Author Topic: ctf_B2b  (Read 3824 times)

Offline Wraithlike

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • The Ichthyologist
ctf_B2b
« on: November 21, 2009, 10:13:38 pm »

Known Issues:
  • Polybug on the left of left bridge
  • Complaints about redesign, and possible FPS issues.

Feel free to post new issues, and discuss the current ones.

Offline As de Espada

• Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
Re: ctf_B2b
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 10:16:43 pm »
I'm missing the camping spot right below the middle's entrance. That place was fun as hell to play in public servers.
Other camping spot that's fun it's the one near the flags, in the lower path.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 11:27:41 pm by As de Espada »
All my maps | my latest map: SoldatX Racing Mappack
me making a map on youtube: ctf_FastMade

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 11:32:54 pm »
One of the things I've always really disliked about the old b2b is how ugly I felt/feel it was. This map, in my opinion, is absolutely gorgeous compared to the old one. And I don't really see a difference in game play since the map is largely shaped the same.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 07:14:30 am »
The gameplay went worse. I've seen complaints about ruining the lower route, which I totally agree with. I'd like to hear the reasoning for doing the little tweaks there. Also, now you have to go backwards if you want to use the lower route because of the wang after spawns. ???

The old B2b was a lot prettier.

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 08:38:01 am »
Harder to get up on the left side, if you are alt. + they got higher ground.
I'm just saying, I know what side I would want to be on

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 03:24:53 pm »
One of the things I've always really disliked about the old b2b is how ugly I felt/feel it was. This map, in my opinion, is absolutely gorgeous compared to the old one. And I don't really see a difference in game play since the map is largely shaped the same.

This is why you have to playtest the maps. The map is shaped the same, but its those intricacies of the original that are missing in this remake. The low route is really much worst than the old one, due to smoothing of polygons and slight changes here and there.

If you ask a bunch of players (Im one of them), they will tell you that the b2b low route is the best in the game for alt players. There were a few issues on the old b2b which prevented it from being popular. These are that blue side has a significant disadvantage on the map, capping is very hard, and returning flag during standoffs is impossible. Only one of those issues in the previous map was fixed slightly in the remake (To add the little ceiling over flag area makes capping from low easier). All the other issues were not fixed, and alot of the good things about the old b2b are gone in this remake. I would have liked to see a remake which actually made blue side a little balanced, because that would have been a good remake (Especially if it managed to keep low route the exact replica of the old one).
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstien

Offline zakath

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
    • Soldatladder
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 06:13:56 am »
Latest revision:
- Fps fixed
- Easier to get up at left
http://www.soldatcustom.com/downloads/ctf_b2b2.rar

#soldat.mapping - #soldat.inc - #soldatladder - #soldat.gather.nordic

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 02:31:55 pm »
clouds or white potatoes? sry, but really ugly imo :(
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline As de Espada

• Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2009, 07:41:42 pm »
you could have used more and smaller clouds

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2009, 09:20:46 pm »
ugliest update. thought the update were to make the maps looks better..
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2009, 01:48:07 pm »

this is the most retarded opinion ever... Have you even played it? How can you say that the map gameplay has not changed at all. Can we really put a map into the game just because it looks nice :E From what I remeber ever since they changed b2b from grass and dirt to ice and snow everyone stopped playing it.
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline As de Espada

• Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2009, 03:02:34 pm »
since the looks are a concern, I found a shading bug

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2009, 08:34:50 am »
I'm not sure about others but I always preferred b2b before this snow themed set in. This might be just because b2b was one of the most played maps back then, and one of my first experience's of Soldat. I not at home atm and i can't seem to find an overview of the real original b2b(maybe someone else can post that.) I did find this remake by Boxo by doing a quick search which reflects the same color/textures: this one also looks quite interesting to play with the bases that go out over the flag points(though this i assume makes it harder to cap) Has this map ever been tested in gathers etc?

heres an overview:

maybe it could be tried? Really for me atleast this map looks a hell lot better... this current b2b remake being used is so damn dark :/ and quite frankly even with the nice shading and cool sceneries i don't feel it feels so good it looks uglier. This one looks a hell lot better with a lighted background simple textures... again this is how I feel but I think alot of people share my opinion.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 08:37:35 am by CheeSeMan. »
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2010, 01:36:56 pm »
I like the back ground, it is dark enough to not flashbang my eyes off.

Basic complaints about the whole damn map is the poly works, it's annoying enough for Bravo team to climb up the damn hill in the beginning with mass poly bug -_-
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2010, 01:48:59 pm »
I'm not sure about others but I always preferred b2b before this snow themed set in. This might be just because b2b was one of the most played maps back then, and one of my first experience's of Soldat. I not at home atm and i can't seem to find an overview of the real original b2b(maybe someone else can post that.) I did find this remake by Boxo by doing a quick search which reflects the same color/textures: this one also looks quite interesting to play with the bases that go out over the flag points(though this i assume makes it harder to cap) Has this map ever been tested in gathers etc?

heres an overview:

maybe it could be tried? Really for me atleast this map looks a hell lot better... this current b2b remake being used is so damn dark :/ and quite frankly even with the nice shading and cool sceneries i don't feel it feels so good it looks uglier. This one looks a hell lot better with a lighted background simple textures... again this is how I feel but I think alot of people share my opinion.

I like this 15x better than the remake. Lets look at the improvements this makes over the other remake which is being considered:

1. Polygon structure is the old polygon structure, which is WAY better than the remake.
2. The background color is not dark, way better for gameplay.
3. It keeps the little cover over flag areas, which was the only improvement the other remake has over the old b2b's.
4. Nostalgia factor since this is the original b2b

It should seriously be considered to do something like this.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstien

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2010, 05:00:13 pm »
The 1.5.1 rmk got even less jet fuel than the original one. I like the Cheeseman's rmk.
I think that dont gonna happen, but i would like to play a b2b smaller, looking for the way of the Equinox and Maypan rmks.

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2010, 05:12:39 pm »
One flaw in that "b2bold" remake is that player spawns are set nearer the game. Normally I'd like that but in this case the it's flaw cos:

It gives even fewer caps than current B2b, cos the spawns are nearer the flag, it's faster to get on defending the flag. Yes you can also attack faster, but the effect is smaller there.

Offline zakath

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
    • Soldatladder
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2010, 05:12:56 pm »
The 1.5.1 rmk got even less jet fuel than the original one. I like the Cheeseman's rmk.
I think that dont gonna happen, but i would like to play a b2b smaller, looking for the way of the Equinox and Maypan rmks.

jet hasn't changed its 72 in 1.5 and in 1.5.1

#soldat.mapping - #soldat.inc - #soldatladder - #soldat.gather.nordic

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2010, 05:26:16 pm »
then the middle island is out of place, cuz i need more jet to get there ;p or it seems so. Btw cheeseman's > current/rmk.