Author Topic: ctf_Viet (fix version avaivable)  (Read 3834 times)

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
ctf_Viet (fix version avaivable)
« on: November 22, 2009, 03:56:25 am »
Known Issues:
  • Medic placement?

Fixed version updated in new beta version.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 06:10:32 am by Suowarrior »

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
Re: ctf_Viet
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 04:19:50 am »
Was fine before, this version is just more ugly
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh

Offline zakath

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
    • Soldatladder
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 03:48:23 pm »
latest version playable at #soldat.mapping
Update:
- Fixed fps
- Changed color scheme
- Changed medi/nade placement

#soldat.mapping - #soldat.inc - #soldatladder - #soldat.gather.nordic

Offline As de Espada

• Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 05:02:51 pm »
could you plz post new version here?
All my maps | my latest map: SoldatX Racing Mappack
me making a map on youtube: ctf_FastMade

Offline zakath

• Veteran
    • Soldatladder
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 05:59:29 pm »

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
Re: ctf_Viet (fix version avaivable)
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 08:07:36 pm »
I like the new Viet. I don't see a problem with this change
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh

Offline Vv00t-SN

• Camper
  • I aim to please!
    • fuck you skoskav & everyone else fucking with my profile all the time.
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 12:15:20 pm »
The color fix is much appreciated.
I still don't - in principle - agree with the widened chutes from down, but I can live with it ;)

either this kid has a lightbulb up his butt, or his colon has a great idea.
Soldat Quote DB: http://qdb.soldatgather.com/

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 09:59:38 pm »
Nice fixes, I also think some of the background trees need to go. Then it will be very very nice. The meds and nades are still not perfect (There should be no meds or nades in the up route). The meds are actually better low than at the places mid. I suggest keeping all nades at base, and replacing the meds up route to where they were low in the original remake.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstien

Offline zakath

• Veteran
    • Soldatladder
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2009, 04:55:31 am »
Nice fixes, I also think some of the background trees need to go. Then it will be very very nice. The meds and nades are still not perfect (There should be no meds or nades in the up route). The meds are actually better low than at the places mid. I suggest keeping all nades at base, and replacing the meds up route to where they were low in the original remake.
what I want to prevent by not haveing meds in the base. is ppl running back because they lost 90 % of their lives and instead haveing them always move forward.
haveing nades in the bases also promotes defence if you move them more forward into the map your promote offence.
I always promote offence over defence.

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2009, 06:35:53 am »
Nice fix, the visuals and the gameplay

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2009, 09:05:35 am »
what I want to prevent by not haveing meds in the base. is ppl running back because they lost 90 % of their lives and instead haveing them always move forward.
haveing nades in the bases also promotes defence if you move them more forward into the map your promote offence.

Viet is one of those maps on which if you come back constantly, you are hurting yourself (Atleast in the competitive environment). It's a very offensive map and even though there are usually not many caps, teams that constantly push and rush will win the map. There is a fine line between promoting offense and making it s**t easy to rush, letting people heal and reload nades on their way to base will take away a major aspect of skill which is that teams are going to usually need to kill 4-6 people to cap on a map like Viet without any opportunities to heal on the way. This is an important aspect of alot of maps, and putting meds/nades mid on every map takes away this aspect. I understand what you are trying to get at by placing meds mid, but I don't think you are truly realizing the entire implications of a change like this, and the dynamics of a map like viet. Players needing to kill 4-6 in a rush with only 3 people is a good aspect of a map. You don't want every situation to be fully healed versus fully healed 1v1 situations, because that takes away a major aspect of the skill and timing required in a map like Viet.

While this is true for all maps, its more so on a map like viet where coming back is not a problem at all, because the players that come back are infact hurting their team. And even assuming that the nades/meds mid do not negatively impact gameplay, there still needs to be a balance in the maplist. Having every map being a 9-3 and 7-4 capfest will get boring fast. And even though scores on viet are usually low, that does not mean it is a defensive map. It is infact one of the most offensive maps in the game.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 09:21:58 am by Poop »
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstien

Offline zakath

• Veteran
    • Soldatladder
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2009, 09:31:48 am »

Viet is one of those maps on which if you come back constantly, you are hurting yourself (Atleast in the competitive environment). It's a very offensive map and even though there are usually not many caps, teams that constantly push and rush will win the map. There is a fine line between promoting offense and making it s**t easy to rush, letting people heal and reload nades on their way to base will take away a major aspect of skill which is that teams are going to usually need to kill 4-6 people to cap on a map like Viet without any opportunities to heal on the way. This is an important aspect of alot of maps, and putting meds/nades mid on every map takes away this aspect. I understand what you are trying to get at by placing meds mid, but I don't think you are truly realizing the entire implications of a change like this, and the dynamics of a map like viet. Players needing to kill 4-6 in a rush with only 3 people is a good aspect of a map. You don't want every situation to be fully healed versus fully healed 1v1 situations, because that takes away a major aspect of the skill and timing required in a map like Viet.

While this is true for all maps, its more so on a map like viet where coming back is not a problem at all, because the players that come back are infact hurting their team. And even assuming that the nades/meds mid do not negatively impact gameplay, there still needs to be a balance in the maplist. Having every map being a 9-3 and 7-4 capfest will get boring fast. And even though scores on viet are usually low, that does not mean it is a defensive map. It is infact one of the most offensive maps in the game.
What i dislike about viet is the repitiveness of the gameplay(everyone running high spraying) this does however get broken as soon as one team manages to cap meaning the other team have todo something different if they dont want to loose, sending someone low to bring home a sneaky cap for example but at the same time risking looseing ground high of course. This opens up the dynamic of the map on viet. sadly this doesn't happen very often. makeing it easier to get that first cap which unleashes this dynamic is the reason for the medikit placement.

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2009, 09:51:51 am »
I wish you'd understand to turn for the side of overwhelming majority. Viet is popular map as it is, meaning that gameplay doesn't need changes.

However, Viet's middle route, it's clearly accepted that it's better on that remake than in original. I believe that change can't have negative effect.

It's different case with the medics. It's not clear that they are better on remake than in original. We do know one thing: medic places are universally liked at original Viet and we do know there's nothing wrong at them. At least I wouldn't be ready to risk Viet's popularity for the sake of medics.