Author Topic: m_BlackRock  (Read 3950 times)

Offline p0ppin

• Camper
  • Soldat Mapmaker
m_BlackRock
« on: July 06, 2009, 10:22:22 pm »
The imposing figure of Black Rock looms ahead... :P

Made this map for Why's new mountain climbing server, hope you like it lol :).

Height: about 7000ish units tall (whatever PW measures that in)
Medikits: None, tough luck guys ;)
Regen spots: 1, I was feeling generous 8)
Difficulty: Hard - climbing exp. recommended!!! :o
Successfully Climbed: Once, without saves [retard].

Good luck, and God bless :P
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline _Why

• Major(1)
Re: m_BlackRock
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 11:33:01 pm »
Uploaded to server!

Offline _Why

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 11:46:04 pm »
I was climbing this thing, and in about 7 minutes I got up to the sign that had the arrow pointing left, and I was like "Finally.."

Then, my mistake, I pressed F2, and I said

"God Help Us."

Offline p0ppin

• Camper
  • Soldat Mapmaker
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 12:24:51 am »
Hehehe

Climber, "God...when will this map END!?"

God, "Never, keep climbing."

You said not to half-ass it :P
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 12:37:53 am »
For some reason when I play test it offline, I keep spawning at the top of the map.

Otherwise, how do you get the jumping aspects correct?  Lots of testing to see what is actually playable, or a good eye?
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline p0ppin

• Camper
  • Soldat Mapmaker
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 12:59:42 am »
Make sure you're on alpha team geo, and make sure you're on ctf mode (if its on DM, its probably using the flags as a spawn point).

As for playability, I've capped it myself so it's definitely possible :P

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 01:10:23 am »
Yea, the map name threw me for a loop at first before I renamed it. :p

Also, that didn't really answer my question, but at least I know the map is playable.

Offline p0ppin

• Camper
  • Soldat Mapmaker
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 01:49:03 am »
Oh I must have misunderstood, sorry :o  Do you mean like... how do can I guesstimate how far away I should make the gaps and such? =P

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 02:12:05 am »
Exactly.  The height between jumps, distance, etc.  For a map that tall, I was wondering if you just had an eye for the rough estimates or actually play tested each bit as you mapped.  Obviously you have to try it out to make sure it's climable. :p

While I have theme ideas, I've never made a map like this before.  So I'm curious.

Offline p0ppin

• Camper
  • Soldat Mapmaker
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2009, 02:14:13 am »
Well I've been a climber for a while now... its probably easier for me to judge jumping distances and stuff than other mappers :P  Its not too hard once you get the hang of it! :)

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2009, 07:53:19 am »
The third jump got in my nerves... It took me like 3 minutes to realize how to do it. Map overall is nice, the theme, too. You made a nice noobfilter at the beggining, and also a few , very triky parts. afaik the map is hosted now in 2 different servers.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 01:17:28 pm by ~Niko~ »

Offline -Zombie-

• Camper
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2009, 08:20:59 am »
That map is hard! I got up to the healing point but died on the next jump. Btw, is it possible to cap this map by going around the other way? (The way without the healing point)

A truly awsome map. 5/5

Offline p0ppin

• Camper
  • Soldat Mapmaker
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2009, 11:35:39 am »
No I don't think its possible on the other side, it was mainly for decoration so it wasn't just a flat surface all the way up.

Offline Jakious

• Soldier
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2009, 03:00:55 am »
Looks cool poppy, is it hard?

DarkCrusade

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2009, 03:06:45 am »
Well, I have beaten it, but it took long :) There are a few polybugs that were a bit annoying but it is doable ;D

Offline Jakious

• Soldier
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2009, 03:20:31 am »
Oh cool I actually downloaded it, it's a bit of a cheap resurrection of climb but meh..
Your map is cool, the end is a bit of a bitch but I got it fine, relaxed climbing is great :D

Offline Shinobars

• Major
    • SoldatRS Forums
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2009, 05:15:39 am »
I got almost to the end until I faced a completely vertical wall and I couldn't figure out how to get up it. ;(

Offline KeNNy`

• Major
  • Quiet one.
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2009, 06:30:00 am »
I played on this map, is damned difficult. For example: invisible deadth ground, it's really annoying but anyway nice job.
Old School

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2009, 05:02:51 pm »
I got to the second right arrow, or about half way.. then a little beyond. I accidentally had a 15 minute timer, but when 15 minutes was up, the game bugged and let me continue playing, lol.. but it wasn't without consequences: a lot of spiky lag.

I decided I had enough after that. I'm still proud of myself because I don't deem myself to be a climber ;D

PS. Er yea, that 3rd jump took me at least 3 minutes to figure out..

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2009, 06:13:22 pm »
You can "easily" get to almost the end (where you get to that part that looks like has squares inside the walls), but only with /save and /load. at least I can't do it anyhow else.