Author Topic: Scout's Anim Lab  (Read 12749 times)

Offline scout

• Camper
  • Wolverine does'nt have nothing on me now!
Scout's Anim Lab
« on: September 01, 2009, 12:42:04 pm »
This post has been converted into a sub post for all my creations related to animations. Gosteks can be found in Scout's Gostek Vault, as seen in my signature.

Anims Mini Mod

This mini mod which applies mainly to the knife, includes-

Knife Slash Variant A & B, knife sounds are included for added effect ;)

Sorry, no youtube vids here- something's wrong with the uploading system.

Knife Slash Variant A Filename- Bije.poa

Player slashes upward with knife, before spinning it back to its orginal position, ready for another attack.

Knife Slash Variant B   Filename- Bije3.poa

player reaches forward and spins knife in hand, 360 deg, before movingback to original position.

standing anim

player now holds knife with the blade pointed down, also alters the height at which the gun is held.

Player also now sneaks than crouch-walks, BETA still in development.

Included in the pack, is the newly updated Ezio Auditore Di Frienze Gostek v2

ingame screenies are inside.

get the mod here.
http://www.mediafire.com/?m2hj5ymynmj

Enjoy, and have fun cutting the crap outta people :D

Arm Mounted Grenade Launcher

Inspired by Assassin's Creed 2-

In the E3 2009 debut trailer, ezio is seen loading an arm-mounted wheel lock pistol before proceeding to shoot his target.

This gave me an idea to try something like, that. but in this case, a grenade version.
Its simple, the player would use his GRENADE to fire. No longer having to throw it anymore, plus side, the grenade is propelled further and faster than ever before.

in this mod, the following changes are made-

-grenade throwing anim.

This has been edited to make the player look like he's loading a grenade into his 'arm' and raise it to aim- much like when ezio is seen doing the exact same thing. once the animation is fully finished, the player will proceed to fire the grenade.

-grenade speed changed

its simple really, ive figured this out by wanting changing the grenades speed. however, when editing the weapon settings for the nade, the higher the number, the slower the speed. thus, reversing this, and putting the speed at 15(default 50) the grenade would now fly at an alarming rate. '10 is an equivalent to the barret's bullet speed.

-new grenade throw & pullout sounds added.
just for added effect that you are indeed firing an arm mounted launcher ;)

Video screen capture- It would still be better if you watched the original vid. This picture's not really
clear.

video lin here- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcuEqTzRXl4

ingame screen

Grab it here!
http://www.mediafire.com/?ddjijmdqjzl

Combining this with the Anims Mini mod or the gostek as seen in the gostek vault, would give you the ultimate experience of Ezio Auditore De Firenze
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 02:43:01 am by scout »

Offline Ragnaros

• Soldier
Re: Anims Mini Mod
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 12:45:35 pm »
always wanted smth like this! tnx alot, scout.

the only bad thing: you cant play online with changed anims :(

d/ling anyway to cut down some bots :)

Offline scout

• Camper
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 12:52:02 pm »
yes, having a 20 on 1 bot match is fun when your equipped with new moves :D

EDIT- Oh yes, the new attack anims make it WAY much easier for killing bots now. its more like an instant attack on click than anticipating the bot's movements, and trying to stab him with the 1/2 second knife attack delay.

EDIT2- Known bugs may include not being able to pickup the knife after dropping it.

p.s Doing this mod, does not mean im free to continue my other unfinished mods XD ive still got lots of work to do. Was just able to scrape some time of my work to do this :D
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 12:59:41 pm by scout »

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
  • It's a real burn, being right so often.
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 01:02:32 pm »
Wow, this is really cool 10/10  ;D

Great job!

you should try more of this kind of stuff.

Offline scout

• Camper
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 01:04:06 pm »
:D gah it was nothing, was bored as nuts with my stuff, so i decided to try something new, besides ive always wanted to try making new anims XD

Well, i gotta get back to my project. its 2 am here, and im still left with a bit of work, deadlines at 9am tmr LOL.

