no. it useless. 1 reason is already powerful/ 2 it make the spas weak

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2009, 05:32:24 pm »
no. cuz... why? more whine?  it's not overpowered, it can't do shit on long range. keep distance.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 05:34:35 pm by homerofgods »

Offline fulro

• Camper
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2009, 07:09:26 pm »
f11

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2009, 07:30:55 pm »
no. cuz... why? more whine?  it's not overpowered, it can't do shit on long range. keep distance.

The point is, it's too similar to the deagles as of now. Spreading it more would make it more similar to an actual shotgun (doing massive damage up close and less the farther away the target is), and make it more differentiated. Plus, this would be accompanied with a new WM to make it balanced, not in place of one.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2009, 11:33:37 pm »
Well, I've currently come to love the Spaz how it is now -- kinda like a ruger on steroids or a hunting rifle combined with deagles. It's damn near unstoppable, against every other weapon.

But in terms of balance, fairness, etc, it dominates. Nerf it slightly or something. Or make it more realistic and have the spray spread wider than a whores legs. Yeah, do that!

Yess...if you spend enough time mastering the arc and ducking at certain times, it can.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 11:35:50 pm by jrgp »
There are other worlds than these

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2009, 12:56:55 am »
Yeah that 75% push makes it pretty much unstoppable when you're enemy is right in front of you. You can taste death very very fast. Although the extra boost helps when they're further away from you. Spreading it would help lots for accuracy.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2009, 08:42:27 am »
Yeah that 75% push makes it pretty much unstoppable when you're enemy is right in front of you. You can taste death very very fast. Although the extra boost helps when they're further away from you. Spreading it would help lots for accuracy.
I thought 75% ment less boost?

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2009, 08:49:31 pm »
^ 75% bullet push, not 75% boost. That means if I shot someone, they'd be pushed back by 75% compared to old versions, but the boosting power of the Spas remains the same.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2009, 09:02:22 pm »
my standar point of y spas need wide spread simply no. it useless. 1 reason is already powerful/ 2 it make the spas weak
But if it's too powerful, wouldn't making it weaker be a good thing balance-wise?

no. cuz... why? more whine?  it's not overpowered, it can't do s**t on long range. keep distance.
Since the spread is so small, you can kill someone in two-three hits no matter the distance, as long as you see them on your screen. It can do shit on long range.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 09:03:53 pm by SpiltCoffee »
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2009, 06:20:28 am »
If I were to agree to a spread it would have to be a LITTLE adjustment, not much.
the only reason you get most people to say: yes nerf spas!  is that noone uses it.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 04:51:30 am by homerofgods »