Author Topic: bugs in 1.5.1[BETA] maps  (Read 1662 times)

Offline As de Espada

• Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
bugs in 1.5.1[BETA] maps
« on: November 15, 2009, 10:11:01 pm »
I found some things that could be better in the maps:

CSM means: collider should be middle (collider's scenery is set to back, I think that should be middle)

ctf_B2b: polybug on the left of left bridge
ctf_Conquest: there's a collider in the ceil (just kidding  ;D )
ctf_Dropdown: name should be ctf_Dropdown3, not ctf_Dropdown, CSM: in the wall (under the flags)
ctf_Equinox: polybug in the bridge
ctf_Laos: CSM: lower (the trespassable part of those sheds are visually equal to the others, but this is not that important...)
ctf_Maya: I don't know if you changed it, but the crate in the right base is kind of flying.
ctf_Mayapan: CSM: lower right and left
ctf_pilot: name should be ctf_Pilot, not ctf_pilot
ctf_Run: upper sandbags don't have colliders, is that right?
ctf_Snakebite: all crates CSM, bridges are set to back, I think they should be middle.

htf_Tower: the signature... what's the point? isn't enough the map's description?

inf_Belltower: there's a crate without collider (middle right, I think this will need a picture)
inf_Rescue: polybug in the tower (upper right of it), in the lower tunnel (middle of it), and in the alpha tunnel (critical). I think this map has a lot more polybugs.
inf_Swan: the tree in alpha base seems to be flying (I know it's the snow, but it's weird right now)

Unlim: CSM in the right, that one with "lights" on it and the lower one
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 10:19:00 pm by As de Espada »
All my maps | my latest map: SoldatX Racing Mappack
me making a map on youtube: ctf_FastMade

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
Re: bugs in 1.5.1[BETA] maps
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 05:52:14 am »
Okay, very useful topic. At first I say that naming maps back to root name (no more Death2, Dropdown2 etc) was made by Enesce, so we might be unable to affect on that (some weird fail happened with naming Pilot, it'll be fixed). I think it was a good decision in any case.

Generally new remakes and new maps seem to be too heavy for many computers. To my knowledge there's something in 1.5.1 beta version itself that makes fps high, but that doesn't change the fact that the maps could be made much lighter.

So we need a diet, get rid off not needed polygons / scenery. I've already started to remove unnecessary polygons in ctf_Run

The list of maps with fps problems:
ctf_Run
ctf_Luxor
ctf_Freefall
ctf_Scorpion

(There'll be more)

I'll start gather data related this. I'll update that list when got better info. If someone knows someone that's not retarded and who is having serious issues with fps (like fps under 30). Tell him to pm me or zakath at #soldat.mapping.

But about maps' buglist, continue. No matter if it's remake, new or current default map.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 10:27:20 am by Suowarrior »

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 07:13:49 am »
Can't believe how a single sign could cause problems anywhere. I'd love to hear a proper explanation for it. I have always considered the version number to be a part of the map's name, always. Little things like this can cause so much frustration among the players, not to mention any bigger changes...

Nuubia has a couple of sticky polygons. Probably there are more, but these two are the most annoying while playing.

Offline As de Espada

• Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 01:29:12 am »
ctf_Mayapan: there's a group of creates in the left and not in the mirror. is that the intention?

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 04:24:41 am »
ctf_Mayapan: there's a group of creates in the left and not in the mirror. is that the intention?

I've been thinking the same. Those sneaky boxes are pretty important for keeping the balance.

I'd also delete the new polyislands. I think they don't give any good for play, just one nadeabuse place.

Also bg should be modified a bit, atm both polys and bg are too near each other colors.

edit: Geologist could you fix it?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 08:46:23 am by Suowarrior »

Offline As de Espada

• Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 10:03:59 pm »
I think that ctf_Laos and ctf_Ruins should be more "solid like" bridges. I could swear I could shoot through them.