So.. see ya :D
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 01:10:40 pm by scout »

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 04:11:36 pm »
Tl;dr

Multiplayer support?

Also, how to make the knife rotate, as i dont manage to do it always.
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline scout

• Camper
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 06:15:51 pm »
Multiplayer support?

Nope, not possible. although there has been a few situations...

Also, how to make the knife rotate, as i dont manage to do it always.

its moving the green 'left/right special' thing around, this is purely for the knife, not possible for other weapons.

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 07:09:28 pm »
Tried making it mp useable, but it seems that, even if the frame number is the same, if the file size isnt, it counts as a modified anim.
Frame amount same as vanilla one
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline scout

• Camper
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 04:23:05 am »
yep, just as i suspected. good catch tho, never really thought about it, cept for the number of frames being the same.

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 05:06:56 am »
Weir though, as the frame amount should be enough to make the same file size, and i checked it in notepad, and the same amount of lines is used, but the amount of characters is different (20339 in default, 15940 in your).

The reason might be that in your gostek, the points arent moving, but are static, except the hand of course.
Ill try to do later a version of your bije3.poa (which i made with the same frame amount) based on the default one, just changing the hand, while the body will move like in default, it should be mp usable then.

Also, i noticed that you had a few frames that were fully identical, was it intended or accidentally?

Offline scout

• Camper
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 05:28:05 am »
yes it was intended to be identical. i did'nt want the animation to be too short. i learnt this in animation class, 1 st rule of animation, never always use single animation frames per movement, unless you intend to edit every single one of them.

Offline scout

• Camper
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2009, 05:38:23 am »

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2009, 06:21:58 am »
Wrong animations.

We speak of the .poa animations in Soldat.

Offline scout

• Camper
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2009, 08:24:49 am »
Sometimes i've wondered if people like him, likes to attract attention or wants to be yelled at for the wrong reasons, or,  just ain't using common sense.

No offense there Croatian, but ive seen enough people like these in my life to get irritated by the slightest hint of 'em.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 08:26:54 am by scout »

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2009, 08:32:11 am »
Give him a break, he doesn't have good English, I mean really we all learned to live with Dairy right?  ;D

Croatian just has bad grammar, that' all.   :-\

*Ontopic* you really gotta make more of these scout  ;)

Offline scout

• Camper
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2009, 08:48:31 am »
perhaps i was a lil too harsh, because im damned freakin tired and still have stuffs to do >.<. But yeah, ill take that back.

ontopic- yeah sure, ill do more whenever possible. my next few anims I could be doing might include-running, jumping, crouch-walking( i would seriously want to do an equivalent of Sam Fisher's sneak animations, or Altair's low stance- where he crouches down low when crossing small bridges), weapon switching, weapon throwing.. idle animations( tabac, smoke, piss?)and stuff like that.

Oh wait.. i did a standing anim( and eventually thrashed it) where the knife constantly spun in circles in your hand, even while running. Most distracting thing is, the hand goes in that twisting motion too.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 08:50:44 am by scout »

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2009, 08:51:42 am »
*QUOTE* "Oh wait.. i did a standing anim( and eventually thrashed it) where the knife constantly spun in circles in your hand, even while running. Most distracting thing is, the hand goes in that twisting motion too."

Lol that sounds annoying  ;D

(Don't ask why i quoted you like that, because I don't know :))

Offline scout

• Camper
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2009, 09:00:42 am »
oh whatever :D

And yes it was hell annoying, butt quite fun to watch. Because if you happen to attack during the spinning, it seems so fluid, like the soldier already knows hes gonna attack, and just spins the knife to get ready :D

Offline MattH

• Flagrunner
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2009, 09:04:58 am »
I don't know if this is possible, could you make it so when you do /rawr instead of lifting both hands in the air he holds his hands apart in like a surfer position?  :-\

Offline scout

• Camper
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2009, 09:08:21 am »
its possible, problem is, you'd see the gun float above you. The gnn itself, is an independent entity on its own.. or from thats what i know.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 09:14:47 am by scout »