Author Topic: Soldat gets laggy during any map (Windows 7)  (Read 801 times)

Offline Sting

• Major(1)
Soldat gets laggy during any map (Windows 7)
« on: September 21, 2009, 03:10:38 pm »
Yes after god knows how many years of playing soldat I have finally decided to register to the forums, anyway few days ago i got windows 7, college decided to give me it LOL (woo first legal software in years), anyway, i know its been posted about problems with soldat and w7 but i figured id make a new post since its slightly different.  My soldat works perfectly fine, don't need compatibilty mode or anything.  But it just randomly gets laggy during any map, at completly random times and my fps don't drop at all, they are like stuck at 133, but if i open youtube for example, they get uncapped and go to like 380-450, but the problem still occurs.  Is there going to be any fix issued for this problem or any work around to fix it now?  Pretty damn annoy, there seems to be no "real" reason when it happens, just random.  And don't say go back to xp or linux, i have a hard on for xp but i wanted to access all my memory, and i refused to use vista, for the most part im happy with this so far, just this small issue with soldat.  :-*
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 11:07:28 am by Shoozza »

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
Re: W7
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 03:19:34 pm »
Youtube only affects the fps meter, not the game itself. Fake fps booster they say.

Offline xurich

• Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
Re: W7
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 04:47:10 pm »
Your problem sounds somewhat similar to my own. It's an amazing hassle, and I've tried a lot of things to fix it, but I haven't yet found anything useful. I've been dual booting with XP for three months now, solely to be able play Soldat. If you do find a solution, please pass it along!