Author Topic: problem here  (Read 2031 times)

Offline cApOnE

• Major(1)
problem here
« on: July 03, 2009, 06:07:57 am »
Ok when i open soldat everything goes fine, but when i want to play soldat freezes every 10 seconds, its really annoying and i cant play with it.I already reinstall soldat,system (to XP), drivers,Turn videocompability ON,VSync OFF,Run as administrator, just everything what i could to do. I had around 250-300 FPS, without Fullscreen and resize 100%,now around 100 with same settings.Its happening in every version of soldat.

Using:
System - Windows 7
Graphics - ATI Radeon 4850 512 Mb
Processor - INTEL Core 2 Duo E7400
Memory - 4GB

Anybody know how to solve it ?

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
Re: problem here
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 02:37:09 pm »
you say you formated to XP but says you uses Windows7 as your system. if you're using windows7, then you're screwed, better go back to XP.

Offline xurich

• Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 04:42:08 pm »
you say you formated to XP but says you uses Windows7 as your system. if you're using windows7, then you're screwed, better go back to XP.

Pretty much what I've found to be true in my experiences with Windows 7. I've been forced to dual boot with XP just so I can play Soldat. If I try playing on Windows 7, I get awful FPS-type lag every 4-6 seconds or so, making the game very unplayable.

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 12:24:21 am »
Windows 7 is basically not compatible with Soldat now. Vista is although it's got its occasional bugs. Windows 7 is the Release Candidate of new Windows version atm and will be properly released within next year. Although I'm not sure if Soldat will work on the new version if it gets fixed.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 12:52:11 am »
Is it just me, or is someone else also horrified that an OS that almost everyone praises for compatibility and speed cant run Soldat properly?
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 01:41:57 am »
Vista was crap, 7 is crap, too, they donĀ“t think about compatibility except the game is high end and made by Microsoft.

Offline m00`

• Soldier
  • hai guys
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2009, 01:57:35 am »
why is it that new windows OS's cant handle old games I mean whats missing in the new OS that the old OS doesn't have?
cool

Offline xurich

• Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2009, 03:28:53 am »
Windows 7 is basically not compatible with Soldat now. Vista is although it's got its occasional bugs. Windows 7 is the Release Candidate of new Windows version atm and will be properly released within next year. Although I'm not sure if Soldat will work on the new version if it gets fixed.

A lot of players who use Vista have the same issue. The fact that Windows 7 is a release candidate probably doesn't mean much since a release candidate refers to a version of software that is pretty much ready for release barring any fatal bugs that are discovered. I've met one or two Soldat players who can play on Windows 7 without any problems though, so it's definitely not universal.

Is it just me, or is someone else also horrified that an OS that almost everyone praises for compatibility and speed cant run Soldat properly?

I run Windows 7 RC as my main OS and haven't experienced a problem with any other piece of software aside from Soldat. Maybe the problem lies more with Soldat than the operating system. Either way, a problem like this could really limit the lifespan of the game as more people come to use next generation operating systems.