Author Topic: DM - 1v1 - Tiki-Ness v1.0  (Read 4281 times)

Offline RatBoy

• Soldier
  • Fowl Language
    • RatBoy Maps
DM - 1v1 - Tiki-Ness v1.0
« on: August 17, 2009, 10:15:16 pm »
DM - 1v1 - Tiki-Ness v1.0:

Map's Story:
Not much people know about these caverns, long time ago the place was crawling with an ancient tribe known as the Tiki, bloodthirsty cannibals. The Tiki believed in a powerfull ancient creature, gigantic and extremely dangerous, wich they called the "Tiki-Ness".

The Tiki believed that their god would resurrect if not pleased, to reign chaos and madness over the mortal world. That's why they performed sacrifices in front of the gigantic skull of Tiki-Ness, throwing captured people from a cliff to their dooms, then eating the remains and resting afterwards in the pool area.

Modern arqueologists have discovered that the Tiki god was actually a big Tyrannosaurus skull, and that the Tiki became extinct due to high cholesterol problems caused by their cannibalistic diet.

Comments:
Been working on this one for the past few weeks. It all started looking through The Drawing Board topic, liked X-Files sketch by iDante enough to make a small 1on1 arena. But didn't have the theme yet, so I stored that sketch and waited until I could shape up something.

After some tests I began working on the dinosaur bony theme wich seemed ok, I needed to give it more feeling, so then I added the whole Tiki cult to the scene. The map is intended for one on one matches, wanna be clear about this so I don't get the "too small" kind of comments xD

There's not much else to say, probably will update this one some day to improve looks and stuff, but I'm pretty happy with how it's looking right now. I'm also working on more 1on1 levels, for those like I who like to duel in tight spaces.

Note: the map does not have waypoints. Why? 'cause I hate them and I don't want to do them basically, if anyone wishes to make them for the map, I'd be glad to add them in a future version ^_^

Overview:

Screenshots:

Concept:

Information:
Polygons: 1202
Scenery: 58
Spawns: 23
Colliders: 76
Waypoints: 0
Connections: 0
Dimensions: 956x969

Aditional Credits:
Sketch by iDante (joe.finney@gmail.com)
Light Scenery Pack by SERIAL KILLeR (www.skmods.tk)
"HHH 20 Textures" by HHH (hhh_jokke@hotmail.com)
"furry texture" by grand_diablo (grand_diablo@hotmail.com)

Download Links:
- The Mapping Showcase (ZIP)
- 4shared (RAR)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 03:12:34 pm by RatBoy »

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
Re: DM - 1v1 - Tiki-Ness v1.0
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 10:48:37 pm »
Good 1-on-1 map

The scenery-work is well-done, and isn't distracting in-game. Some of the bones are solid polygons, which makes for a slightly weird gameplay, but it isn't a problem.

Also noticed the colliders inside the polygons, preventing grenades from doing amazing stuff, especially on maps with small polygons such as this. Also liked the atmosphere.

Offline Biggles

• Flagrunner
  • Mapping rotating
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 03:46:53 am »
wow cool scenery work, the theme looks pretty much wonderful.

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 03:42:12 pm »
Tiki-Ness is nice but i don't like such a layout in general ( Just 3 dead ends... Even considering that map suppose to be X like it's kinda wierd. Making waypoints for dead ends is total pain in the #$&...
It definately needs a tonnel to connect top part with bottom and maybe tonnel at the right. Also making surrounding polygons more rocky-like shaped might be a good idea to improve visuals.

Also archive is missing 2 sceneries. And  there is no edge. (Maps&Prefabs Archiver v3.0.7)

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 06:02:45 pm »
Very very monster like appealing!
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline RatBoy

• Soldier
  • Fowl Language
    • RatBoy Maps
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 03:14:32 pm »
Also archive is missing 2 sceneries. And  there is no edge. (Maps&Prefabs Archiver v3.0.7)

Both files updated with the missing sceneries, sorry 'bout that. There's no edge because I didn't want it in this map. =D

Thanks for the comments everyone ^_^

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 11:38:15 pm »
Awesome map.
Great layout.w00t