Author Topic: ctf_Stoneage v2 - by DarkCrusade  (Read 2346 times)

DarkCrusade

ctf_Stoneage v2 - by DarkCrusade
« on: May 27, 2009, 10:24:56 am »
ctf_Stoneage version 2 - by DarkCrusade

Maybe some of you know ctf_Stoneages first version I made in my mapping beginnings with Mapmaker+ which was also buggy and fun because of the layout :) This version of the map has more battle in open space but also tunnels and close range, the bases are easy to defend. General tactics are straight flying to the other bunker, supermanjetting from above or using the lower route and fly up afterwards to the bunker. The theme is not that well like I wanted it to be since I suck at making large scenery with Photoshop, if somebody could make me the scenery for the middlepart behind the clouds I would be very greatful ;) The playerspawns are on the middle rocks in the bases and in the middle of the tunnels, flags are on the last rocks inside the bunker. You can find medikits on the first rocks in the bases and the grenades spawn below in the tunnels. All bonuses as you play with them will spawn very high in the middle of the map and falling down into the deadly pit that you shouldn´t enter unless you have to grab a flag ;D

I am happy if you like the map the way it is, but suggestions are welcome :)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 10:40:56 am by DarkCrusade »

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
Re: ctf_Stoneage v2 - by DarkCrusade
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 10:33:42 am »
Hmm did I said then that ctf_Stoneage is already used? Well again its used.

Looks cool, though I would see slower blending black than that. Flag & player spawns?

DarkCrusade

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 10:38:38 am »
I forgot to tell, first post updated :)
ctf_Stoneage was played by me by the way ;D

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 06:07:57 pm »
I'm not too fond of jet-duels, sorry :-\

DarkCrusade

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 08:17:34 am »
Yes, lacks a bit of jetting, I will experiment with making the area in the middle smaller, but not in a high amount. Maybe I can change the whole part in the middle to something different or simply follow the base theme; there are many things I can do to make the middle section more accurate and more playable ;D Expect changes on the map! :)

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 05:12:45 pm »
Tested at #soldat.mapping. That center empty area is cool idea, it's too broad at the moment though... I think the bases are fine. Much of polybugs, fix them too.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 07:51:12 am »
Tested at #soldat.mapping. That center empty area is cool idea, it's too broad at the moment though... I think the bases are fine. Much of polybugs, fix them too.
Nice to hear the middle is not that bad ;D I agree to fixing the polybugs, I look forward to it. Would making a hilltheme in the middle be good (like on DeadArea89) or should I try me at making mountains? :)