Poll

Do you want 2 kinds of objectives?

F12 (yes)
F11 (no)

Author Topic: INF - Primary & Secondary objective  (Read 1526 times)

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
INF - Primary & Secondary objective
« on: July 15, 2009, 03:43:32 pm »
How about having two different types of "objectives" in INF? A normal black flag (primary objective), which when capped gives red team 30 points.
And some kind of other black flag (secondary objective.. stripy flag?) which would give reds only 5-10 points on actual cap, and will add 1 point every few seconds red flagger stays near white flag (to prevent multiple cappings at once, secondary can only be capped again after it's returned back to its spawn.

This will let mappers make original maps and even new gamemodes with that.
A great example would be inf_Invasion. Black flag spawned right near red spawn. So reds' goal was to fight their way to blue base where white flag is. The problem was: since black flag was constantly captured, blue weren't getting any points and had no chance of winning.
   With 2 kinds of objectives it could be like this: black flag would spawn somewhere away from all the players, so it can't be grabbed and blue would still keep getting points. Red team will grab the secondary objective instead (blue will still be getting points as long as primary objective is in its place) and will try to cap and hold position for as long as they can to gradually get more points than blue.

Also, a mini-request: would be nice if it didn't matter how far away white flag is from its spawn.
I have recently tried an idea of a map, where white flag spawns high in the air and falls down through the map. So you not only need to capture black flag, but you also have to wait until white flag reaches the bottom of the map, teleports back up and falls onto you. And all this time you would need to survive.
However this concept partially failed, because once white flag falls down a certain distance from its original spawn, you can't score because technically white flag is missing. I understand that this request is too minor, but i still hope it'll be considered. :S

-----------
See other mapping-related suggestions here
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 07:11:53 pm by L[0ne]R »

DarkCrusade

Re: INF - Primary & Secondary objective
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 03:53:58 pm »
I support this idea as long as this feature is optional and doesn´t change the complete gamemode.

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 06:08:01 pm »
I say F12.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 06:15:28 pm »
F12

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 04:45:49 am »
I was initially against the idea until you mentioned the example of inf_Invasion.

F12 as long as this is optional in some way.